Closed Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: Sean's Blog

Re: Sean's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    He flat out called her a liar by saying he didn't say it. There are bunch of different ways he could have responded but the way he did really stunk.
    There were several times during the show, I thought, how can this guy be so gullible. It seemed as though everything was totally scripted and he simply went along with it. I think he is the only Bachelor that I felt followed the producer with out any challeanage at all. I think, Sean is good "eye candy" but this show felt like it was probally the longest I have ever watched..each show was mostly Sean kissing & saying basically the same thing to each girl. The interesting part was the places they visited.
    bachelorwatcher and mesachick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I actually disagree with this. Her goal was to embarrass and humiliate him on national TV. At that point, he doesn't owe her anything. He was trying to protect and defend himself. And if he had tried to be nice or smooth things over, we'd all be saying that he was guilty. I get that there are still some who think he was lying and she was telling the truth. I am not one of those people. Based on that, I think he handled it completely appropriately.
    He sure did. I am not sure anyone else that has been on this show has had any questions like this thrown at them. They have said a lot after the show- on it. hmm not so much.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I actually disagree with this. Her goal was to embarass and humiliate him on national TV. At that point, he doesn't owe her anything. He was trying to protect and defend himself. And if he had tried to be nice or smooth things over, we'd all be saying that he was guilty. I get that there are still some who think he was lying and she was telling the truth. I am not one of those people. Based on that, I think he handled it completely appropriately.
    Amen.
    judkay likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Wow! AshLee is really acting like a woman scorned. Sad.

Did I hear her say something like "...after what I gave you..." when describing things that happened in the fantasy suite?? (I didn't dvr the show so I can't check what I thought I heard.) Anyway, IF they had sex AND she thought she heard him say something about the other two women meaning nothing to him I totally understand why she could be so angry. Many other women in her place could feel the same. However, she was a contestant on The Bachelor and she should have expected these kind of things to happen to all involved except the chosen one.
    Now that you mentioned it, she did. That seemed to be the one issue that Ashlee was concerned about the fantasy suite, the fact that he may be doing the same thing with two other girls. I can see her giving herself to him, if she was assured, she was the one. Her statment "I thought you were a southern gentlemen" thought...past tense. Pointing to the fact that she had been deceived by him.

I do not agree with the bolded portion...no one should expect this sort of thing on any show, if they had expressed an objection to it earlier. If it happened, she had to have agreed to it and for her to do that, she would have to been assured that she was to be "the one". I also remember him saying a couple of times to her that she and his sister would be best friends. He led her on, in a personal way, he did not the others.

She did start out controling her emotions, it was only after he said "I decided I needed more fun in my life and I knew I would not find it with you". Not until that point, did she show extreme emotions. I was shocked, he was so unaware or tuned in to what he said and the effect it would have on her. He brought it into a personal arena!

As well as Ashley was able to control her emotions, when she left after being rejected, she wasn't able to here. Whatever was said or done during the over night date...was serious enough for her not to be unable to control her feelings.

Also, when Sean was asked what happened on the overnight dates, Sean said, I would say, "it is none of your business."
    If something had not happened on at least one of the dates, Sean would not mind being ask the question and would have responded with something like..."We sure got a lot of talking done." or whatever....

If this is the case, and I see it as a real possibility, after the post by tinderbox; I am glad she let him have it on national T.V. I hope she was able to let it all out and felt better afterwards. This probally cost her the chance of being on "The Bachelorette". That's why it had to be serious.

