Closed Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: Sean's Blog

Re: Sean's Blog

You know...Sean's personal decisions should actually be discussed in his personal thread, not his blog thread.

Let's bring this thread BACK ON TOPIC, please.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The Bachelor: Sean Lowe Blogs About Sending Tierra Home : People.com

The Bachelor's Sean Lowe Blogs About His Dates in St. Croix

By Sean Lowe

Sean Lowe is the star of season 17 of The Bachelor, which airs Mondays on ABC. The hunky Dallas businessman and entrepreneur is blogging about his romantic journey for PEOPLE.com.

I'd developed really strong feelings for the final six women on The Bachelor – and I could hardly wait to take them to St. Croix. Our previous week in Canada was great! My heart and head were back on track, and I felt as though the women put their focus back on me. And because of that, each of my relationships grew stronger.

But it was time to leave the cold weather behind and move on to some sandy beaches. This was a huge week for all of us because I would have to decide whose family I was ready to meet.

I had three one-on-one dates and one group date in St. Croix. I decided to give the one-on-one dates to women I had questions for – and the group date went to the women whose hometowns I was ready to visit.

My first date was with AshLee, who was a front-runner in my mind since we visited the theme park back in Los Angeles. She is sweet, loving and compassionate, and I knew she truly wanted to give her heart over to me. But I was still left with doubts about our relationship because I didn't seem to have as much fun with her as I did with the other women.

Given her traumatic childhood, it's understandable why AshLee has control issues. But I think that was preventing her from really letting go and allowing herself to have fun. I really want a partner that I can laugh uncontrollably with and someone who can make even mundane tasks feel exciting. I hoped AshLee had that quality in her, or that I brought it out in her, and I was ready to find out.

After taking the catamaran to the island, AshLee decided to take one for the team and tell me everything I needed to know about Tierra. Until that point, I had only heard the women say they didn't like Tierra, but they never gave specific reasons. It was actually a huge relief to hear all that AshLee had to say. It took a lot of courage for her to bring it up.

That evening, we ended our date with an oceanside dinner where she screamed her love for me while standing on a chair. For the first time, I felt like AshLee was finally letting go and stepping out of her comfort zone for me. I left that date thinking once again that AshLee might be the woman for me.

Connecting with Tierra

Next was my long-awaited date with Tierra. I had a lot of fun with her that day walking around the streets of St. Croix, but I couldn't shake what AshLee had told me. That night, as we had a romantic dinner in an old sugar mill, I tried to really figure out what my feelings were for Tierra, and if I could see a future for us.

I was nervous that if I ended up with Tierra, drama would follow her into our everyday lives. But when she told me she was falling in love with me, I softened a bit. She was always kind when she was with me, and I wanted to believe that the drama was circumstantial and that once she wasn't around a bunch of girls dating the same guy, she would be drama-free. I still ended the evening with questions, but remembering that my connection with Tierra was strong.

Group Date

The following day was the group date with Des, Lindsay and Catherine. I didn't have a lot of questions for these three women. They all have one thing in common: I always have fun with them. Since the beginning I've said that I want to marry my best friend, and they definitely fit that criterion.

We spent the day traveling and touring the island in a Jeep. At the end of the day, I really didn't know who I would give the rose to because they were all so deserving. But I decided to give it to Lindsay because she was so supportive, patient and encouraging throughout this entire journey.

My last date of the week was with Lesley. She was another person who fit the best-friend criteria, but I needed to see more from her. Lesley had a wall up and I always felt like she couldn't be completely vulnerable with me.

Our date was fun, but I needed more than fun. I desperately wanted to see her open up emotionally and allow me to see her true feelings, but that never happened. I was shocked to hear her say on TV that she loved me, and I was left confused as to why she didn't tell me that during our date. Had she told me, it could have changed everything.
    Sisterly Advice

I flew my sister, Shay, to St. Croix for her birthday. She loves the show (she signed me up for The Bachelorette!), and I thought it would be a cool present for her. She is also a great judge of character and she knows me better than anyone else.

