Closed Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 172
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

  1. #21
    FORT Friend Baby's Breath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    763

    Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

    AshLee has acknowledged that she has control issues, which I think is important. If I were Sean, I'd let that go. What I might wonder about would be why she couldn't get along with her mother to the point that she felt it necessary to marry a guy just so she wouldn't have to go home every night. Like many of you have said, she was fortunate to have ended up with very loving parents, so why'd she rebel... and why against her mom, in particular?

  2. #22
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,908

    Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    AshLee has acknowledged that she has control issues, which I think is important. If I were Sean, I'd let that go. What I might wonder about would be why she couldn't get along with her mother to the point that she felt it necessary to marry a guy just so she wouldn't have to go home every night. Like many of you have said, she was fortunate to have ended up with very loving parents, so why'd she rebel... and why against her mom, in particular?
    Very good questions BB. I wonder if we get answers to those questions??
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #23
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,034

    Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

    As much as I'm not really into Ashlee, I do have to say that it is not that unusual for a 17-year-old girl to have issues with her mom. Not that I did but not everyone has perfect parents like mine were.
    jucamer likes this.

  4. #24
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,133

    Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I really like this girl BUT....a loving family did adopt her, raise her, love her....she's very lucky. I can understand the abandonment issues, but at some point in your life, you need to get over that. Sure, her mother didn't want her, but a loving family did. And from the way she looks and dresses and speaks, I'd guess she had a pretty damn good childhood and didn't want for much. I think if she hasn't sought therapy, she really should. It's way past time to put the past behind her, be thankful for second chance she was given and move on. If I were her adoptive parents, I'd be a little hurt that she doesn't really acknowledge what they've done for her.
    Thanks for expressing that so well! Took the words right out of my mouth - but even better lol.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  5. #25
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,908

    Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    As much as I'm not really into Ashlee, I do have to say that it is not that unusual for a 17-year-old girl to have issues with her mom. Not that I did but not everyone has perfect parents like mine were.
    Hmm that's true I guess. I just hope Sean doesn't choose her, I think she comes with way way too much baggage( jmho)
    NEPASue and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #26
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,703

    Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I really like this girl BUT....a loving family did adopt her, raise her, love her....she's very lucky. I can understand the abandonment issues, but at some point in your life, you need to get over that. Sure, her mother didn't want her, but a loving family did. And from the way she looks and dresses and speaks, I'd guess she had a pretty damn good childhood and didn't want for much. I think if she hasn't sought therapy, she really should. It's way past time to put the past behind her, be thankful for second chance she was given and move on. If I were her adoptive parents, I'd be a little hurt that she doesn't really acknowledge what they've done for her.
    I got the impression that they weren't good to her. If that's not the case, then something is wrong here.................

  7. #27
    FORT Fogey Midol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    My own private zoo
    Posts
    4,416

    Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I got the impression that they weren't good to her. If that's not the case, then something is wrong here.................
    I didn't get that impression jucamer. Why do you think that?
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

    The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

  8. #28
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,060

    Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

    I agree with much of what has been said about AshLee. Definitely her abandonment issues contributed in some way for her obsessive need to be super organized and in control. Much like an anorexic who feels out of control and the only thing she can control is how many calories she consumes each day. I do think she would benefit from therapy. As far as her teenage rebellion goes, most teens rebel against their parents to a certain extent. Hers was to the extreme, I would say. She has said her father is a pastor. Perhaps she was rebelling against an ultra conservative home life with many do's and dont's.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

  9. #29
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,908

    Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I agree with much of what has been said about AshLee. Definitely her abandonment issues contributed in some way for her obsessive need to be super organized and in control. Much like an anorexic who feels out of control and the only thing she can control is how many calories she consumes each day. I do think she would benefit from therapy. As far as her teenage rebellion goes, most teens rebel against their parents to a certain extent. Hers was to the extreme, I would say. She has said her father is a pastor. Perhaps she was rebelling against an ultra conservative home life with many do's and dont's.
    Sometimes we really don't need to know all the whys . The show never used to delve so far into pasts, not like they do know ( and throw everyone from the past under the same bus) .I was fine with not knowing, I wasn't going to end up with them. Ashlee definitely needs therapy though, and who knows, after seeing this show , she will see what we do.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #30
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,060

    Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Sometimes we really don't need to know all the whys . The show never used to delve so far into pasts, not like they do know ( and throw everyone from the past under the same bus) .I was fine with not knowing, I wasn't going to end up with them. Ashlee definitely needs therapy though, and who knows, after seeing this show , she will see what we do.
    But it's nice, no, to have a forum, FM, where we can speculate, probe, and dissect? It appeals to me, nonetheless, as it is just my nature to pick things apart and ask why? Obviously, I am not going to marry any of them either so it's of no concern to me other than mere speculation.
    jucamer likes this.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.