Closed Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree363Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I can't remember where, but Sean did admit that he doesn't have a problem finding women in real life. I don't think he is being disingenuous on the subject, it is the public that assume that just because he is on the show. His sister Shay nominated him initially and he said "why not?". He figured he would have some fun and get to travel a little and he would probably get to meet women he may not have met otherwise. If I was 25 years younger...
    Actually his sister talked him into applying the first time for Emily's season. This second go round, he said yes to being the lead, after stating previously that he in no way, wanted to do this again. I wonder how much he's getting paid...

If I was 25 years younger, I would hope I would have the sense to not parade myself around publicly the way people do nowadays, for their 15 minutes. There is no doubt that Sean does not need a show to find a wife, his last two girlfriends were Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders for goodness sake.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Perhaps disingenuous is a strong word, if in fact Sean has admitted he doesn't have trouble finding girls. I just hate the whole "I am here to find a wife" when frankly, I honestly believe there are very few who go on this show with that goal in mind. Jason was one, I think. Ashley seemed serious about it. Trista as well. Others go on for a lark, but have to regurgitate the trite lines the show feeds them, and it's mostly a bunch of crap. At least Charlie seemed more upfront about why he was there, and it was to have fun. That was reflected in his season and, surprisingly, his relationship coming out of the show lasted quite awhile, which can be considered a success with this show.
    Ashley didn't have trouble getting dates, so who knows whay she went on. But heh, she found JP in the process. Its a reality show, I still hope he finds someone.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

mesachick - he has told the girls when asked, that the IT wasn't there in his previous relationships (other than Emily) but that he hoped to find it on the show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    mesachick - he has told the girls when asked, that the IT wasn't there in his previous relationships (other than Emily) but that he hoped to find it on the show.
    I'm thinking that he was meeting the same kinds of women. I know people that age often end up dating within their group of acquaintances and at his age, he may have found that he was dating the same types over and over, hence the interest in expanding his dating horizons so to speak.
    bachelorwatcher likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I'm thinking that he was meeting the same kinds of women. I know people that age often end up dating within their group of acquaintances and at his age, he may have found that he was dating the same types over and over, hence the interest in expanding his dating horizons so to speak.
    I agree. And also to add to your comment, where else is he going to find that many different women from different areas (states) with a wide variety of occupations, who have been prescreened more or less in one location. They have to throw in a few specialty cases for pure entertainment. Other than that, I think they did a pretty good job of selecting women this season.
    Photobabe, Midol, Babbred and 1 others like this.

I didn't need to go on a reality show, or have a plethora of men from different states and backgrounds in order to find my husband of 20 years with the IT factor. He did go to college right? He would have had a huge diversity of women to date there as well. There is no way Sean needed to come on a show to find love, period. He came on, a second time, for another shot at travel and women and to extend his 15 minutes of fame. Just look at how many he's been able to fish kiss! I think anyone truly genuine in their search for love, wouldn't touch this show with a ten foot pole.
    Cornholio likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I hate to say it, because it makes me sound so jaded, but I kind of agree with Mesachick. I would guess the primary motivation for doing this show, both from the lead and the contestants POV, is to have fun, go on vacation, and possibly be 'famous.' When love happens, it's really a bonus, in my eyes.
    bachelorwatcher and mesachick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I hate to say it, because it makes me sound so jaded, but I kind of agree with Mesachick. I would guess the primary motivation for doing this show, both from the lead and the contestants POV, is to have fun, go on vacation, and possibly be 'famous.' When love happens, it's really a bonus, in my eyes.
    I don't disagree either and I'm probably just as jaded. However, even if those are the primary reasons, it doesn't preclude there being other reasons, and even if there aren't, I don't see that there is anything wrong in coming on the show for the adventure/travel and even to promote your business interests or to get money to pay off your student loans....as long as you are honest (or as honest as possible under production/show restrictions), and aren't nasty to people and play with their feelings just for the fun of it (Bentley, Trish, Courtney, Tierra). After all, if everone was so pure of heart we wouldn't have a show to watch and there wouldn't be a Trista/Ryan, Ashley/JP or even Jason/Molly.
    NCLurker and NEPASue like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I don't disagree either and I'm probably just as jaded. However, even if those are the primary reasons, it doesn't preclude there being other reasons, and even if there aren't, I don't see that there is anything wrong in coming on the show for the adventure/travel and even to promote your business interests or to get money to pay off your student loans....as long as you are honest (or as honest as possible under production/show restrictions), and aren't nasty to people and play with their feelings just for the fun of it (Bentley, Trish, Courtney, Tierra). After all, if everone was so pure of heart we wouldn't have a show to watch and there wouldn't be a Trista/Ryan, Ashley/JP or even Jason/Molly.
    Exactly my thinking. Also if Sean went out with cheerleaders, so what? Emily dated football players Maybe those two should try again.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Exactly my thinking. Also if Sean went out with cheerleaders, so what? Emily dated football players Maybe those two should try again.
    Nooooooooo!!!!! I couldn't stand Emily. I found her to be quite phony. And her voice.... UGHHHH... like nails on a chalkboard.

The two of them are like sleeping pills for me.....

Closed Thread