Closed Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree363Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The same could be said of Leslie, who has a rather acerbic personality and yet, if she had said those three words, he may very well have kept her around.
    I cringe when it comes time for the contestants to say those three words. Its usually right before the home dates. Its sooooo awkward! Especially for the person saying it... as they know... he can't/won't say it back to them.

This show really knows how to bring out the romance.....
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I do not fault anyone who goes on this show for opportunity, job promotion, fun with the idea they may find love. One step leads to another.

I fail to see virtue in no sex before marriage. Seems an archaic notion dating back to the puritanical era. Perhaps the woman he chooses likes that idea. I have my doubts. And what does celebate really mean? Everything except penetration? If that is the case I really do have to ask, what is the point?
    I don't see the point neither. Relationships are hard enough... and sex is quite a big part of a relationship. Its NOT the only part of a relationship... but it plays a HUGH part in it. What happens if he OR she OR both are horrible????? Does "LOVE" and I am NOT mean "making love" over-rule all? IF two people are SUPPOSEDLY in love... bad love/sex making doesn't matter then? Because they will find other things in common... to pass by their time.... that make them happy??????????

Conversation is good but um.... intimacy is better.....

I'd rather know for certain how the sex is BEFORE I get married.... just say'n!!!!!
    mesachick and Cornholio like this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I cringe when it comes time for the contestants to say those three words. Its usually right before the home dates. Its sooooo awkward! Especially for the person saying it... as they know... he can't/won't say it back to them.

This show really knows how to bring out the romance.....
    Can't. They cannot say it back, because OMG that gives it all away. However, a magazine can show the F2 on any news stand. It all seems pretty ridiculous . But it's the same every season m/f , and I thought the guy that knows it all through various leaks was shut down, I gather he is not.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Can't. They cannot say it back, because OMG that gives it all away. However, a magazine can show the F2 on any news stand. It all seems pretty ridiculous . But it's the same every season m/f , and I thought the guy that knows it all through various leaks was shut down, I gather he is not.
    Reality Steve was not stopped. No legal grounds. I enjoy being spoiled because I like to watch the edit and see them hide F1 or not as the case may be. I have and unspoiled friend and it is fun to get her prespective as she watches. Her husband watches too and often sees something different.

I think most on this board are spoiled and come here to comment on things that do not pertain to the outcome. Just for curiosity sake, to those who are not spoiled, who do you think he chooses?

Reality Steve was not stopped. No legal grounds. I enjoy being spoiled because I like to watch the edit and see them hide F1 or not as the case may be. I have and unspoiled friend and it is fun to get her perspective as she watches. Her husband watches too and often sees something different.

Exactly. I read the blogs just before and throughout each season. For me it's like a game. Were the bloggers right? If so, what was it that attracted the lead to that person? How does Fleiss manage the edit for that person?

RS made a settlement with ABC last spring and so is very much still in business.

--As for the dates this week, yes, AshLee clearly has issues. However, here's something to put it in perspective. I was reading an interview with a former reality TV producer. He admitted that they looked for people with issues to put on the show. IOW, have past issues with substance abuse? You're in. You'll be more vulnerable to stress. Have an arrest record for attacking somebody? Reality TV gold. Obviously you're going to be aggressive with the other contestants. Just have issues in general, like AshLee? Again, golden. You're more likely to get people talking by doing things the audience disapproves of. It actually turned my stomach reading that.

--Loved loved loved loved Catherine's date! My father used to be stationed at Ft. Lewis, about an south of Seattle. We used to take any relative or friend who came to visit us from out of town up there. My mom took a picture once of my sister and I sitting on Rachel the pig, just like Sean and Catherine! Did they show S & C putting any money into the pig? Because it's actually a giant piggy bank, and they collect the money for charity. That would have been nice if they had shown that.

Pike's Place Market is totally cool. As somebody said, it's actually several stories, all set into a hill. You walk through it and go down...down...down. My family has bought fish from the throwing fish place! They're like a local landmark. I kid you not, when the founder retired, it made the local news. That's how much Washingtonians love Pike's and the fish market--and the tourist dollars it brings.

I wish that a future episode of Bach/Bette would have the lead bring the contestants to Seattle. There's loads more to see and do beside Pike's. You can get a gorgeous and romantic view of Seattle from the top of the Space Needle. That's if you survive the ride up in the glass elevator! We had taken my grandmother to the Needle once, and we were riding up with a group of Asian tourists. As soon as the elevator left the ground, one of them exclaimed "Whoa!" We've seen how the adrenaline dates produce romance on this show. Well, that would make a good one! Or they could go parasailing in the harbor, and then have a lovely seafood dinner in one of the restaurants on the water.

And speaking of which...

