Closed Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree363Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

One thing that would stop me from accepting the ABC wedding offer is that it seems all the weddings are held outdoors.

Didn't Molly/Jason get soaked during theirs because it was raining?

And now I wonder if the weddings are held outdoors so as not to be overtly religious events as they would be if held in a church etc.

Which makes me wonder re Sean who has been rather open about his religious faith on the show (as much as a Bach could be under the circumstances) for example often mentioning how he has prayed for guidance etc. Aren't his family on the religious side? Not criticizing in any way but wondering if they might not want a more religious-oriented wedding instead?

Does anyone have any info on Sean/s his family's ideas re this?

I don't know about the rest of you but I've already received my invitation.

just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you but I've already received my invitation.

just kidding

LOL me too! I will have good company though..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Even deeply religous people aften get married in places other than a church sanctuary. As long as the ceremony is presided over by a member of the clergy and the presemce of God is made known, it's all good.

Fanny Mare and Ilja, would it be OK if I sit with you gals?
    ilja and Midol like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Even deeply religous people aften get married in places other than a church sanctuary. As long as the ceremony is presided over by a member of the clergy and the presemce of God is made known, it's all good.

Fanny Mare and Ilja, would it be OK if I sit with you gals?
    Why of course !! WARNING: I cry at weddings and
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    And now I wonder if the weddings are held outdoors so as not to be overtly religious events as they would be if held in a church etc.

Which makes me wonder re Sean who has been rather open about his religious faith on the show (as much as a Bach could be under the circumstances) for example often mentioning how he has prayed for guidance etc. Aren't his family on the religious side? Not criticizing in any way but wondering if they might not want a more religious-oriented wedding instead?

Does anyone have any info on Sean/s his family's ideas re this?
    I'm not religious myself, but it seems to me from things I've heard here and there, many churches would frown upon such a production in their church, so you could be right about that. Also, some churches are too danged small to get good film/video of the procedings, much less fit in all the guests and personnel.

And this is absolutely sheer speculation fermented in my brain, but if they want a more religious ceremony, they might have one before or after the televised ceremony. Depending on how they all feel about it. And I consider that not my business at all. YMMV
    Photobabe likes this.

It is so much fun to speculate about these people and I certainly have my share of strong opinions, but ultimately very few know the truth about what anyone is really like. Even my co-workers may have a different view of me than my friends. I once dated a man who was beloved by everyone, but behind closed doors, he had a huge temper that no one even imagined.

I happen to think that Sean is a decent guy and Jake (for example) is a bit of a jerk, but who really knows? Everything we see, hear and read is filtered in some way, and there will always be people on both sides who choose to see only what they (we) want to see. Look at politics!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    I'm not religious myself, but it seems to me from things I've heard here and there, many churches would frown upon such a production in their church, so you could be right about that. Also, some churches are too danged small to get good film/video of the procedings, much less fit in all the guests and personnel.

And this is absolutely sheer speculation fermented in my brain, but if they want a more religious ceremony, they might have one before or after the televised ceremony. Depending on how they all feel about it. And I consider that not my business at all. YMMV
    I agree with you and had the same thought about their having a separate ceremony that would be more meaningful to them in religous/spiritual/other ways.

And I agree that it is none of our business if they do.

I was trying to line up Sean's going for a big non-religious wedding in light of his numerous comments during the season that had a decidedly religious/spiritual cast to them. I thnk his parents made some similar religion-oriented comments as well so I wondered how they would feel about a "secular" wedding.

I'm just fascinated by human behavior. That's my excuse anyway.

I think Sean's wedding will be officiated by his father (an ordained minister), his grandfather (a minister), or one of the other pastors he has known over the years. It will probably be more religious than the other Bachelor weddings, if he ends up marrying Catherine on t.v.

But I agree with you all, it's fun to speculate. I could make guesses about what they will do based on their social media personalities, info from family/friends, how they were on the show, etc. but we don't really know. I'll let them decide what's best for them and just enjoy following them, whether as a couple or as individuals.
    ilja likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Good post but I'd like to point out that viewers that like/love a participant(s), can be just as dogmatic. It's not just those who dislike. I've seen plenty of folks (not here) talk of Sean like they know him personally lol.
    Good post!

Closed Thread