Closed Thread
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree837Likes

Thread: 3/12 Bachelor 16: The Finale and ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 3/12 Bachelor 16: The Finale and ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    Well I don't know about the rest of you but I'm really angry at those outside forces that spoiled such an amazing love story between these two cute kids.

Oh wait... it was Courtney's behavior that fostered the negative press and spoiled the love story.

Never mind.
    Lol.

Yeah I feel that Ben/Chris should have emphasized more that Ben stepped back because of what he was seeing on the show, which is what everyone was berating him about before.. (the fact that he wasn't seeing the whole Courtney).

hm.. who knows maybe he wasn't stepping back because of that and was worried about his image, but I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    She would be rebuffed if she tried to act normally in the "cathouse" if she were shown to be an early favorite? Even if there is any truth to that statement, isn't Courtney still responsible for how she chose to respond? She did not have to say those catty things to (or about) the other women. She could have chosen to take the high road, but she didn't. And we saw how she responded when Emily tried to apologize to her.

I believe that I only heard maybe two or three women in the house say that they became friends with Courtney, and even they were disappointed to hear the things that Courtney had said about the other women. And it appeared to me that Courtney did not consider those two or three women as competition for her. She only seemed to take jabs at the women that she did consider a possible contender for Ben's affection.
    I agree. Plus if you watched WTA, the women ALL rolled their eyes when Courtney made the same claim. I'll believe the 24 women in the house over Courtney, especially since they all (except for Casey S) have the same story, which was that she did not try to get to know them. I remember Jennifer saying to her - 4 days in to the show and you still didn't know my name.

I will say that I did believe Ben's tears last night, but so much has happened, that I just really didn't care any more. They both brought this upon themselves.
    NEPASue and jucamer like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    As I have said before, Ben is a cold empty suit. I can't imagine why any of these women could actually fall for him. He was emotionless when releasing all of the women, including Lindzi. I didn't even see much emotion when he proposed to Courtney.

Then ... when Courtney the woman he said wanted to spend his life with, was besieged by the press and she and her family/friends were being hurt by it, he said HE couldn't take it and "abandoned" her. Nice guy.
    yeah its just the thing is is that people assumed that if he knew how Courtney acted with others that he wouldn't pick her. Now that he has that information he had to reassess. He's not the most in touch with social signals, that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The membership is way down because of technical problems with many browzers. It has cut the action here trememdously. The action on this show has always been about spoiling so there is that, too. It is just the way it is now. No criticism intended.
    I think the no spoiling, no sleuthing, no body language analysis killed a lot of the fun of this show. Maybe that is it. OR it could be the minute Ben accepted Courtney invititation to skinny dip it was all over but the crying. I think he was just going through the motions with the other women after Puerto Rico, allowing Little Ben to do the thinking for him. I had such hopes for this season with Ben on the first dates with Kacie B in Sonoma. It seemed so natural and carefree. Sigh. What a bummer this became!

People are trashing Emily but Emily showed me a lot of spunk at the ATFR for she and Brad's season. I think she is going to handle these guys well. I kinda hope Bentley shows up. And she tells him to head right back to the limo, do not pass go, do not collect Neil Lane's ring, go straight jail! Back in Utah.
    Florimel and NEPASue like this.

Never gonna watch again! This is all so fake! Fleiss, CH are nothing but evil corporatists only interested in the bottom line! How dare they not care more about the love story than ratings!!! Scripted! Scripted! Scripted! People who continue to watch must all be stupid, immature, unrealists!!! If [fill in the blank] is chosen as the Bach/ette, I swear I'll stop watching from here on out!!! This year has to be the worst ratings evah in the history of the Bachelor/ette!!! Never again!!! I'm so above all of this nonsense!!! They really blew it this time! How dare they think we are all so stupid as to fall for their edited manipulations!!!

And last but not least, no one has ever said any of the above before and no one will ever say it again in the future! So thar!!!

I am not trashing her. I think she's an attractive women.I just found her very( very) boring. I saw that little clip with her an the other two Ali and Ashley, and it reminded me of how boring she is.

They really blew it this time! How dare they think we are all so stupid as to fall for their edited manipulations!!!

You make a good point! LOL But I think their editing is getting worse and worse, its downright amateurish at times
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am not trashing her. I think she's an attractive women.I just found her very( very) boring. I saw that little clip with her an the other two Ali and Ashley, and it reminded me of how boring she is.

You make a good point! LOL But I think their editing is getting worse and worse, its downright amateurish at times
    So have I convinced you yet to watch the next one even if you don't like the lead so that you can come back here and be the opposing opinion to moi'?!?
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    So have I convinced you yet to watch the next one even if you don't like the lead so that you can come back here and be the opposing opinion to moi'?!?
    Nope! plus its May! May is outside , reading , sipping cold drinks! May is flowers and walks. Not Emily, I cant find love and even if I do it wont last LOL
    sweetpea likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I agree. Plus if you watched WTA, the women ALL rolled their eyes when Courtney made the same claim. I'll believe the 24 women in the house over Courtney, especially since they all (except for Casey S) have the same story, which was that she did not try to get to know them. I remember Jennifer saying to her - 4 days in to the show and you still didn't know my name.

I will say that I did believe Ben's tears last night, but so much has happened, that I just really didn't care any more. They both brought this upon themselves.
    I found myself wishing there would have had a new addition to the ATFR: a no-nonsense therapist like Dr. Phil there on the stage during that phony fiasco to point out to their faces how they each were responsible for what happened, and to give a blow-by-blow analysis of what was going on. I'd love to see these people learn something from their own behavior. Actually, as much as I hate to say it, I think Courtney was more forthcoming about her behavior than Ben was. He didn't admit to or apologize about a thing.

What an interesting season this has been. Opinions flying like arrows in every direction. I love to read the diverse reaction of each one who has commented on this site.

As for me personally, I think that Ben picked Courtney because they have the same life view. Ben could never fit into the mold of Kasie B."s family. It is not who he is. Courtney has a lovely family as does Ben and I believe that Ben and Courtney really are cut from the same cloth.

I actually admire Ben for taking a step back for a few weeks from Courtney. There really were "TWO" Courtney's. It must have been SO confusing to watch the mean spirited way that Courtney treated most of the women. She was so condisending after she was given each rose. She was calculated in her behavior. She belittled enough of the some very classy, sweet gals who were there for the same reason she says she was there to cause Ben to HAVE to take a step back. Better now than after they marry. Courtney's behavior has reaped the consequences of what she sowed this season. If she felt "abandoned" by Ben she has to have known that he HAD to have been conflicted by what he watched after all was said and done.

I understand all of the rolling eyeballs during the WTA and The ATFR shows. I think that maybe this could be a wake up call for Courtney. If you were trying to further an acting/modeling career then wow did you blow it big time. If you REALLY love Ben I hope it works out for both of you.

I myself will not pick up stones when if we all look at our own experiences that are played out in private and they became public WE could possibly be in the same position that Ben and Courtney find themselves.

Time will tell what will happen with the "Ben/Courtney relationship. I think that may be the best way for this season to end.
    Rattus, NEPASue and ilja like this.

Closed Thread