Closed Thread
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree837Likes

Thread: 3/12 Bachelor 16: The Finale and ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/12 Bachelor 16: The Finale and ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    But we're not seeing much. And the ones who are saying something are part of the sorority hive mind.

Doesn't it seem odd that so many of these men and women are willing to participate on a show like B-Pad, when ostensibly they were saying they were ready to settle down and get married when they signed up for Bachelor?

Not everything is what it appears to be in Fleissworld. Fasten your limousine seat belt and get ready for a bumpy ride if you cannot assimilate.
    I've seen enough to make an informed decision. You can't fake your personality. Courtney did those things, Courtney said those things. No amount of spin is going to change those facts.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I keep wondering why Ben hasn't appeared to be angry with Courtney about the effect her nasty behavior had on him. He took a ton of crap for looking manipulated and stupid and blind to her dark side, and and yet he doesn't seem to be holding her responsible for any of that.

I guess that if they really broke up for a time that was the reason why, but he still talked about how it was just "all too much" for him -- not that he was angry with her at all.

The reality is that if she had been as nice to the other women as she seemed to be with him, most people would have been supportive and rooting for them to make it work. It was Courtney's behavior that created the firestorm -- do they really not get that?? SHE spoiled the love story. All by herself.

And if her behavior wasn't the "real Courtney" and she chose to act that way, she is even more responsible for the fallout!

Quote Originally Posted by gochapgo View Post
    Combined with that blank stare, drifty-offy voice, and the habit? of ending phrases? as if she were asking a question?, I don't find any measurable amount of cute there IMHO.

This one time? At band camp?...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post

This one time? At band camp?...
    When I dropped my retainer? Under the bleachers? And that boy went down? To find it?
    Ellen likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Just wanted to thank everyone for hanging out with me this season. It's been a ton of fun, and I'm gonna miss all of you on Monday nights!

FORT Fogey

Ben is still a tool, and Courtney is still quite the wannabe actress. Like Melissa it is obvious that she was promised media if she played a part. Courtney took the part way way too far, and now she is paying the price. I would not be surprised to hear of them breaking up in a couple months and she doing hosting jobs. Ben is in a precarious position right now. He can go on with her knowing he looks like a fool, or he breaks up with her and looks like he is incapable of a model likeing him. In a guy world he is doomed.

The only winner of the show was Lindzi. She avoided being saddled with the tool for any longer. Hopefully she will go on to find a better suited counterpart to her great personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    I keep wondering why Ben hasn't appeared to be angry with Courtney about the effect her nasty behavior had on him. He took a ton of crap for looking manipulated and stupid and blind to her dark side, and and yet he doesn't seem to be holding her responsible for any of that.

I guess that if they really broke up for a time that was the reason why, but he still talked about how it was just "all too much" for him -- not that he was angry with her at all.

The reality is that if she had been as nice to the other women as she seemed to be with him, most people would have been supportive and rooting for them to make it work. It was Courtney's behavior that created the firestorm -- do they really not get that?? SHE spoiled the love story. All by herself.

And if her behavior wasn't the "real Courtney" and she chose to act that way, she is even more responsible for the fallout!
    Oh, EXACTLY! That is exactly what I've been thinking too. She did it, the press and the public reaction didn't cause all this trouble - she did! It was her behavior. And somehow, they still tried to put it on Ben last night (CH really bugged me), asking her if she trusting HIM now and such. (And in his blog, CH is trying to continue it!)
    I think Ben's "abandoning" her was probably his only sane moment(s) in the past few months - he was probably appalled at what he saw (despite the warnings), and how he had only seen one side of her - the fact that he took a break to figure out if the girl he fell for was worth the risk and if she was sincere in her apology was in my opinion, a very appropriate reaction to what happened.
    I also suspect his other two women, mom and Julia, probably fed into that too - can you imagine the phone calls he got from them after they watched Courtney on TV? Yikes! They likely questioned him intensely, and with the influence they have on him, it probably made him really sit back and think (and then go out and hit on other girls! haha). I don't blame him really, and wouldn't use the term "abandon" like Courtney did, because she really misled him about what really happened w/the girls and then when he finally saw it, who wouldn't be upset? He had to question if he really had been played. Saying it was HER time of need? Hardly - she needed to apologize and look at herself and behavior very deeply.
    Now, I'm not a big Ben fan, and this is about the only time I can see defending him, but I really don't blame him for taking a break. They still got a pass last night about the skinny dipping though. ugh.

Other things - his negative attitude towards the show and the edit are probably why they got out of doing the rounds on other shows today. He hasn't been shy about saying this was an awful experience for him. He'd just want to go defend her and say it was the edit, etc. and so they'd rather put Lindzi out there who's a happy little employee that says she'd love to do BP or B'ette!! Oh, and yes, she did say that they laughed together about her "call me if it doesn't turn out" comment but they made it sound more serious (took out the laughter?), and she was just kidding. There was no other shocking statement on GMAmerica, so that was all hype for nothing. She said she was there at the ATFR show, waiting in the back, but since it was so heavy and they had big things to deal with, she and the producers decided she didn't need to go on - she didn't need closure. But she had a cute dress on that she was disappointed to not show off - though she wore it on Kimmel.

She got to keep her dress from the finale, but not the cape - and she didn't want it, she said. Weren't Courtney's black leather gloves simply awful and disgusting? I can't believe she wore those - they were so ugly. For someone who looked so nice all season, that was really a faux pas. Who wears heavy gloves when you're expecting to put a ring on your finger?

That felt like the longest finale episode I have ever watched. It dragged on and on and on, much like the season. The ATFR was interesting though.

I'm not surprised he broke up with her and then they "got back together." Personally, I feel like this was the Brad and Emily ATFR show all over again, and despite what is being said, it's plain to me that they are dunzo. IMO, he is still holding on publicly because he doesn't want to look like a complete bozo (little late for that, however).

I've said more than once how vile I think Courtney's behavior is, and how dopey I think Ben is, but he really took the cake Monday night. "But, but, but... I didn't know!" Oh, GMAB. You were warned over and over again, and when, for example, Emily tried to explain, she was told to "tread lightly." Don't go whining about it all now just because you were wrong and they were right.

Just from what was shown on TV, the TV Ben is a really sorry excuse for a man.

I would say onward and upward to the new B'ette season (I prefer that show by miles), but color me wholly UN-enthused for that, given the choice of the lead.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I'm on vacation this week... so late to the party.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u View Post
    for all you women who want to get (trap) a guy, watch and learn from courtney...she knows how to get the guy, and win over the fam. you may not like her, but
    she says and does what guys want to hear and do...act or not, she beat out all the other girls...not saying she would be what you would want long term, but she
    does know what shes doing...
    She has no friggin CLUE what she is doing. I seriously doubt there is one intelligent woman here who would want to 'trap' a guy. We are ourselves and let the men try to 'get' us. That's why none of us would end up with a drip like Ben.
    Sure, you can trap him, but you'll never keep him. And that is Courtney's life story, as she has stated.

New pictures of Ben with yet another woman are coming out now. Life and Style has pics of Ben being straddled by another woman in a park in San Francisco. These pictures were taken Sunday - the day before the Bachelor Finale aired. And since ATFR was taped, this also occurred after he gave Courtney back her ring. They should just give up the farce now and admit there is no love between the two of them. Ben certainly doesn't care.
    VAgirl79, jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Closed Thread