Closed Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 138
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: Sean's Blog

  1. #71
    FORT Fogey Midol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    My own private zoo
    Posts
    4,014

    Re: Sean's Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Really? None of them because I think Sean is the one who keeps things from getting too deep. When they do ... such as in the case of AshLee .. the woman is gone. I do like Catherine, ... but personally I think Linsday would be the better choice for him.
    But that's just it. Pretty much all the women in the exit interviews I have read say that they had serious discussions...they were just not shown. Sean has said the same thing. It doesn't seem fair to blame him for the editing which he has no control over. Producers and MF have all said that they will not show discussions of politics/religion because that may offend some viewers and it is not dramatic enough. So we get dumb/over the top declarations of love because they foster the storylines laid out.
    ilja likes this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

  2. #72
    All Summer-y Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    18,897

    Re: Sean's Blog

    Bachelor - Women Tell All: Sean Lowe Blogs About AshLee's 'Attack' : People.com

    The Bachelor's Sean Lowe Blogs About Women Tell All

    By Sean Lowe

    The Bachelor - Women Tell All: Sean Lowe Blogs About AshLee's 'Attack'


    I may be the only man in the history of The Bachelor who has been excited for the Women Tell All special. I had nothing but great memories of all the women, and I was genuinely happy to see them. I felt like I was always direct and honest when I sent them home, so I really had nothing to fear.

    Walking out and taking a seat in front of the women was such a surreal experience. Having 20-plus "exes" in the same room is a bit daunting, but I was happy to see them nonetheless.

    One thing you didn't get to see was my discussion with Chris Harrison about Sarah. I addressed Sarah first because I wanted to reassure her that she will find the right man when the time is right. It really made me sad watching the show and hearing her say that every guy says she's wonderful and pretty but then breaks her heart. I hate being added to that list. I was happy and relieved to see that Sarah was very positive, and it seemed as if she grew as a person through her experience on The Bachelor.

    Desiree


    I wasn't sure how my heart would react seeing Des for the first time since our tearful goodbye in Los Angeles. I doubted my decision the night I sent her home, and a part of me still thinks I should have taken her to Thailand. I was so happy she greeted me with a warm smile and told me it was good to see me. Although it didn't work out with us, she'll always have a place in my heart because she is such a lovable person. I know Des has moved on, and I'm hoping she gets a second chance at love – maybe on the next season of The Bachelorette? She would definitely get my vote.

    AshLee

    Now comes the part I didn't expect. I knew AshLee was an emotional person, so I didn't really expect her to be all smiles like Des was, but I definitely didn't expect what I got. After Chris invited AshLee to the couch, she began to tell me that she always viewed me as a southern gentleman and how she was very disappointed that I didn't come check on her after sending her home.

    This totally caught me off guard. I wanted to be as nice as possible, but I also wanted to tell her that once you don't receive a rose, you know you only get a brief moment to talk it over before going home. She wasted that moment by not saying a word. That's why Chris Harrison says, "Take a moment and say your goodbyes." I don't want to sound unsympathetic, but that's how the show works.

    I've been there too. And I sat on the bench with Emily Maynard looking for answers before I drove off. The decision to send AshLee home was a difficult one, but I knew the other two women were better suited for me and that's where my focus needed to be. Also, had I checked on AshLee, I feel that would have only delayed her healing process by sending her mixed signals.

    Next comes the accusation that I did not see coming. AshLee proceeded to tell me that during the course of our overnight date, I told her that I didn't have feelings for the other two women.

    Let me set the record straight – I never said that. I would never say that. It just doesn't make sense. Of course I had feelings for the other two women. That's been apparent for weeks! And not only did I have feelings for them, I was falling in love with them. I even had feelings for women like Des and Leslie, who weren't even there anymore. In that moment on WTA, I felt like it was an attack on my character, so I began to get defensive. I was so stunned by the accusation that I was speechless.

    'I Am Sorry If ...'

    To this day, I don't know what I may have said that would have given AshLee the impression she got, but I am sorry if I said anything at all that misled her because that was truly not my intention. I am also sorry that she's still harboring these feelings of resentment. I wish nothing but the best for AshLee, and I hope she finds a great love one day.

    So Women Tell All ended up not being as great of a reunion as I was hoping it would be, but I was still glad I had the chance to see all those exceptional women one more time. My only regret was not having the chance to address Leslie during the show. I felt like our relationship was so great for so many reasons, and I wanted her to know how wonderful I think she is.

    Wow. I can't believe it's almost over. The finale is just one week away!

    As always, thanks for watching!
    Sean
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  3. #73
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,576

    Re: Sean's Blog

    I too wish they had let Leslie talk last night. She should really be the next Bachelorette. I often wonder how they really determine fan favorites. As much as I liked Sarah, I can not imagine her as a Bachelorette. She simply would be too boring.

