Closed Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

I think by the time they are the F3. They are all shocked. I think the guys would get hell if they were ars rude as Ashlee was
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

See, now I don't see her as being rude, FM. She was either in shock or angry and didn't want to hear any explanation from Sean. Why is that rude? Personally, I am glad she didn't belittle herself by groveling at Sean's feet like Desiree did. It's so unseemly and undignified to me. Not that there is anything ''dignified''about this show anyway.
    bamafan, sclilred1 and Pandora2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think by the time they are the F3. They are all shocked. I think the guys would get hell if they were ars rude as Ashlee was
    Remember Ben? Some here loved it and some thought he was horrible. I was in the loved it camp. I also was glad to see Ashlee do what she did in a way even though I wanted her gone for a while now. I mean, who is really going to tell the truth in that situation? If the bach/ette were being totally honest, they would be saying they just weren't that into you and especially did not want to marry you. They obviously like someone else better.

So while I like it when the dumpee get's angry, I also understand the dumper wanting to try and explain if only because they are not enjoying breaking someone else's heart and/or hurting their pride.

I don't think they are all that shocked at all, not all the time. When Ben let Lindzi go, she looked like she didn't care whatsoever. I believe they have more of a clue of what's going on than we think.
    Midol likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't think they are all that shocked at all, not all the time. When Ben let Lindzi go, she looked like she didn't care whatsoever. I believe they have more of a clue of what's going on than we think.
    Well that was not exactly typical. Lindzi wasn't blind.
    NEPASue likes this.

FORT Fogey

Maybe all of the unchosen finalists are in denial. Maybe AshLee, Ben and the others, (including Sean during Emily's season), couldn't see what was obvious to the people involved with producing the show. I don't think any of the contestants wants to think that they were chosen as f2 or f3 on day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    See, now I don't see her as being rude, FM. She was either in shock or angry and didn't want to hear any explanation from Sean. Why is that rude? Personally, I am glad she didn't belittle herself by groveling at Sean's feet like Desiree did. It's so unseemly and undignified to me. Not that there is anything ''dignified''about this show anyway.
    Dignified? I agree- not a thing
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    Loved her exit. He admitted to her that he thought she was going to be the one at the end. I would bet he told her things throughout that made her feel that way also. So while I think she was shocked, I think she was also pissed. So glad she didn't give him the satisfaction of seeing her fall apart. Chris Harrison said in an interview that Sean was mad at her because he believed he DESERVED a chance to explain himself. While I generally like Sean, all this attention seems to have really fueled his ego.

As to Ashlee's issues, some people have basically said she needs to just get over what happened to her as a child. That is easier said than done. She was in 4 or 5 different foster homes within a year when she was 4. She was abused in at least one of those homes. Although she did not talk about this, to end up in foster care at age 4 probably means she was removed from her parent or parents by the state so probably was not a good life before then. Most of a person's ability to attach well to others is developed by the age of 4 so while she may not remember this time well, it would still have had a profound effect on her. She's actually had a better outcome than many people with her background, even those who were adopted by great families earlier than her. My sister and her husband both have worked in child welfare for over 20 years, have written chapters in textbooks, etc. and the stats they've shared with me re:foster care and adoption outcomes is sad. Many people end up with addiction problems, abusive marriages, etc.

Anyway, Sean is apparently not quite ready to actually settle down and have children. He's going for two of the youngest women who clearly want to have a few more years of fun before really settling down. If he'd have accepted this about himself, he could have let Ashlee go a lot earlier.
    This is the best post I have read describing Ashlee. I think you are right on! I wish he had sent her home earlier for everyone concerned.

Who's exit was worse ....

AshLee's OR

Ben F when Ashley Hebert said no to his proposal?

I vote Ben.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Who's exit was worse ....

AshLee's OR

Ben F when Ashley Hebert said no to his proposal?

I vote Ben.
    I liked them both. I thought they were more honest than most. Well except for the F2s who weren't really that interested anyhow.

Closed Thread