Closed Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: Sean's Blog

Re: Sean's Blog

Funny how the part about Catherine wanting to pursure a career in NY and the scenes with Lindsay's brother got left on the cutting room floor.

Interesting how he says he never wanted to say good night to Catherine. She's the only one who gets such a comment. And he talks more about her and their relationship whereas with the others he comments more on their families.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    Interesting how he says he never wanted to say good night to Catherine. She's the only one who gets such a comment. And he talks more about her and their relationship whereas with the others he comments more on their families.
    There is a lot we are not seeing! especially between these two

Funny how the part about Catherine wanting to pursue a career in NY and the scenes with Lindsay's brother got left on the cutting room floor.
    Typical for this show I was out this morning for coffee, and most of us thought the dumb brother was fed those lines, and yet we couldn't see Lindsay's brother Marcus, I would liked that! she had mentioned how close they all are. I like Catherine and I like Lindsay, but because they have chosen to show the silliest part of this show, I don't know one better than the other However, I do think Sean has.jmho of course
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

I'm concerned that this is more about Sean's ego than Sean's search for a wife.

He needs a lot of stroking, this one.

He seemed to like Lesley, but, in fact, he couldn't even spell her name. She went home not because he wasn't attracted, not because she wasn't fun or intelligent, but because she didn't voice the VERY SAME feelings he is not contractually allowed to voice.

He seems to lack empathy.

As for the infamous Nathan, what did he say that was so offensive? Um, dude, you're dating 26 women and taking home-town dates with four of them. How is this not being a Playboy? You realize the onus of being fawned over by 26 women on national television is that you have to prove yourself to these families.

And then he gives that creepy "none of your business" answer to the question about the overnight dates that Harrison seemed to endorse, but completely supports Nathan's contentions.

Sean is not a gentleman, and Nathan, while clumsy and sporting a ridiculous wrist tattoo, was being a caring brother.
    dzigner and CrazyDutchWoman like this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Bachelor: Sean Lowe Blogs About Sending AshLee Home : People.com

The Bachelor's Sean Lowe Blogs About Sending AshLee Home

By Sean Lowe

I knew my week in Thailand would be difficult. This was the week on The Bachelorette that Emily Maynard sent me home in Curacao, so it conjured up feelings of heartbreak. I also knew as The Bachelor I would have to do the same thing to one of the final three women, whom I cared for deeply. And I felt the stress of caring for each woman equally.

I had hoped that I would have a clear favorite by that point, but that wasn't the case. The final three all had a piece of my heart and it was up to me to figure out who was best suited for me.

I couldn't wait to see Lindsay. It felt like it had been weeks since we spent time together in her hometown. We always had such a fun time together, so I knew she would be the perfect person to explore with in Thailand. Going to the market with Lindsay was such an incredible experience. She was willing to try everything, including fried bugs and chicken feet.

After we had our fill of food, we ventured to the beach, which was home to a ton of monkeys. This was one of the coolest experiences of my life and I was so happy to be sharing the moment with someone I cared for so much. As Lindsay and I were kissing in the ocean, I remember thinking about how happy she made me and what a comforting feeling it was. We ended our day with dinner and a performance by traditional Thai dancers. Everything about my time with Lindsay felt right and I knew I was starting to fall in love with her. Hearing her tell me she loved me solidified what I saw in her eyes every time she looked at me.

Life with AshLee?

I was excited for my date with AshLee for so many reasons. It had been almost ten days since seeing her in Houston and I missed her. AshLee was a frontrunner from the very first night. She seemed to have everything that I was looking for – and I think she was the best for me on paper. However, I was definitely aware that I didn't seem to laugh as much with AshLee as I did with Lindsay and Catherine. AshLee was always very intense and I had to decide if I could be with someone who didn't share my sense of humor.

Our date was incredible, though. Swimming through the cave and finding the beach was one of the coolest things I've ever done. As AshLee and I talked on the beach I kept asking myself if I could marry her, and the answer always seemed to be yes.

