Closed Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

Poor AshLee...it seemed like she never thought about what was going on with him & the other girls...and by not always keeping the possibility that he has a better connection with one of the others...made her not be able to see the warning signs...that he really was not that into her
    Pandora2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Sean told AshLee that their relationship had too much intensity. She was laying it on too thick. She chased him away.

A young woman often misses the signs that a guy isn't reciprocating but someone's AshLee's age should have caught on. He isn't allowed to say ILY but he is allowed to be affectionate. She wanted to see what she wanted to see, but it clearly wasn't there. Albeit, I'm sure he truly cared for her because otherwise he wouldn't have kept her as long as he did. This guy is one of the good guys.
    ICAM! That's very true, the bold parts, two of them as usual well said BB
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    That would be nice but I really think those days are over.
    I think they set Desiree up for the next one .That scene with her brother, total BS. She sees him Once( ONCE ) a year, same with her parents, and he knows her and what she likes? I doubt it

Before sending Ashlee home, Sean said last night, I thought sending Des home was bad enough- hmm. Maybe I am totally wrong, but a retread it will be
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 02-26-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by PipSqueek View Post
    I agree. I think she felt played a bit, and to just not give him the satisfaction of crying over it, and just looking at him stonefaced, basically said to him everything that needed to be said, but without words.

Having said that, I got the feeling that maybe Seans issue with her, was that their relationship was just TOO serious. I think theres a delicate balance one needs. You dont want someone who is all about having fun without having serious meaningful conversation at times. With Ashlee, I think he was waiting for the "goofy" not so serious side to come out, just so he could breath at times, which didnt appear, albeit, a very edited show. Additionally, I think Sean felt she lacked enough confidence in herself, to be strong alone. Maybe he felt that her strength would come all too much from what he provided to her. That scares a lot of guys. Regardless, I liked her more than the others.
    With regard to waiting for the fun side to emerge. He had talked to her about that and she tried...several times...to show that, but, unfortunately, her idea of a fun time was a planned fun. She never seemed spontaneous...ever. Everything had to be controlled and while I do understand why, that would be so hard to live with. When she did the blindfold and the yelling "I love Sean" on the beach several times, that all just felt so awkward. I wonder how many other men she dated felt overwhelmed by that intense need for control?
    BTW, NEPASue, mesachick and 3 others like this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

I am completely delighted for Sean that he finally sent AshLee packing. While I believe he does/did care for her... I think he FINALLY realized just how much work it would be for him to CONSTANTLY make her feel loved. Way too much work and pressure!!!!!!!

The best sort of relationships are the ones that take hardly an effort!!!!!! AshLee just didn't fit that category.

FORT Newbie

This is just one person's opinion...keep that in mind.

Something about AshLee just did not sit well with me. She seemed just a bit too controlling with everything. I understand the editing can manipulate people, but I feel they were giving her a sympathetic edit. She was entirely too focused on this portion of her past that was painful, and she allowed that to define her life (right up to the OCD personality and her own career of being a Personal Organizer). Starting with the hometown date, you could start to really see her intensity and also see Sean pulling away from her a bit. In a way, I think he was hoping she could move beyond that and he could start getting to know her. Unfortunately, her abandonment issues define her.

However, if she allows it, I think that being on The Bachelor and watching through the entire season could benefit her, in the long run. You do not often get that glimpse into your life, so it is very unique in that aspect. If she watches it and takes it all in, this could be a life-changer for her. It could end up being one of the most therapeutic things she could go through.

She does not need to be the next Bachelorette, though. She is not anywhere near being comfortable enough and accepting enough with herself to find a husband. That would be a trainwreck.
    BTW, ness, alizarules and 3 others like this.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I liked AshLee at first but, I agree, the poor thing needs some counseling...fast. Her exit was scary. I kept expecting to flash to her kitchen and see a rabbit boiling in a pot...Fatal Attraction.
    BTW and bee stung lips like this.

Pardon excuse the interruption, but --

Oh.My.Gosh, PipSqueek!!!
    I totally thought there was some bug flitting around the lower left-hand corner of my computer as I was reading this thread.
    Your avatar is HIGH-larious!

Thank you.
    You may now return to your regularly scheduled reading of posts about AshLee.
    Midol likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

FORT Newbie

I think there has to be a note of reality on this. AshLee was adopted at age 4. She did not have a long history of abuse and/or abandonment and I doubt if she remembers much, if anything, of actual details of her life back then. Since that time she has been in the arms of what appear to be truly loving, caring people and a Dad that adores her.

At 32, if AshLee is still this conflicted and fragile because of her "childhood" then she truly needs help - and I mean that in the most compassionate of ways.

Although I dont really think that is the case. We already got a glimpse of the AshLee we saw last night when she was rejected by Sean. We saw it quite clearly when she was confronting Tierra. She didn't have any problem whatsoever going on the attack when she felt threatened or minimalized by Tierra (and don't get me wrong, Tierra deserved it). But AshLee was no shrinking violet in that situation. Abused people with trust issues like AshLee is portraying rarely if ever go on the attack. They try instead to garner people's love and good will and are generally not combative.

I think that AshLee MILKED her "abandonment, inability to trust, inability to let-go" persona for all it was worth. I think it drew the sympathy card from Sean and kept her there far longer than she would have been kept without it.

Just wait until the WTA - I will not be surprised if we find a pulled-together, I'm cool, I'm over it AshLee.

I agree with most of what you've said Masquinya. I would never assume that I know what it's like to have gone through what AshLee did as a child, but I did have abandonment issues at one time from something that happened to me as a child, and a skilled shrink helped me get past that. There are strategies that can help the experience feel less raw and all-encompassing, and at 32, it's pretty much a choice whether you want to work on that or not. The memory may never entirely go away, but you can choose to embrace it and use it as a crutch or you can put it in perspective and focus on the evidence in your life that contradicts that belief.

I'm surprised it hasn't occurred to her (and that those close to her haven't clued her in) that it's a really bad idea to let yourself get into a serious relationship with that sort of baggage. And it's also not very smart to look toward someone else to make you "whole" -- whether you have issues or not.

Her reaction at the end last night was a huge surprise to me. Either she really was strong enough to hold it together (which reinforces your point) or she was more caught up in the fantasy than the real man and was able to separate herself from what was happening.

I always think it's kinda nuts when the women go to pieces in the limo after such a short time, but I don't honestly remember another woman who was SOOOO convinced they were in love and meant to me than AshLee, so I fully expected her to fall apart.
    Midol likes this.

Closed Thread