Closed Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

I also think Ashlee was egged on to tell her story, and to keep telling it. I never discount TPTB will use everything they can possible use, and then some.No matter what the viewer may think, no matter if the it hurts the individual.
    bamafan and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    Kudos to AshLee for leaving with her head held high. I've never liked her more than I did at the end of this episode.
    My thoughts exactly! I had reservations about her neediness, but that exit was awesome.
    bamafan likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I also think Ashlee was egged on to tell her story, and to keep telling it. I never discount TPTB will use everything they can possible use, and then some.No matter what the viewer may think, no matter if the it hurts the individual.
    Just like Emily and how we heard over and over ad nauseam about her boyfriend the race car driver, a plane crash, yada yada yada.

I did like that AshLee held her head up high and refused to let Sean off the hook. She wasn't buying any of what he was selling. I hate, just hate that the show drives the rejected contestants around for hours, trying to provoke an intense, crying reaction from them. It's so mean. Is there something in their contract that says that once rejected, you cannot go home immediately? If that were me, I would want to get out of Dodge fast! Our eagle eyed members here have noted that it was daylight when she left and nighttime when she finally cracked. Hours and hours went by before they got their crying money shot. Ugh! They probably kept probing and probing asking her things like: " Now AshLee, how did it feel to be rejected by your birth parents? How did your foster parents treat you? " It makes my skin crawl, actually.

Off topic...what does "ICAM" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Just like Emily and how we heard over and over ad nauseam about her boyfriend the race car driver, a plane crash, yada yada yada.

I did like that AshLee held her head up high and refused to let Sean off the hook. She wasn't buying any of what he was selling. I hate, just hate that the show drives the rejected contestants around for hours, trying to provoke an intense, crying reaction from them. It's so mean. Is there something in their contract that says that once rejected, you cannot go home immediately? If that were me, I would want to get out of Dodge fast! Our eagle eyed members here have noted that it was daylight when she left and nighttime when she finally cracked. Hours and hours went by before they got their crying money shot. Ugh! They probably kept probing and probing asking her things like: " Now AshLee, how did it feel to be rejected by your birth parents? How did your foster parents treat you? " It makes my skin crawl, actually.

Off topic...what does "ICAM" mean?
    I couldn't agree more.

I think they talked -from the time she didn't get the rose, to when she left in the limo. I think she laid a mighty guilt trip on him, because she did let her guard down with him. I said from the start she was needy, needy people dont change in one nanosecond like that- that was TPTB that drove that little scenario.( literally) that's why I think the letter at the end is from her. jmho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Thanks, FM.

Everyone talked about AshLee's "death stare" & how angry her expression seemed. I didn't see it that way at all.
    She was shocked, hurt, dissappointed, not angry. I think she was so determined not to let these emotions take over outwardly, & start crying & making a fool of herself, that she just put on an emotionless unflinching expression so as not to fall apart.

I know that expression. I've done it myself. I think of it as "never let them see how much it hurts you". If you don't give them any weapon, they can't use it against you. Not meaning Sean, but rather the show.

We've all read of what editing can do, but that they can only use what you give them. She was determined not to give them what they wanted. Thus the frozen expression.
    sclilred1 and jaytwo like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Everyone talked about AshLee's "death stare" & how angry her expression seemed. I didn't see it that way at all.
    She was shocked, hurt, dissappointed, not angry. I think she was so determined not to let these emotions take over outwardly, & start crying & making a fool of herself, that she just put on an emotionless unflinching expression so as not to fall apart.
    I know that expression. I've done it myself. I think of it as "never let them see how much it hurts you". If you don't give them any weapon, they can't use it against you. Not meaning Sean, but rather the show.

We've all read of what editing can do, but that they can only use what you give them. She was determined not to give them what they wanted. Thus the frozen expression.
    I was going to say something similiar, but you said it so well. I will just say ditto!!!

I realize Ashlee has problems with her past and she will most likely always have them. She can, however, learn to deal with them and have a happy life. I also agree that her mentioning this throughout the show had a lot to do with how tptb wanted it scripted. It had to have an effect on her. We most likely would have seen a different person, if this issue had not been made a focal point of the show and she could have discussed it with Sean during the overnight date, in private. In the long haul, I think she would have been good for Sean, as well.
    bamafan and sclilred1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy View Post
    I was going to say something similiar, but you said it so well. I will just say ditto!!!

I realize Ashlee has problems with her past and she will most likely always have them. She can, however, learn to deal with them and have a happy life. I also agree that her mentioning this throughout the show had a lot to do with how tptb wanted it scripted. It had to have an effect on her. We most likely would have seen a different person, if this issue had not been made a focal point of the show and she could have discussed it with Sean during the overnight date, in private. In the long haul, I think she would have been good for Sean, as well.
    I agree with most of what you said other than the last bolded. Editing and producers had much to do with how much she was presented and how much she brought up her abandonment issues, however, all the women in their exit interviews seemed to agree that she was much more serious than than the others. Sean described her as organized. All of them got to know the unedited AshLee. While these are not necessarily negative traits, for someone who wants to be able to laugh and have fun with a partner...Sean...this is not a good fit, no matter how nice she may be, and how well everything else matches up.
    Alexxxx and icreality like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I agree with most of what you said other than the last bolded. Editing and producers had much to do with how much she was presented and how much she brought up her abandonment issues, however, all the women in their exit interviews seemed to agree that she was much more serious than than the others. Sean described her as organized. All of them got to know the unedited AshLee. While these are not necessarily negative traits, for someone who wants to be able to laugh and have fun with a partner...Sean...this is not a good fit, no matter how nice she may be, and how well everything else matches up.
    You could be right about that, Midol. I just started reading what others thought a few days ago and have changed my mind on several things. I will admit, she was my favorite from the beginning, even with her hang ups. I did see a lot of chemistry between she & Sean. I realize now, I was in the minority, but I still feel that way.

As someone said in an earlier post, they fit on paper. The things they have in common gives them a bond the others do not share. I did not see many fun dates Ashlee went on with Sean, especially one on one. If someone put a blind fold on me and ask me to let go, I would sound worse then Ashlee. She always seemed to be tested on her issues. I think we all got a little tired of that aspect, but, I have a feeling there is a lot more to Ashley we did not see.
    bamafan and sclilred1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy View Post
    You could be right about that, Midol. I just started reading what others thought a few days ago and have changed my mind on several things. I will admit, she was my favorite from the beginning, even with her hang ups. I did see a lot of chemistry between she & Sean. I realize now, I was in the minority, but I still feel that way.

As someone said in an earlier post, they fit on paper. The things they have in common gives them a bond the others do not share. I did not see many fun dates Ashlee went on with Sean, especially one on one. If someone put a blind fold on me and ask me to let go, I would sound worse then Ashlee. She always seemed to be tested on her issues. I think we all got a little tired of that aspect, but, I have a feeling there is a lot more to Ashley we did not see.
    Oh, I have no doubt that there is much more to AshLee that we did not see...just as there was to Sean that we didn't see on Emily's season...and pretty much any other contestant ever on this show! I just want to clarify, the way you wrote it made it seem as if it was Sean's idea to put on the blindfold, when in fact it was AshLee's. She was trying to show him that she was letting go of her insecurities by putting her trust in him to lead her. Just another example of her trying to loosen up...in a very controlled manner.

I'm also with you in the fact that there was chemisty with AshLee from the beginning. I don't think she would have made it nearly as far if there hadn't been. Unfortunately, I think as he got to know some of the other women better, he began to be more attracted to them, while her intesity caused him to begin to lose that spark with her.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Closed Thread