My sister's advice before I left Dallas for L.A. was to avoid the girl whom drama surrounded. After hearing everything that AshLee had to say about Tierra, I thought it would be a good idea to have my sister sit down and visit with Tierra so I could get her opinion.

I had no idea what I was walking into upon entering the women's suite. I was not aware of the big blowout AshLee and Tierra just had. I found Tierra crying on her bed with her head in her hands. I had already figured by this point that Tierra was not the woman I was going to marry, so when I saw how distraught she was, I knew I had to end it right then and there.

I still believe Tierra has more good in her than people see, but I also recognize that she doesn't have the maturity or social skills necessary to make it on The Bachelor.

When it came time to send someone home at the rose ceremony, I felt confident in my decision. As much as I enjoyed spending time with Lesley, I knew I had to send her home because she never allowed herself to open up emotionally.

I was sad to see Lesley leave, but I felt so confident in my final four. Knowing hometown dates were right around the corner, I was incredibly excited. I loved bringing Emily home to meet my family, and it changed everything for me, so I had really high hopes for the coming week. On to hometowns!

Thanks for watching!
    Sean
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

"I still believe Tierra has more good in her than people see, but I also recognize that she doesn't have the maturity or social skills necessary to make it on The Bachelor."

Then God help her if she's on Bachelor Pad.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Had she told me, it could have changed everything.
    I find this troubling. At this point, he's maybe had a few hours alone with her over the course of a few weeks. If you feel you "love" someone after that amount of time - especially when that person is dating several of your friends as well - you're basically just a chump. I applaud Lesley for realizing the moment wasn't right.

If you're the bachelor and you want to take this ridiculous set-up seriously, you can't be an egomaniac and wait for women to declare their everlasting love. That's a good way to limit yourself to the immature drama children. You have to take charge and choose someone and hope it's for the right reasons.

These drama clowns (like Sean) seem to latch on to this concept of "opening up" like it's some game. Women are not tulips facing the first warm morning suns of April.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

As I read this, nowhere do I see Sean's hand in it.I just don't
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    I find this troubling. At this point, he's maybe had a few hours alone with her over the course of a few weeks. If you feel you "love" someone after that amount of time - especially when that person is dating several of your friends as well - you're basically just a chump. I applaud Lesley for realizing the moment wasn't right.

If you're the bachelor and you want to take this ridiculous set-up seriously, you can't be an egomaniac and wait for women to declare their everlasting love. That's a good way to limit yourself to the immature drama children. You have to take charge and choose someone and hope it's for the right reasons.

These drama clowns (like Sean) seem to latch on to this concept of "opening up" like it's some game. Women are not tulips facing the first warm morning suns of April.
    I think it is just the nature of the beast. The Bettes also encourage their gentlemen to open up. It's just an expected part of the journey. People who don't want to do this, don't go on this show.
    ilja and Photobabe like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I think it is just the nature of the beast. The Bettes also encourage their gentlemen to open up. It's just an expected part of the journey. People who don't want to do this, don't go on this show.
    And those that don't go on the show are the smart ones. Thank goodness we have all these fame junkies that seek the spotlight no matter how undignified it may paint them, just for our entertainment lol. Go Sean!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Good post. I agree totally agree!

This bugs me every season. The focus and pressure to open up and be vulnerable is nuts under the time constraint and conditions. It takes more time in real life for cryin out loud.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

My problem with it is that if Sean wasn't sufficiently "in love" with Lesley to keep her just because she didn't profess her undying love for him at this point (which clearly he wasn't doing either & as said above wasn't feeling) then it was good she left now.
    If she had stated her love & he had kept her just to dump her at F3 or F2, that would have been a lot worse. And if he wasn't feeling in now, then that's exactly what would have happened.