    I don't blame Sean for being upset about what happened with Ashlee. That's not to say that I don't have mixed feelings about it. Still she came out of it looking like a bitter betty.
    NFL1, Photobabe, Midol and 1 others like this.

  4. #74
    FORT Fogey Midol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    My own private zoo
    Posts
    4,014

    Re: Sean's Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I too wish they had let Leslie talk last night. She should really be the next Bachelorette. I often wonder how they really determine fan favorites. As much as I liked Sarah, I can not imagine her as a Bachelorette. She simply would be too boring.

    I don't blame Sean for being upset about what happened with Ashlee. That's not to say that I don't have mixed feelings about it. Still she came out of it looking like a bitter betty.
    I'm with you about Lesley as the next Bette, but, my understanding is that she is seeing someone. As to how they determine the next lead, I think it is a combination of things...how well the audience responds to them (there are producers trolling the boards like this one to gage reactions), how good their back story is, how they work with producers, how much they can be manipulated and naturally, if they are still available and are willing to hand their life over to the producers.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

  5. #75
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,604

    Re: Sean's Blog

    I cannot imagine what Sean had to say to reassure Ashlee all night ( or however long they are there) when they were alone. I can imagine she could twist whatever he said, as she seems to be able to do with anyone.I didn't see this side to her in the weeks leading up to this, it wasn't pretty
    fireflyer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #76
    Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    From Here to Eternity
    Posts
    1,149

    Re: Sean's Blog

    Sean has this image of himself, and it's very important to him to preserve it. But what he doesn't understand is that when you're dating 26 women, there are going to be at least 25 unhappy people in the near future (maybe 26 when they watch the show). The reason the Bachelor is 0-for-16 (I don't count Molly because she was sent home) is because relationships don't work this way.

    The only way it can work is with someone like AshLee (not that she would have been a great choice for him) because she can build an image in her mind and run with it. To her, this show was a romantic journey. She bought in.

    I don't know who to believe on what was said behind the closed doors. As Desiree's brother said, the nature of the show is that you're a Playboy and enjoying all this attention. Did Sean get carried away and make promises to AshLee in order to "seal the deal?" Only two people know for certain. And editing makes it impossible for a viewer to have anything but an unfounded opinion.

    AshLee did eliminate herself from Bachelorette consideration, though, with her performance. It seems like we're being tested with the idea it will be Desiree. She's quite pretty and agreeable. The problem, then, is the family. The way they portrayed the brother was that he was a nutball who liked Sean at first, then went to town on him. Desiree tried to soften it with a carefully designed speech, aimed at being the Bachelorette. Sean played his part by not contradicting her. Did it work? I don't know, but I don't see an alternative other than Lindsay (and I don't know if she's free to be the Bachelorette).
    Passing over to the Dark Side

  7. #77
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Sean's Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I cannot imagine what Sean had to say to reassure Ashlee all night ( or however long they are there) when they were alone. I can imagine she could twist whatever he said, as she seems to be able to do with anyone.I didn't see this side to her in the weeks leading up to this, it wasn't pretty
    He flat out called her a liar by saying he didn't say it. There are bunch of different ways he could have responded but the way he did really stunk.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  8. #78
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,604

    Re: Sean's Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    He flat out called her a liar by saying he didn't say it. There are bunch of different ways he could have responded but the way he did really stunk.
    I actually think she is easily mislead, and as for him lying, he has to live with that. How many ways can you say - I didn't say that. She said one thing, then she changed it. Seems to me she couldn't remember what was said.He obviously loves one of two girls, so why would he say that to her? nah..She is/was vying for the bachelorette spot

    Ashlee doesn't do subtle, so telling her something subtly would be a great waste of time
    Alexxxx, ilja and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #79
    FORT Regular Need40winks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    105

    Re: Sean's Blog

    I would imagine he said something to the effect of "nothing is going on between me and the other two..In the fantasy suite"
    AZChristian likes this.

  10. #80
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Sean's Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    He flat out called her a liar by saying he didn't say it. There are bunch of different ways he could have responded but the way he did really stunk.
    But what do you say to somebody who says you said something you didn't? I hope that doesn't sound like I'm attacking you, because I really don't mean it like that at all. I'm not good at responding when I'm accused of something untrue. Depending on how it's delivered, I'm sometimes so stunned I can't think of a thing to say. Sean seemed to be caught off guard, and if he didn't say anything like what she says he did, then I'm not sure what else he could have done.

    Of course I don't know who is right - my guess is she misinterpreted something he said. She probably believes 100% that he said what she says he did. But what an awkward position she put him in, assuming she did misunderstand what he said. It seemed unbelievable to me that he would lie to her about the other girls. Maybe AshLee asked about them, and he said not to worry about them. He may have meant that he didn't want her to spend time thinking about the other girls, but rather to concentrate on the relationship they had. AshLee's interpretation may have been that she didn't need to worry about them because there was nothing to worry about. People have misunderstandings all the time.
    nanarama, KatesMom, Midol and 1 others like this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.