Ok, before I leave this, I have to give a shout out to Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe, also on the waterfront. If the lead has a cheeky sense of humor, or wants to see if his/her date freaks easily, that's the place to go. It's famous for Sylvia and Sylvester, its two famous (and quite real!) mummies. You can also see shrunken heads and two-headed animals. It's NOT for those with a weak stomach. Naturally, my sisters and I loved it when we were kids.

--loved Lindsey's date. Her family was so down-to-earth. I loved her father and how he refused to give a blessing right away. That has always irritated me. Some stranger wants you to bless him/her for maybe proposing at the end? Eww, no.

And yes, people still do that. Hubby asked my parents' blessing before proposing. It was mainly to show them "I am making a serious commitment to your daughter. I'm not just some flake who's going to bail when things get rough or I get tired of her." I thought it was sweet, especially since we've been together for nine years this June.

--poor, poor Desiree. What really jumped out at me was how the family behaved. Remember, Sean said in a voiceover, "And then we tried to talk about the weather {insert crickets chirping}" Excuse me, but if I had been one of those parents, I would have jumped up and said to my son, "We have a guest in this home. If you cannot treat him as such, then take your rear end right out of here." The fact that the parents did nothing, but just sat there in silence, said everything to me. Parents intimidated by their own child?? That's scary. It also lends credence to what people were saying about drug use. If they knew their kid could flip out and do Lord knows what, then no wonder they were scared. Whatever the case, I would not have wanted to marry into that family, either.

I did feel terribly sorry for Desiree, though. She was one of the rare contestants that I wanted to hug in the limousine.
    Shoepie and ilja like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I think most on this board are spoiled and come here to comment on things that do not pertain to the outcome. Just for curiosity sake, to those who are not spoiled, who do you think he chooses?
    I got spoiled early as to who most of the contestants were. I also found out who the Final Four were. Then I deliberately stopped cold. I never knew any boot orders or anything, so when Tierra lasted so long I was shocked.

As of Home Town Dates I felt it would be Desiree, but felt the show pretty much threw her under the bus, so wasn't too surprised she left F4.

Right now Sean & the show are doing an excellent job hiding the outcome, so I plan to stay unspoiled if possible.

As to my GUESS, I think the Final 2 will be AshLee & Catherine. He said something last episode about Lindsay like: "I love her YOUTHFULL ENERGY" or something like that. To me I read that as Sean seeing her as a kid & immature, which she is. I'm surprised she's still there. Even her contestant thread is darned near empty. If that doesn't say something, then TPTB are very very good at hiding it. That's the reason for my Final 2 picks.

As to F1, I have no idea. Both have positives & negatives & I know a lot is hidden. I have no preference between those 2.
    I'm hoping Fantasy Dates will give me more idea.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

--Loved loved loved loved Catherine's date! My father used to be stationed at Ft. Lewis, about an south of Seattle. We used to take any relative or friend who came to visit us from out of town up there. My mom took a picture once of my sister and I sitting on Rachel the pig, just like Sean and Catherine! Did they show S & C putting any money into the pig? Because it's actually a giant piggy bank, and they collect the money for charity. That would have been nice if they had shown that.
    When they first sat on the pig Catherine handed Sean some coins and said they were going to make wishes. I think they showed them putting money in the pig.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I don't see the point neither. Relationships are hard enough... and sex is quite a big part of a relationship. Its NOT the only part of a relationship... but it plays a HUGH part in it. What happens if he OR she OR both are horrible????? Does "LOVE" and I am NOT mean "making love" over-rule all? IF two people are SUPPOSEDLY in love... bad love/sex making doesn't matter then? Because they will find other things in common... to pass by their time.... that make them happy??????????
    Conversation is good but um.... intimacy is better.....

I'd rather know for certain how the sex is BEFORE I get married.... just say'n!!!!!

In our "anything goes society" regarding sex, I don't think it has had a positive impact on marriage or lasting relationships for that matter. There has not been a reduction in the divorce rate since our society has become more accepting/perhaps even encouraging of sex before marriage. Also, sex has pretty much zero to do with true intimacy. Intimacy is much more about being emotionally vulnerable than it does to being sexually involved/vulnerable. I know plenty of people who have had partners with whom they became sexually intimate but had zero emotional intimacy. Sex has become way too cheap and easy. I don't think that having sex before marriage improves the odds of a marriage lasting or even the happiness of said marriage. I also don't think that not having sex before marriage means that you won't have issues. I just have issue with the idea that sex and intimacy are one and the same. They are not! Way too many people have sex with no intimacy.

I agree about the sex vs intimacy. Although sometimes sex is just that... sex, whether you are in a committed relationship or not. I'd still prefer to know how well I get along with the person I am supposed to be with for the rest of my life, on that level before getting married. The sex does matter, and if it sucks, then there will either be a divorce, an affair, or two miserable people, in the long run. It really is just a personal preference, but me, I'd rather know that I'd be content in such a huge factor of our relationship before taking the final plunge.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

For Sean, is his tongue kissing a substitute for sex?

Closed Thread