The leading people on & expecting them to fall in love in profess their love, when the Bachelor knows they aren't "the one", bothers me. It just seems mean.
    I know that's the nature & expectations of the show, & the contestants all know that going in, but it still bothers me.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Bachelor: Sean Lowe Blogs About Hometown Dates : People.com

By Sean Lowe

Bachelor: Sean Lowe Blogs About Hometown Dates

I was eager to start my week of hometown dates on The Bachelor. As hard as it was to say goodbye to Leslie at the rose ceremony in St. Croix, I was very confident that the remaining four women were the best for me.

I started my week in Houston with AshLee and her parents. She had been a frontrunner from the beginning because she was the type of woman I was looking for: loving, compassionate, sweet and nurturing. My only reservations were about AshLee's intensity and her inability to let loose and have fun.

After meeting her parents, I could see where her big heart comes from. Her mom and dad were both so kind and loving and I could tell they genuinely wanted their daughter to be happy. It was easy to imagine myself being part of her family. Despite not being as fun and carefree as the other women, AshLee's big heart and desire to love made me overlook it.

Catherine

I never wanted to say goodnight to Catherine. We always had a good time together and being around her was so easy and natural. I was thrilled to see her in at home in Seattle. We had so much fun walking through Pike's Place Market and I loved seeing her favorite spots. But meeting Catherine's family was pretty intimidating! They seemed skeptical about me and I'm not sure they believed that this could work. Her sisters also told me that Catherine had a strong desire to pursue a career in New York and that she may not be ready to settle down. I found it strange that they were telling me this, yet Catherine had never mentioned it. I'm all for supporting her dreams, but I wished she'd shared those dreams with me. I left Seattle knowing that I had a desire to be with Catherine, but just wasn't sure if our lives aligned.

Lindsay

Meeting Lindsay's family was something I had been thinking about for quite some time. Her father is a two-star general, but I was more eager to meet her mom. Lindsay has such strength and had been so supportive – and I knew she got that from her mom. Both parents were great. He was not the intimidating figure I imagined, and her mother was so warm and welcoming. My favorite member of Lindsay's family may have been her brother Marcus. He was the sweetest kid I've ever met and he made it clear he wanted me to be a part of their family. I was amazed at how well I fit in. They were so similar to my family and I felt so comfortable in their home. The girl in the wedding dress was now a clear frontrunner who had stolen my heart.

Desiree

Every time Desiree spoke of her family, she would get very emotional. It was easy to see how much she loved them and how badly she wanted what her parents have. The whole "boyfriend" coming to the house totally fooled me. In hindsight I should have seen it coming, but I totally bought it. At one moment I was almost positive I was going to have to throw the guy out or I was going to have to throw myself out because maybe Des wanted to be with him instead of me. I was relieved and pretty embarrassed to find out it was all a joke. Des definitely got me back for punking her on the art gallery date.

I finally got to meet her family and I absolutely fell in love with her mom and dad. They were possibly the sweetest people I had ever met and they were so accepting of me and my relationship with Des. Her brother was a different story though. I'm still confused as to what led her brother to call me a playboy and a fake. He decided to attack my character and integrity and I honestly don't know what provoked him. Regardless, he doesn't know me and he sure as hell can't speak to my integrity. As badly as I wanted to go off on him, I had to hold back because I didn't want to cause a huge scene and embarrass Des and her parents. Her brother didn't affect the way I looked at Des, but it did make me wonder if I could be in the same family as her brother.

'Excruciating' Rose Ceremony

I walked into the rose ceremony not knowing who was going home. I felt confident in giving a rose to AshLee and Lindsay, but I had questions about Des and Catherine. In the end, I gave the rose to Catherine over Des because I couldn't picture saying goodbye to Catherine yet. But saying goodbye to Des was awful. She was telling me I was a making a mistake and I was starting to believe her. I wasn't ready to see her go, but I knew if I kept her I'd have to send someone else home in her place and I wasn't prepared to do that. It was an excruciating, confusing and emotional night, and I was just praying that I wouldn't regret my decision.

As always, thanks for watching!
    Sean

Closed Thread