Closed Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: Sean's Blog

Re: Sean's Blog

I was surprised to hear him mention his sense of humor, I didn't notice he had one. Catherine seemed to be the one with the humor and he seemed to go with the flow. That seems to be what he feels is lacking in his life. Unforunately, there's a lot more to life then entertaining each other. I feel Sean is very naive about relationships and hears only what he wants to hear. A couple of women tried to warn Sean about "the trouble maker" in the beginning. Because he was so taken with her, he ignored what he was being told. The next rose ceremony, they would not receive a rose. He finally ask Ashlee about the situation in the house, she explaned it to him and he finally seemed to understand. He said something to the effect he was listening with his body & not his mind. I think he did that through out the show.

Why would Catherine tell him she had dreams of going to New York knowing he planned to stay in Dallas, it would have been an immediate deal breaker. Her mood swings, the sisters said they were either high or low, it didn't sound like there was ever a balance in between. Her leaving a relationship when she wasn't having fun all the time. Her sisters even tried to talk her out of getting involved as they felt both Catherine and Sean would end up getting hurt. Her mother was nice, but she definitely did not encourage the relationship, she even told Sean she didn't think Catherine was ready for marriage, when Sean ask her directly. What more could her family say or do?

The decision has been made, regardless of who Sean chooses and what he was listening with, I hope it works. I still feel sending Ashlee home was probally one of the biggest mistakes he will ever make.
    Last edited by rileymeboy; 03-01-2013 at 01:06 AM.
    bachelorwatcher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy View Post
    I was surprised to hear him mention his sense of humor, I didn't notice he had one. Catherine seemed to be the one with the humor and he seemed to go with the flow. That seems to be what he feels is lacking in his life. Unforunately, there's a lot more to life then entertaining each other. I feel Sean is very naive about relationships and hears only what he wants to hear. A couple of women tried to warn Sean about "the trouble maker" in the beginning. Because he was so taken with her, he ignored what he was being told. The next rose ceremony, they would not receive a rose. He finally ask Ashlee about the situation in the house, she explaned it to him and he finally seemed to understand. He said something to the effect he was listening with his body & not his mind. I think he did that through out the show.

Why would Catherine tell him she had dreams of going to New York knowing he planned to stay in Dallas, it would have been an immediate deal breaker. Her mood swings, the sisters said they were either high or low, it didn't sound like there was ever a balance in between. Her leaving a relationship when she wasn't having fun all the time. Her sisters even tried to talk her out of getting involved as they felt both Catherine and Sean would end up getting hurt. Her mother was nice, but she definitely did not encourage the relationship, she even told Sean she didn't think Catherine was ready for marriage, when Sean ask her directly. What more could her family say or do?

The decision has been made, regardless of who Sean chooses and what he was listening with, I hope it works. I still feel sending Ashlee home was probally one of the biggest mistakes he will ever make.
    Sean actually has a very good, self depricating sense of humour. If you read his tweets you would understand.

As for the family visits, like everything else on this show, they are highly edited. Des's brother even admitted on his Facebook (later deleted), that his attack on Sean was suggested by producers...after their first talk went well. I don't doubt that the same happened with Catherine's family.

I don't think Sean regrets sending AshLee home or sees it as a mistake. He says he is very happy and I have no reason to doubt him...not to mention, we haven't even seen how the show ends. While a relationship is about more than entertaining each other, it does require a balance between the serious and the lighthearted. Nothing about his relationship with AshLee was lighthearted. While I am sure she is a lovely woman, she seemed to be overwhelming him with her need for control and her intensity. He was clearly uncomfortable with that, so I highly doubt she was the woman for him. Hopefully she will find someone who admires and is looking for those characteristics, while Sean finds the woman he said he wanted all along...someone smart, sweet and funny.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Sean actually has a very good, self depricating sense of humour. If you read his tweets you would understand.

As for the family visits, like everything else on this show, they are highly edited. Des's brother even admitted on his Facebook (later deleted), that his attack on Sean was suggested by producers...after their first talk went well. I don't doubt that the same happened with Catherine's family.

