Closed Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

FORT Fogey

Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

I thought AshLee was filler from day one. I didn't think that Sean would chose a woman who is older than he is.

Loved her exit. He admitted to her that he thought she was going to be the one at the end. I would bet he told her things throughout that made her feel that way also. So while I think she was shocked, I think she was also pissed. So glad she didn't give him the satisfaction of seeing her fall apart. Chris Harrison said in an interview that Sean was mad at her because he believed he DESERVED a chance to explain himself. While I generally like Sean, all this attention seems to have really fueled his ego.

As to Ashlee's issues, some people have basically said she needs to just get over what happened to her as a child. That is easier said than done. She was in 4 or 5 different foster homes within a year when she was 4. She was abused in at least one of those homes. Although she did not talk about this, to end up in foster care at age 4 probably means she was removed from her parent or parents by the state so probably was not a good life before then. Most of a person's ability to attach well to others is developed by the age of 4 so while she may not remember this time well, it would still have had a profound effect on her. She's actually had a better outcome than many people with her background, even those who were adopted by great families earlier than her. My sister and her husband both have worked in child welfare for over 20 years, have written chapters in textbooks, etc. and the stats they've shared with me re:foster care and adoption outcomes is sad. Many people end up with addiction problems, abusive marriages, etc.

Anyway, Sean is apparently not quite ready to actually settle down and have children. He's going for two of the youngest women who clearly want to have a few more years of fun before really settling down. If he'd have accepted this about himself, he could have let Ashlee go a lot earlier.
    sclilred1, jacy, Cornholio and 1 others like this.

I'm starting to think AshLee's reaction at the end had more to do with utter shock than anything. I think she's probably a fairly strong woman, despite what she's been through, but I don't think she just made up her mind to not react. I think she was in stunned disbelief that the fantasy she had begun to believe in was crumbling. I'm guessing we were seeing a combination of shock and denial, and I'm also guessing she had a pretty serious meltdown later on.

But I also totally think it was OK for her to not want to hear Sean's 'explanation' of why he was sending her home, and I find it a little annoying to read that he was upset by that. First, she doesn't owe him anything, and while he may think he's doing the right thing for her sake, that's really all about him -- like the cheater who thinks he/she needs to confess. What's the point of burdening another person with something that won't make them feel any better?

Unless he's going to say something like, "you're the one I want to be with but TPTB are putting a gun to my head to send you home and I will call you later and explain..." you can pretty much assume it's going to be closer to "I don't like/love you enough..." which is essentially the reason anyone gets dimissed, so why state the obvious?

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Well I might be the voice of dissent here, but I imo, Sean dodged a bullet by sending Ashlee home. All along I was in Ashlee's camp, thinking she would make such a good woman for him, but the way she handled herself when she was sent home...hell naw. I understand her being upset, but that complete attitude snap and that death stare? Lord, no. I almost expected her head to start spinning around exorcist style...geez. I don't think she presented herself well there at all. Plenty of women have been sent packing on this show and no matter how shocked, hurt or devastated they were, they at least gave the guy a chance to explain his decision. Ashlee's whole, "talk to the hand" routine only made her look silly.

Frankly, with that display from her, I'm glad Sean showed her a$$ the door. Had he got with her I think he would have seen plenty of those attitude switch-ups. It would have been a breakup just waiting to happen.
    ness, Shoepie, Arielflies and 5 others like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Well I might be the voice of dissent here, but I imo, Sean dodged a bullet by sending Ashlee home. All along I was in Ashlee's camp, thinking she would make such a good woman for him, but the way she handled herself when she was sent home...hell naw. I understand her being upset, but that complete attitude snap and that death stare? Lord, no. I almost expected her head to start spinning around exorcist style...geez. I don't think she presented herself well there at all. Plenty of women have been sent packing on this show and no matter how shocked, hurt or devastated they were, they at least gave the guy a chance to explain his decision. Ashlee's whole, "talk to the hand" routine only made her look silly.

Frankly, with that display from her, I'm glad Sean showed her a$$ the door. Had he got with her I think he would have seen plenty of those attitude switch-ups. It would have been a breakup just waiting to happen.
    I almost expected her head to start spinning around exorcist style...
    omg! bee thats so funny and better than the death stare. I expected better of her (sigh)
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    omg! bee thats so funny and better than the death stare. I expected better of her (sigh)
    Well someone else called her machete eyes...lmao
    NEPASue likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I thought AshLee was filler from day one. I didn't think that Sean would chose a woman who is older than he is.
    I've always found that odd. For some reason men expect a woman to be noticably younger than them. Even a few years makes them "old" in a man's eyes. But yet, women are supposed to be attracted to men way older than them automatically without giving it a second thought.
    If a woman goes for a guy who's just a few (4-5 years) younger they're labeled as a Cougar, as if they're dirty old women, or cradle robbers or something.

I'm of the attitude that 4 above/4 below should work for everyone. At my age, even then, some of the 3-4 above seem like old goats to me.
    Pandora2 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

That was a serious psycho face She gave him a look to kill, as if to say "how dare you!?". She didn't even say goodbye to the other girls! Hopefully by WTA she is OK; you know they will be playing that scene all over again & quizzing her on it. But he is right...she was waaaaay too intense...throwing "I love you" around she should know better, but, at 32, I didn't know better, either...that came after 40.
    bee stung lips and ilja like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Well, as for not telling the other 2 women good bye, I think she was just in shock. I don't think she intentionally meant not to say good bye. Who knows, maybe Chris Harrison is instrumental after all as he chimes in to tell the booted woman/women to say their goodbyes, or they would forget to do so.

I think whether AshLee's response and death stare was anger, shock, or anything in between, it was her right to feel the way she felt. Obviously, she was blind-sided. Whether or not she is good at reading body language, or unable to read between the lines as to what Sean was or was not feeling towards her on their ''journey'', does not really matter to me. She was in no mood to let Sean off the hook for booting her. When she told him to " stay there" , he should have listened to her. She did not want to listen to him as he tried to absolve himself of any guilt feelings he was having. I don't blame Sean for letting her go if he wasn't feeling it, but he should have spared her his inane comments....he was so unnerved that he was stammering a bunch of nonsense: I thought it was you, until it wasn't or some such baloney. She didn't want an explanation so he should have left it at that.
    bamafan, rileymeboy and Pandora2 like this.

I agree, 100%.

Closed Thread