Closed Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree363Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

Well, Sean's business partners are doing fine without him... since Sean is taking more time off to film DWTS. Maybe Sean wants to see if DWTS will lead to something else in the entertainment industry.

To the Point

None of us can accurately speak to what Sean is looking to accomplish in making the decision to do DWTS and have his wedding televised. No many how many times we repeat what we think (obviously some more adamantly than others), it doesn't make it any more accurate. The only two people who know truly know the reasoning behind these decisions are Sean and Catherine. Time will speak to all of this.

While I certainly understand those who see it as Sean wanting to extend his 15 minutes of fame, I get it, it would appear that way. That being said, I don't believe he is seeking our individual approval. He seems to be an intelligent guy and I am sure he has gotten his fair share of negative input prior to and since the information started as rumors. If he really cared it might have impacted what he decided. Monetarily it seems a pretty smart move. As does their decision to do the TV wedding. As long as they insist on maintaining control over the wedding itself (which could be a major task) and they have the wedding they want, I have no problem with it. It isn't what I would have chosen on first glance, but then when I begin to consider just how much money is involved with even small budget weddings, I can understand and get behind this decision. It certainly removes the stress of the budget consideration on wedding decisions, before, during and after it's said and done.

One of the things that fascinates me about the whole reality show phenomenon, and especially with The Bachelor, is that people tend to be very dogmatic in their dislike of given participants. While I get that those on the side of support also can be dogmatic, it seems those with a negative impression of those involved are much more so. For me this is just entertainment, period. Do I enjoy a good, happy ending? Yes. Do I also enjoy a bit of drama for drama's sake? Certainly. Do I sometimes find myself forming strong opinions? Yes. I guess I just don't see becoming so vested in these shows that I have that visceral reaction that propels me to invest that kind of emotion. That being said, I do tend to be a cynic about this show as a means to a real life love story, but I really hope these two make it regardless of what choices they make that may or may not be to my liking.
    ness, Imperfect1, nanarama and 8 others like this.

Very good post, NCLurker.

One thing I would like to ad regarding the wedding. The public saw Sean and Catherine meet. We saw their 1st date and their 1st kiss. We were there when they met each others family. And we witnesssed Seans beautiful proposal. It is only right that we get to see the wedding.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Very good post, NCLurker.

One thing I would like to ad regarding the wedding. The public saw Sean and Catherine meet. We saw their 1st date and their 1st kiss. We were there when they met each others family. And we witnesssed Seans beautiful proposal. It is only right that we get to see the wedding.
    I can understand that sentiment and, as much as I hate to say it, I will most likely either watch or dvr the wedding because I truly liked these two on the show (what I watched of it anyway). However, I don't think we have the "right" to see anything more of their wedding unless they so choose, that is why I made no mention of that part of the equation.
    Florimel, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I can understand that sentiment and, as much as I hate to say it, I will most likely either watch or dvr the wedding because I truly liked these two on the show (what I watched of it anyway). However, I don't think we have the "right" to see anything more of their wedding unless they so choose, that is why I made no mention of that part of the equation.
    I would really like to see Catherine's father. She has spoken about him, and he is going to walk her down the aisle. I think it will be a very emotional wedding - something I don't usually bother with. For these two I would make an exception
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Perhaps I should hcange one word in my post to clarify. I should have said "it is only fitting that we should get to see the wedding. I do agree that althought it is "right" it is not our right, but their choice. Is that better?
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

FORT Fogey

What's really interesting is what goes on behind the scenes, and what the lead does after the show is over. I'll continue to read about Sean and try to find out about the real Sean. The show is too scripted and of course the same from one season to the next.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

None of us can accurately speak to what Sean is looking to accomplish in making the decision to do DWTS and have his wedding televised. No many how many times we repeat what we think (obviously some more adamantly than others), it doesn't make it any more accurate. The only two people who know truly know the reasoning behind these decisions are Sean and Catherine. Time will speak to all of this.

While I certainly understand those who see it as Sean wanting to extend his 15 minutes of fame, I get it, it would appear that way. That being said, I don't believe he is seeking our individual approval. He seems to be an intelligent guy and I am sure he has gotten his fair share of negative input prior to and since the information started as rumors. If he really cared it might have impacted what he decided. Monetarily it seems a pretty smart move. As does their decision to do the TV wedding. As long as they insist on maintaining control over the wedding itself (which could be a major task) and they have the wedding they want, I have no problem with it. It isn't what I would have chosen on first glance, but then when I begin to consider just how much money is involved with even small budget weddings, I can understand and get behind this decision. It certainly removes the stress of the budget consideration on wedding decisions, before, during and after it's said and done.

One of the things that fascinates me about the whole reality show phenomenon, and especially with The Bachelor, is that people tend to be very dogmatic in their dislike of given participants. While I get that those on the side of support also can be dogmatic, it seems those with a negative impression of those involved are much more so. For me this is just entertainment, period. Do I enjoy a good, happy ending? Yes. Do I also enjoy a bit of drama for drama's sake? Certainly. Do I sometimes find myself forming strong opinions? Yes. I guess I just don't see becoming so vested in these shows that I have that visceral reaction that propels me to invest that kind of emotion. That being said, I do tend to be a cynic about this show as a means to a real life love story, but I really hope these two make it regardless of what choices they make that may or may not be to my liking.
    Good post but I'd like to point out that viewers that like/love a participant(s), can be just as dogmatic. It's not just those who dislike. I've seen plenty of folks (not here) talk of Sean like they know him personally lol.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Good post but I'd like to point out that viewers that like/love a participant(s), can be just as dogmatic. It's not just those who dislike. I've seen plenty of folks (not here) talk of Sean like they know him personally lol.
    I know, I did address this in that same paragraph. I just gave it much less emphasis.

Sean and Catherine both stated in the interviews they have done post show that one of the reasons they are planning a TV wedding is because the relationship started as a result of a TV show...I'm sure money has a little something to do with it as well....and they want to involve their TV family (producers and by implication fans), in the wedding. I think Ashley and JP had a similar reaction. As some have previously mentioned, sometimes, we the fans do get caught up in the Bachelor/ette experience as much as...if not more so...than the contestants. I like to think that this is just their way of giving us closure!
    umngirl, AZChristian and Photobabe like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Closed Thread