Hi all. I know a lot of you disagree with me about him calling her a liar and I do not think anyone here is attacking me

He was adamant and he could have handled it by saying right at the start ... that he obviously said something that misled her and that he was sorry.
    He looked odd .... and not affronted. I really think he thought she was going to reveal more than necessary. Only two people know what was said and done in the fantasy suite ... and I'm not one of them.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Hi all. I know a lot of you disagree with me about him calling her a liar and I do not think anyone here is attacking me

He was adamant and he could have handled it by saying right at the start ... that he obviously said something that misled her and that he was sorry.
    He looked odd .... and not affronted. I really think he thought she was going to reveal more than necessary. Only two people know what was said and done in the fantasy suite ... and I'm not one of them.
    I am pretty darn sure nothing happened in that FS- No Way. He wouldn't save himself for his F1, and have sex with Ashlee. I mean look at all the dirt they dug up on Emily suitors, I have seen nothing on Sean. That speaks volumes for me. Whoever he chooses, I really wish them well.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy View Post
    Now that you mentioned it, she did. That seemed to be the one issue that Ashlee was concerned about the fantasy suite, the fact that he may be doing the same thing with two other girls. I can see her giving herself to him, if she was assured, she was the one. Her statment "I thought you were a southern gentlemen" thought...past tense. Pointing to the fact that she had been deceived by him...
    Something just occurred to me... Perhaps the notable thing in the fantasy suite wasn't sex, but the LACK of sex. i.e. maybe Ashley tempted him pretty hard, maybe she was physically all over him like white on rice, maybe Sean was crazy w/ lust but used his final ounce of resolve to rebuff her advances, but qualified it in a way that wouldn't make her feel rejected, such as "I don't have these kinds of feelings with the other girls... but I'm a southern gentleman, I want to wait until my wedding night"

From HIS perspective, he's trying to ease her feelings of insecurity by telling her how strongly she turns him on.
    From HER perspective, she hears that he doesn't have feelings for the other girls.

That would also explain her "I thought you were a southern gentleman" comment.

And call me dense, but I can't understand how being a southern gentleman would make AshLee believe he would go to her house after eliminating her.

And finally, what if AshLee later heard that he DID sleep with one of the other ladies after rejecting HER. That might explain the bitterness in her voice when she made the "southern gentleman" comment.
    Hyper likes this.

Well that would explain Ashlee's outfit or lack thereof at the rose ceremony.
    Alexxxx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am pretty darn sure nothing happened in that FS- No Way. He wouldn't save himself for his F1, and have sex with Ashlee. I mean look at all the dirt they dug up on Emily suitors, I have seen nothing on Sean. That speaks volumes for me. Whoever he chooses, I really wish them well.
    I agree with this -- as much as anyone can feel that way without knowing exactly what happened in the FS.

And I think that if nothing else, Sean is smart enough to know that having sex with AshLee and then sending her home after claiming that all any of them did was 'talk' would cause serious problems with his F1. I just don't think he would set himself up for that -- especially since he had to realize she was a bit unstable.

But also I find it curious that if that were all true and she was feeling so hurt by what she thinks he said in the FS, why didn't she bring that up when she was leaving? He wanted to talk; that would have been a great time to ask why he lied to her, if in fact she really thinks that's what happened.

I agree with the posters who say she wanted to hurt him, because he destroyed HER fantasy.
    fireflyer and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    I agree with this -- as much as anyone can feel that way without knowing exactly what happened in the FS.

And I think that if nothing else, Sean is smart enough to know that having sex with AshLee and then sending her home after claiming that all any of them did was 'talk' would cause serious problems with his F1. I just don't think he would set himself up for that -- especially since he had to realize she was a bit unstable.

But also I find it curious that if that were all true and she was feeling so hurt by what she thinks he said in the FS, why didn't she bring that up when she was leaving? He wanted to talk; that would have been a great time to ask why he lied to her, if in fact she really thinks that's what happened.

I agree with the posters who say she wanted to hurt him, because he destroyed HER fantasy.
    He did tell each of the girls before the overnight date that he simply wanted to talk and let them get to know each other better. When Chris ask him, what would he say if he ask what happed during the overnight dates. Sean told him that he would say "it is none of your business." If nothing had happened with at least one of the girls, I would think Sean would feel comfortable saying, we had a nice talk or something to that effect.

Closed Thread