Closed Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

I liked them both. I think Ben's was more honest, I think Ashlee's was for attention, and part production.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    Anyway, Sean is apparently not quite ready to actually settle down and have children. He's going for two of the youngest women who clearly want to have a few more years of fun before really settling down. If he'd have accepted this about himself, he could have let Ashlee go a lot earlier.
    Its the process of elimination.... its the game! One by one they must go... until he gets HIS FINAL one. He kept those of which he was still interested in. AshLee made it to final 3.... that was her time to go.

On a different note... I was pretty surprised that AshLee felt that she was owed or deserved... that Sean come see her to make sure that she was OK after he sent her packing. WOW!
    Last edited by I'm here; 03-10-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    NEPASue and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Its the process of elimination.... its the game! One by one they must go... until he gets HIS FINAL one. He kept those of which he was still interested in. AshLee made it to final 3.... that was her time to go.

On a different note... I was pretty surprised that AshLee felt that she was owed or deserved... that Sean come see her to make sure that she was OK after he sent her packing. WOW!
    Sean also said that he was angry because HE deserved a chance to explain himself. She wouldn't let him at the RC ... he didn't come to check on her where he could also have "explained" .... so we have impasse ... and so she gave him an opportunity at the WTA .

I know most all here think Ashlee is a little nutzo ...that may be the case, but I think she chose the only option she felt had ( to get some answers) and she came off looking wrong instead of wronged.
    I'm here likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

That stuff about why didn't Sean come to check on her after he let her go was mind-blowing. This girl needs so much reassurance and attention that she expects a man who, in effect, broke up with her to then come and visit to see if she's okay after he rejected her?! HUH?? When a guy lets you go, you're gone, game show or not. Get a clue, AshLee. Same thing when a woman breaks it off with a guy.
    NEPASue and I'm here like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    That stuff about why didn't Sean come to check on her after he let her go was mind-blowing. This girl needs so much reassurance and attention that she expects a man who, in effect, broke up with her to then come and visit to see if she's okay after he rejected her?! HUH?? When a guy lets you go, you're gone, game show or not. Get a clue, AshLee. Same thing when a woman breaks it off with a guy.
    It wasn't just that he let her go, but, she refused to talk to him when he let her go...and then she wants him to go searching for her to see if she is alright. Just a tad unrealistic.
    bee stung lips and NEPASue like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

The only times that a guy has come back to see me after breaking up with me was when they regretted it and wanted to get back together again. Why is it that I suspect that's really what Ashlee was wanting?

I am getting really excited about the finale and can't believe I've lasted this long without being spoiled. Since I'm so ate up with this silly show, I am dying to go read other sites about it but know that I can't if I want to remain unspoiled just one more night.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-10-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    Alexxxx likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    It wasn't just that he let her go, but, she refused to talk to him when he let her go...and then she wants him to go searching for her to see if she is alright. Just a tad unrealistic.
    It's that whole push-pull, passive-aggressive thing that women like Ashlee engage in then have the audacity to think it will get them what they want. Sean did the right thing in running for the hills.
    NEPASue, Midol and I'm here like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    It's that whole push-pull, passive-aggressive thing that women like Ashlee engage in then have the audacity to think it will get them what they want. Sean did the right thing in running for the hills.
    ITA. Plus I think AshLee's expectation that Sean would hunt her down was all part of the fantasy she had built up in her head, which was less about Sean, the man, and more about AshLee's expectations for whatever man happened to be wearing those shoes.

Even though she would probably swear up & down that she really thought Sean was the one for her, I wouldn't be at all surprised if she behaved exactly the same way with the next guy she falls for.
    bee stung lips, NEPASue and Midol like this.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Just once, I'd like to see Chris Harrison say the following at the first rose ceremony:

"Ladies (ding, ding, ding). Welcome to The Bachelor... You know the drill by now, you've seen it on television... We have Sean Lowe in the house. You've seen him rejected by Emily. It was the most dramatic rose ceremony ever... at least until tonight... He's hot. We'll show you plenty of footage of Sean in the shower. We probably picked him in part because he spends most of his life in the weight room. He isn't the brightest guy in the world, in fact he can't really count to 200. He's got some money, and we'll give him some more, so he's doing OK on that end...

"In short, ladies, he's someone you can show off with pride... however, like every hot 20-something full-of-himself man in America trying to make a name for himself on reality television, he's only looking for one thing. Oh, we'll pretend like we always do. And, who knows, maybe lightning will strike and love will blossom once the lights are off and the gaffer goes home for the season. We'll do our part and create impossibly romantic scenarios....

"Now a few of you will get to stick around for a few weeks. You've read the contracts, so you have to provide a family. Don't worry, we have some rentals if you need them. In fact, we've got this guy with a ridiculous tattoo on his wrist who's willing to play an angry brother or a jilted lover, or even a love child for you older contestants. Just ask when the time comes...

"When you get to those alone dates, you will probably have sex with Sean. He's a red-blooded American male, and, well, we can't pay him *that* much so we promised him he could have that alone time. You've all had your screenings, and he has, too. Just be safe, OK?

"And, ladies, while we ask that you open yourselves up (see page 17 of the contract) and provide us with a generous supply of 'I can see myself married to Sean' quotes (see page 34), he's going to dump almost all of you. Yeah, he will. Yes, you in the back with the dark hair, the angry stare and the impossible figure... He will dump you, and you won't see it coming... No, I'm telling you that he is required to take four of you on home-town dates and he will say anything to ensure that happens. We can't have another Shannon from season one.

"Yeah, that was embarrassing. I mean, we took care of it. But our contracts weren't as strong then, so page 54 and the fine-print about baseball bats and kneecaps wasn't there at all. Just be careful out there, remember your lines, work with our acting coach so that you can cry on cue if you have no formal training. And let the games begin."
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Bravo! Wonderful bit of whimsy with more than a touch of truth.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Closed Thread