I don't think Sean regrets sending AshLee home or sees it as a mistake. He says he is very happy and I have no reason to doubt him...not to mention, we haven't even seen how the show ends. While a relationship is about more than entertaining each other, it does require a balance between the serious and the lighthearted. Nothing about his relationship with AshLee was lighthearted. While I am sure she is a lovely woman, she seemed to be overwhelming him with her need for control and her intensity. He was clearly uncomfortable with that, so I highly doubt she was the woman for him. Hopefully she will find someone who admires and is looking for those characteristics, while Sean finds the woman he said he wanted all along...someone smart, sweet and funny.
    I am glad to hear that Sean has a good sense of humor, I was judging by what I saw on the show only. I look forward to going to twitter and reading his tweets.

I do recall reading where Des's brother posted on his facebook that the producers directed him to confront Sean. A short time later this post was removed.

I don't think Catherine's family would be as easily influenced to say anything they did not want to say. She told Sean prior to their visit, that her mother ruled the family with an iron hand. (Not exact words) Catherine was not sure of the reception Sean would receive from her family. I find it hard to believe the producers would have even tried to force or trick them into saying something they did not want to say. They would have been shown the front door. That is why, I said what I did in my earlier post. I think what we saw was fairly close to the truth. I agree, that definitly is not always the case.

I also agree with you, at this time, Sean is very happy with his choice & with no regrets. I was referring to the long haul, when they seattle into the day to day lifestyle. Based simply with what he was told by her family, he could be in for heartbreak. From all I have heard, his experiance with falling in love with Emily was very hard on he & his family. I think that may be why his mother is so concerned about it happening to him again.
    Last edited by rileymeboy; 03-01-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy View Post
    I am glad to hear that Sean has a good sense of humor, I was judging by what I saw on the show only. I look forward to going to twitter and reading his tweets.

I do recall reading where Des's brother posted on his facebook that the producers directed him to confront Sean. A short time later this post was removed.

I don't think Catherine's family would be as easily influenced to say anything they did not want to say. She told Sean prior to their visit, that her mother ruled the family with an iron hand. (Not exact words) Catherine was not sure of the reception Sean would receive from her family. I find it hard to believe the producers would have even tried to force or trick them into saying something they did not want to say. They would have been shown the front door. That is why, I said what I did in my earlier post. I think what we saw was fairly close to the truth. I agree, that definitly is not always the case.

I also agree with you, at this time, Sean is very happy with his choice & with no regrets. I was referring to the long haul, when they seattle into the day to day lifestyle. Based simply with what he was told by her family, he could be in for heartbreak. From all I have heard, his experiance with falling in love with Emily was very hard on he & his family. I think that may be why his mother is so concerned about it happening to him again.
    I don't think his experience with Emily was all that traumatic to him or his family...since he got over it rather quickly once he was out of the Bachelor bubble and he signed up to do this show shortly after. In the words of Brad Womack...dodged a bullet there!
    JunkieGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He is so into Catherine, he is a different guy around her .
    His times with Catherine seem to be remarkably shallow. Maybe that's it. She's low maintenance.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    His times with Catherine seem to be remarkably shallow. Maybe that's it. She's low maintenance.
    Sean's times with everyone are shown to be remarkaably shallow. Every lead ever on this show has always been shown as having shallow relationships. That is normal for this show. The in depth conversations are left on the cutting room floor because we (the audience,) apparently can't handle substance.
    NCLurker, Alexxxx and ilja like this.

Sean's times with everyone are shown to be remarkaably shallow. Every lead ever on this show has always been shown as having shallow relationships. That is normal for this show. The in depth conversations are left on the cutting room floor because we (the audience,) apparently can't handle substance.
    No ... I mean really shallow
    rileymeboy likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

I loved the conversation they has last week on the boat. One of the few times during this show I didn't roll my eyes- that's been awhile and good many shows
    ilja and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Different strokes for different folks. I thought Sean had the most meaningful conversations with Catherine this season. Who did you think?

Different strokes for different folks. I thought Sean had the most meaningful conversations with Catherine this season. Who did you think?
    Really? None of them because I think Sean is the one who keeps things from getting too deep. When they do ... such as in the case of AshLee .. the woman is gone. I do like Catherine, ... but personally I think Linsday would be the better choice for him.
    rileymeboy likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Closed Thread