Closed Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree363Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

An interview 1/14/13

'Bachelor' Sean Lowe sees darker side of bachelorettes | abc7.com

Notice how much the mansion behind him needs paint and sprucing up.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The Bachelor's Sean Lowe: Why He's Saving the Show : People.com

Sean Lowe: Three Reasons He Makes The Bachelor Special

By Rennie Dyball

02/04/2013 at 06:00 PM EST

What is it about this season of The Bachelor?

For the past few installations, I've watched with just a passing interest, armed with my iPad so I can enjoy other diversions during the boring or painfully awkward Bachelor and Bachelorette dates.

The TV franchise has been around for so long that I was almost watching out of obligation ... I've spent so much of my life following these people and their televised quests for love that I've got to keep up for tradition's sake alone.

But this season is different. I'm excited for Monday nights and find myself watching without any outside distractions. I've had several girlfriends tell me they feel the same way – for some, after nearly deciding to stop watching the series entirely, they're excited about it all over again.

We've got Sean Lowe to thank for that.

Here's why I think the 29-year-old is a rare breed of Bachelor who's breathed new life into the long-running series:

1. He Seems Like a Truly Genuine Guy
    In all honesty, Sean didn't wow me on Emily Maynard's season of The Bachelorette. I found him to be a little dull (sorry, Sean!) and not entirely believable. So I didn't expect to be thrilled by his turn handing out the roses. But week after week, I find myself really believing in his assertions that he's looking for lasting love.

I mean, really, don't they all say that? But from night one, he's been straight up with his bachelorettes about his feelings, and he's just got that intangible "something" about him – you can't help but root for this guy. Even my often-jaded colleagues who've met him in person were impressed!

2. He's Easily Smitten
    Maybe this makes him more endearing, or maybe it's indicative of the dramatics to come when he'll need to whittle down the list. Either way, I'm so tickled by the fact that after the majority of dates, Sean is just smitten by a new woman. So far, he seems to be falling for AshLee, Desiree, Lesley, Lindsay, Sarah, Selma and, of course, Tierra.

It's refreshing and sweet, not to mention believable ... What guy wouldn't fall for a group of beautiful women on budget-less dates?

3. He's Got Quite the Cast of Costars
    Bravo to the casting department on this one. The mix of women vying for Sean's affections is diverse, dramatic and destined for medical emergencies. (Chris Harrison promises more ambulances this season!)

And did anyone else find last week's kiss-less date with Selma incredibly hot? They didn't need to get their lips involved for viewers to feel the intense heat between them. So this week, call me a marketer's dream: Two Bachelor episodes in the next two nights? Sold. Thanks, Sean.

This week's double episode of The Bachelor will air Monday (8 p.m. ET) and Tuesday at (9 p.m. ET) on ABC.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I can't quit being impressed by Sean.

I do admit to being puzzled at how sincerely interested he seems in each conversation he has with each girl. His eye-contact with each is stupendous. If I didn't know better, I'd think he was purposely doing a Jedi trick on each girl. I actually didn't know a person could BE that genuine with so many people.

Finally, did any of you see him on Jimmy Kimmel where his quads were almost busting out of his tailored suit? I wonder what his daily exercise regimen is.
    BTW and bachelorwatcher like this.

^He has said he works out about 5 times a week with a half hour to hour of cardio and hour of weights.
    fireflyer likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Moving this topic here as instructed. Yes, Sean has said he is a born again virgin. Several websites have reported as such. You'll have to google the topic yourself though, since I can't post links due to possible spoilers.

One site specifically says...

Sean Lowe's moved on from Emily Maynard, but self-proclaimed born-again virgin won't be making the moves on any 'Bachelor' contestants. Self proclaimed means that he is the one stating that fact. (NY Daily news was the source that didn't seem to have any spoiler information.

Another site says that he "considers himself a born again virgin*.

So yes, he's been saying it, its not just the media putting a term to it.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    An interview 1/14/13

'Bachelor' Sean Lowe sees darker side of bachelorettes | abc7.com

Notice how much the mansion behind him needs paint and sprucing up.
    I like what he had to say here.

I agree, that place really needs some TLC.Good grief - if you think just how many men and women have been there. ( ick)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Another site says that he "considers himself a born again virgin*./QUOTE]

Ok, what is a "born again virgin"?? Does he really say this? Seriously?

I have called myself a born-again virgin a time or two in my life. While I did not mean it in exactly the same way as Sean, I do not see anything wrong with using that term. I could say a lot more on that topic but I so want to keep my posts on this site as non-controversial as I can so I can keep this as an entertainment venue only.

I too, have used the phrase "born again virgin". All it is, is a humerous or less serious way of saying that I have chosen to be celibrate at this point in my life. And, with different people and different times "this point" may be several days to many years.
    ilja, Midol, Babbred and 1 others like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

This is purported to be a direct quote.

Even though he is religious, “Bachelor” star Sean Lowe doesn’t believe in the “born-again virgin” concept. “And the ‘born-again virgin’? I’ve never used that term in my life," Sean says. "I think you’re either a virgin or you’re not. [Abstinence] – it’s just a choice I’ve made,” he explains. In other words, people shouldn’t expect Sean to have sex with the women in the fantasy suites this season of “The Bachelor.”
    fireflyer and Midol like this.

Closed Thread