I started to convince myself that I could overlook the lack of laughter because her other qualities were so wonderful. We finished the date with dinner by the ocean and I thought it was so great that AshLee voiced her concerns about the overnight date. I think she was really relieved to know that I shared her same outlook. We spent the rest of the evening talking about the future. Once again, I could envision my life with AshLee.

After sending Des home, I wondered if I would wake up and realize that I had made a mistake. Fortunately, that was not the case. Instead, I woke up and realized that I couldn't get enough of Catherine. I was always so happy around her and I think despite our different lifestyles, we were actually a really good fit together. Her sense of humor, her adventurous nature and her intellect kept me wanting more. Our snorkeling date was fun but my favorite part came later. That storm swept in so quickly, and we rushed back to the boat for cover but the moment seemed too romantic not to share a kiss in the rain. I knew I was falling in love with Catherine. That realization led me to the next one ... I had to send AshLee home.

Agonizing Decision

I've said from the very beginning that I was looking for my best friend. Being with Lindsay and Catherine seemed like they could be that. I didn't have the same feeling when I was with AshLee. Of course, she brought me joy and I could picture her being my loving wife and a fantastic mother to our children, but I knew I needed more. I want to create a home full of laughter and I need to share my life with someone who is adventurous. And as much as I wanted that person to be AshLee, I knew that it wasn't.

Watching AshLee's video blog was agonizing because I knew that she had given her whole heart to me and I was about to break it. I absolutely dreaded the rose ceremony. I did not want to blindside AshLee the way Emily blindsided me. After taking a deep breath and handing the last rose to Catherine, I was really upset to see AshLee's reaction. Not because it made it more difficult for me, but because I knew she wouldn't have closure if she didn't allow me the chance to explain myself. All I wanted to do was console her and give her closure and talk it out. But I could tell that she wanted to leave my side as quickly as she could. Who was I to try and stop her? It was agonizing.

It was an emotional rollercoaster to experience such a low and then to walk back and look into the eyes of two women I loved. I remember thinking, I only have one more week to figure out who is the better fit for me – and that I was going to needevery second of that time.

Thanks for watching,
    Sean
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I knew I was starting to fall in love with her (Lindsay).

I knew I was falling in love with Catherine.

But then he writes..
    .It was an emotional rollercoaster to experience such a low and then to walk back and look into the eyes of two women I loved. I remember thinking, I only have one more week to figure out who is the better fit for me and that I was going to needevery second of that time.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

He is so into Catherine, he is a different guy around her .
    umngirl and Midol like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I hate the "I love two people" shtick. Yes, he may love them both as people, but he's only in love with one of them. I think it's pretty obvious who that is, but I've been wrong before. If I am, maybe I can pray she is the next lead because she is awesome.
    Photobabe and Midol like this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I'll never forget how Meredith couldn't wait for Ian to be the only guy left, but TPTB wanted her to pretend she was having a difficult time trying to decide between him and Matt. Ever since then, I've wondered when the lead knew who they wanted. When Sean was talking to CH before the RC last night, it sounded like he had already fallen in love with one person. But the previews make it look like he's still trying to decide next week. Is that acting and editing, to the point of making his poor mother cry because she's afraid he'll resort to flipping a coin?
    nanarama, ilja and Midol like this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I'll never forget how Meredith couldn't wait for Ian to be the only guy left, but TPTB wanted her to pretend she was having a difficult time trying to decide between him and Matt. Ever since then, I've wondered when the lead knew who they wanted. When Sean was talking to CH before the RC last night, it sounded like he had already fallen in love with one person. But the previews make it look like he's still trying to decide next week. Is that acting and editing, to the point of making his poor mother cry because she's afraid he'll resort to flipping a coin?

I think you can have feelings for two people. I think one is stronger than the other, but its not impossible.
    His mother- like any mother worries about him. A mother never stops worrying.

I liked what his father said to Catherine. I missed what they said to Lindsey
    Midol likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread