Closed Thread
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree837Likes

Thread: 3/12 Bachelor 16: The Finale and ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Re: 3/12 Bachelor 16: The Finale and ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    There is now an Ellen video out where she tried to warn Ben not to ask Courtney to marry him.
    I thought Ellen's 15 minutes expired when she humiliated herself on American Idol.

"I... uh... know nothing about music... you were great... did you hear the one about the priest, the rabbi, and Courtney????"
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    I thought Ellen's 15 minutes expired when she humiliated herself on American Idol.

"I... uh... know nothing about music... you were great... did you hear the one about the priest, the rabbi, and Courtney????"
    I did not care for her on AI either. However, I loved most of her Bachelor skits with the exception of one recent one that I can't remember what it was about unlike everyone else who commented on it, I just did not find it funny.

I personally love her comedic timing most of the time on YouTube clips, anyhow since I don't watch her show.
    jucamer likes this.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Ellen was a big star before AI and has remained a big star after. She's also an admitted huge Bachelor fan and has had all leads (and sometimes memorable 'contestants') on her show. Recently, she's more entertaining than watching the show, IMO.
    Ellen, NEPASue, mesachick and 3 others like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    There is now an Ellen video out where she tried to warn Ben not to ask Courtney to marry him.
    That was funny, but I still like the one with Ben & Chris on Jimmy Kimmel. After all the crap that's been thrown his way, he does appear to have a sense of humour in that video.

Remember the early days of The Bachelor when the network's employees used to praise the show? Or maybe they always felt this way, but kept their mouths shut?

Barbara Walters: The Bachelor Degrades Women and I'm "Deeply Offended" - UsMagazine.com

I find it kinda funny how most of ABC hosts make fun of the show now. Jimmy Kimmel started it a few years ago, Kelly stopped watching several seasons ago and now mocks it as well.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Well yeah, I'm sure being humiliated in front of the world is hard. But they chose to put themselves in that position. I'm just happy this season is over. It was like a train wreck...I wanted to look away but couldn't.
    You said it all. I so agree with this season being a total train wreck and I was very disappointed with the last show of the regular season and ATFR. Where was the most controversial ending ever? I guess I am still waiting for it. lol There was something very off about ATFR, but I am not sure I can even explain what it was. I feel like Ben would say one thing and Courtney would say another, but they were not really saying the same thing as each other. She said that Ben abandoned her one moment and then she said something else a bit later that negated what she initially said. I guess I would describe it as not being in sync with each other. Your comment about wanting to look away, but couldn't is exactly how I found myself. I would question why I was watching this show and yet Monday after Monday I would continue watching. I guess my reason is that I do like to think there are fairy tale stories out there and most of all the places they end up visiting are to die for. I absolutely fell in love with Switzerland. I will probably never get there, but because of watching this show I sure saw some absolutely amazing scenery.

I think my reason is that I don't like drama in my real life, but I like to watch it unfold on all these reality shows. That way I still get my drama but I don't have to have the stress of it...

And I will watch Emily and her guys because, well, there will be 25 smokin' hot guys. I'm also curious to see if some of the spunk Emily showed on the ATFR show comes through with her as the bach'ette.
    waywyrd, Rattus, NEPASue and 4 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

She didnt do well on AI. But I like Ellen. She spoofs everyone on the show.

And I will watch Emily and her guys because, well, there will be 25 smokin' hot guys. I'm also curious to see if some of the spunk Emily showed on the ATFR show comes through with her as the bach'ette.
    All 25? I doubt it, especially if they are anything like Bentley and few others on Ashley's show
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    He's an ass - he told Lindzie he was in love with her and then said I'm in love with someone else. He is the worst of the franchise - he has nothing to say to her walking her out - moron, moron, moron. I hope Courtney drags you through the mud

Oh Lindzie don't say to call me if things don't work out - ugh!
    I could not believe he told her he loved her and then...so sorry, you aren't my choice. What a dog!!
    She is crazy if she gives him the time of day now!

jucamer, I had to get sloshed too....and it helped!
    jucamer likes this.
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I think my reason is that I don't like drama in my real life, but I like to watch it unfold on all these reality shows. That way I still get my drama but I don't have to have the stress of it...

to all you said above! This is why I'm enjoying GCB - because it makes me thankful I don't have deal with all that crappola in real life!

If her 'real' personality was the snarky comments she made to Michelle about asking where Brad gets his coffee and what she said during the ATFR, then I think it'd be a good season to watch (the hot men are an obvious reason, so I didn't mention them-lol). Sadly, though, it's all about how they want to present Emily. Hopefully, fingers crossed, they won't throw her under the bus and back up a few times. I'm really hoping they go back to their roots and we get a good season!
    nanaslbkp, jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Yep. I love me some televised bad behaviour. I don't love me some real life bad behaviour.

Emily bores the hell out of me, and the mere fact that all these men are willing to do this show renders them unattractive to me, but I will still be watching in hopes of catching some of that aforementioned bad behaviour. Bring on the psychos, whiners and mama's boys!!!
    sweetpea and Jaceegirl like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Closed Thread