Closed Thread
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree837Likes

Thread: 3/12 Bachelor 16: The Finale and ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 3/12 Bachelor 16: The Finale and ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

I don't think that Ben is that passionate a guy. After watching him this season and on Ashley's season, he just doesn't seem like the passionate make out on camera guy. I never saw him give Ashley open mouth kisses and he proposed to her. Compare Ashley's kisses with JP and Ben. He had a few moments here and there, but on the whole it just doesn't seem to be his thing.

I also think that there is a difference between being one of the 25 contestants and being the lead. There is a lot more pressure on you to carry the show. I don't think that Ben had the personality to be the lead and the producers should have realized that before they ever offered it to him.
    sweetpea likes this.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

We're only shown a tiny amount of what went on in that house. Whatever else is fake about this show, probably even down to most of the eliminations each week, the Bachelor does get to choose his fiancee.

As we've heard from past contestants, it can be obvious who the favorites are. Editing can create the impression that it's something that changes minute to minute. What's disgusting about this show is that the Bachelor makes out with women he has to know he will send home later that day. I think that's what Fleiss emphasizes to them when he sets up this contract. It is, often, cruel. Too much time is spent on the humiliation. We've heard what's said to the women as they leave in the limousines. They're driven around until they produce that "what's wrong with me" jag of crying.

So there's a lot of pressure on there, and the constant worry that the Bachelor has made his choice, and the rest of the girls are just around to add a storyline and some drama.

It's entirely possible, not that I'd know, that Ben made it clear Courtney was a favorite from very early on. Which would mean that she would be rebuffed if she tried to act normally in the cathouse. She might not be lying when she says that she initially tried to be friendly, in her quirky way. We only saw the highlights of her catty-ness, because Fleiss has a story to tell.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Chris Harrison's Blog for the two shows is posted in his thread. As a bonus, I also brought over an interview done at People.com.

I didn't see a blog from Ben at People and don't expect to, either.
    jucamer likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I saw real emotion from Ben last night on ATFR, probably more than I've seen in him all season. He's hurt, he's angry, he feels deceived and betrayed, and he feels like a gullible fool.. and I think a lot of the emotion is because he knows he brought it all on himself. As I said previously, he shared a house with Bentley on Ashley's season. He KNEW what a manipulator was capable of and he fell for it anyway. That's hard to take. Even if you brought it on yourself, it's hard to know that the entire world thinks you're an idiot. In that respect, I feel for the guy.

As for Courtney, I seriously think they go well together. They each have cold streaks, seem to have issues with showing emotion, have trouble relating to other people, and neither seem very interested in an instant permanant relationship. Ben abandoned Courtney during the last few months, but I think if the situation were reversed she would do the same to him. They are very, very similiar. The main difference is that at least Courtney combs her hair. I honestly think the relationship between the two of them could work if they are able to get past this media stuff. Think about it, all season we've said how ODD both of them were... maybe oddly enough, this relationship could end up being a happy one for both of them.

Even though this was a trainwreck and I never really warmed to the lead, I am a faithful Bachelor fan and will never miss an episode. Bring on Nascar Barbie!

Cookie
    Footballmom, ilja and jucamer like this.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Did anyone see Good Morning America?? I'm curious what was said/revealed there... though it probably wasn't as controversial as the finale... ((major eyeroll at the use of that word in the promos!))
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fanatic

I'm only hoping now that this season has shown to even the most gullible amounst us that this show is nothing more than an edited, amatuer acted bunch of crap. And with that said, I ask only that FORT goes back to the sluething, spoiler site that it once was so good at. This season has to prove that these people are contestents and know full well going in that the show is prescripted, glycerin- tears and phoney romance. Please, oh please lets go back to some fun on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Ben didn't step up to rescue her privately ... but let her swing in the wind while the "media" was hanging her.

I think Ben's tears may be because he thinks he was given a "raw deal" by this show ... TWICE !!!!

CH says that Ben is a "friend" of his ... and that's a bunch of baloney. I think CH helped facilitate all of this and that some of this was planned in advance.
    After all, CH knew Ben from Ashley's season and would have some insight into Ben's responses to Courtney and all of the women.

Lindzi said last night ... I think as she was boarding the chopper ... that if Ben chose Courtney he would be shown as a fool. And actually, that is what's happening. He was shown as the fool with Ashley and now the fool in his own season. What's that saying ... fool me once shame on you ... fool me twice shame on me.
    Okay, I don't think that I made myself clear with what I meant. Maybe "rescue" wasn't the best way to put it. Right up to the proposal, I think that Ben felt that Courtney was misunderstood and needed someone to "watch her back" or "be there for her", because she had done such a good job of convincing him that she was the victim of malicious gossip in the house and had been hurt by many men in her past. So, at the time that he proposed to Courtney, Ben felt like he knew the real Courtney. Even then he said that he knew choosing her would be unpopular and that it would be tough on both of them, but they would just have to "stick together". He said that before he even proposed to her. So, that is what I was trying to say. But, he did have a change of heart afterwards, though.

And, yes, he did not support her privately after he started watching the show and saw her interactions with the other women and began to doubt Courtney. I would not be the least bit suprised if that whole thing last night WAS cooked up by the producers to give both Ben and Courtney a way out of this mess. They were even let off the hook and not required to do any interviews afterwards. There is a whole lot that I saw last night that I found hard to believe.

And, I totally agree that Chris H is not a true friend to any of these people. I had to laugh at some of the expressions on Ben's face when Chris would throw a hot potato his way. It was obvious Ben was not happy with the way the questioning was going!!! And what was up with that awful beard that Ben had going on?

I'm only hoping now that this season has shown to even the most gullible amounts us that this show is nothing more than an edited, amateur acted bunch of crap.
    Yup, thats what it is, Its fluff, I can read( and I did) while this is on. But I decided I cant, and wont watch anymore. Maybe it still is likeable for a certain age group( younger females) I dont know

As to the spoilers etc, you can get those anywhere, even when you dont want to I am sure.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Honestly I will probably watch the first night of Emily's to see what type of men she gets paired with. Since the success rate of the show is so low I don't see myself bothering to get invested in it as a love story.
    sweetpea likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post

It's entirely possible, not that I'd know, that Ben made it clear Courtney was a favorite from very early on. Which would mean that she would be rebuffed if she tried to act normally in the cathouse. She might not be lying when she says that she initially tried to be friendly, in her quirky way. We only saw the highlights of her catty-ness, because Fleiss has a story to tell.
    She would be rebuffed if she tried to act normally in the "cathouse" if she were shown to be an early favorite? Even if there is any truth to that statement, isn't Courtney still responsible for how she chose to respond? She did not have to say those catty things to (or about) the other women. She could have chosen to take the high road, but she didn't. And we saw how she responded when Emily tried to apologize to her.

I believe that I only heard maybe two or three women in the house say that they became friends with Courtney, and even they were disappointed to hear the things that Courtney had said about the other women. And it appeared to me that Courtney did not consider those two or three women as competition for her. She only seemed to take jabs at the women that she did consider a possible contender for Ben's affection.

Closed Thread