Closed Thread
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree837Likes

Thread: 3/12 Bachelor 16: The Finale and ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 3/12 Bachelor 16: The Finale and ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

I was going to say the same as JavaJo - the last time I checked, both Ben and Courtney signed up for the show and at least in Ben's case, he kind of knew what the media would be like. When I heard both of them say that the "beautiful" moment of the proposal was ruined by the media attention, I wanted to yell at the television to remind them that they both signed up for this. Especially in Courtney's case, she brought on most, if not all of the negative comments and feelings that people have about her. I think that in Ben's case, he was probably embarassed that he didn't listen to the other ladies and once he saw the behavior that Courtney was displaying, he understood what the ladies were talking about.
    I didn't watch the entire season religiously, but I did read about the show every week and sometimes watched the last few minutes of the show. I do miss the spoilers that used to be on this site as that was half of the fun to try and figure out via photos and spoilers who "wins". With all of the other sites revealing the ending long before the start of the season, it's almost no fun to watch anymore.
    Will they make it? I don't even think they know the answer to that question. But when you have so many seasons of a show that says that their purpose is to provide an alternate way to meet your soulmate and get married, and only one of the couples matched got married (and I don't count Jason and Molly since he didn't initially pick her), I think that the show should really advertise that they provide entertainment and nothing more.

As I have said before, Ben is a cold empty suit. I can't imagine why any of these women could actually fall for him. He was emotionless when releasing all of the women, including Lindzi. I didn't even see much emotion when he proposed to Courtney.

Then ... when Courtney the woman he said wanted to spend his life with, was besieged by the press and she and her family/friends were being hurt by it, he said HE couldn't take it and "abandoned" her. Nice guy.
    dzigner, Uncle David and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Is there any chance that the "breakup" was staged to make it seem as though Ben was really taken aback by her behaviour? It all seems awfully contrived to me that there is a re-engagement now.
    I think the breakup was real...it's the re-engagement I don't buy for a second. I imagine Courtney's acting chops are pretty good, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was playing for the cameras.

But frankly, I can't give Ben credit for being that good of an actor. His tears seemed really, really genuine. He seemed really devastated -- I tend to think THAT is the truth. The talk of "we're together, we love each other, we're engaged..." that's what I question.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Then ... when Courtney the woman he said wanted to spend his life with, was besieged by the press and she and her family/friends were being hurt by it, he said HE couldn't take it and "abandoned" her. Nice guy.
    I agree. He showed his colors, too.

And I have to say, from a pure body language perspective, he showed CLEAR signs of lying when he was talking about the girl in the pictures -- when he said he had never kissed someone else, hadn't been with someone else etc -- I believe 100% that he was lying. His body language was a dead giveaway.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-13-2012 at 01:18 PM.
    LovetheRoses likes this.

FORT Regular

And if they seriously think that the media attention is over, they are mistaken. The media will be all over them.

He had never kissed someone? Meaning....what? Those snaps are photoshopped? It's not him in the pics? Everyone who saw them is delusional? What * does* that mean?
    ilja, Mikesgirl83 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by kateb View Post
    Sorry, just catching up, but Ben was warned. His breaking up with her because of this is not cool, disappearing is again not cool, interesting of her to forgive him and not give up. Haven't felt much was genuine with her, but if any of her words are real, then he is kind of the dog. She was mean, but he did see it like he said and he abandoned her anyway. Sorry, Ben is just not cool. Almost feel sorry for Courtney, I agree with Reality Steve, if he broke up with her because of what he saw on tv, then maybe he doesn't deserve her. Wow.
    Yep ... all of what you said and you know ... the skipping at the rose ceremonies and all .... whaaaaat ? That is something he did witness. Oh wait ... maybe he didn't because he was picturing her naked. !

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post

I'm glad Lindzi escaped a fate worse than death, but I could have smacked her when she told Ben to call her if it didn't work out with Courtney! Geez, woman, have some self-respect.
    Lindzi said (on Kelly) she was joking and adding levity to try make a bad situation better.
    Last edited by echo226; 03-13-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Nah. I don't feel sorry for Ben. I don't feel sorry for Courtney. I still think he's self-centered, cold and often disagreeable. She's wacked. Their relationship is doomed and you can tell he hates the show and the show hates him.

Loved how they basically said "Hey, Ashley and JP, you guys are awesome! Everyone loves you! Let's spend the last 15 minutes of BEN'S show focusing on the girl that dumped him and the guy she dumped him for!!.....oh, and Ben and Courtney, good luck with all that.

Ok, bring on the Nascar Barbie and the men hoping they are rich, handsome and important enough to melt her heart and win her love.
    Ditto to all of this

I also have to add that is was very clear to me that the only thing Courtney really loves in that ring. Like Jumacer said she was salivating over it both during the proposal and when Chris pulled it out. I know when my husband asked me to marry him I was looking at him and hugged him and kissed him and it took me like five minutes before I even looked at the ring and commented on it. I didn't care what the ring looked like I just wanted to marry him.
    Last edited by Mikesgirl83; 03-13-2012 at 12:24 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV View Post
    He had never kissed someone? Meaning....what? Those snaps are photoshopped? It's not him in the pics? Everyone who saw them is delusional? What * does* that mean?
    Yeah exactly, he could have said, oh those pictures were taken last year or something along those lines, but instead we got " what are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?" Ummm I saw you kissing a woman while grabbing her ass Ben.
    mesachick and JavaJo like this.

There is something that I have been wanting to say all season...ever since Ben declared Jennifer the best kisser. After that it seemed like there were only certain ones that he gave open mouth kisses to. So, I have watched this entire season and never once saw this happen with Courtney. Even tonight Courtney only gave him quick kisses with a lot of smacking noises going on. I never once saw what I would consider passionate kisses between the two of them...just an observation that just seems a little odd. Anyone else notice this?

I like reading the comments here from both men on this board, and I can agree with both. There are many men who would not fall for Courtney's games, but there are many who unfortunately do and have. Courtney is a woman who does play games and will use her looks to pull a man into her web. She will use whatever wiles necessary to pull them in. With Ben she played the victim card....saying women hate her because she is beautiful, and men always end up using her and eventually cheating on her. Then she used her sexuality with Ben, and threatened to leave, making him fear that she was losing the spark, he and would lose her. This is just classic game playing on her part. She knew exactly what to say and do with Ben, and it worked...at least for now. I would also bet that Courtney needs so much reassurance from the men in those relationships that it becomes exhausting for them, and that is one reason they leave her.

Now, for Ben. I also think that Ben to a certain extent feels like he needs to take care of Courtney....rescue her so to speak. It is now like them "against the world". And I truly think that this is what is fueling his defiance toward all the naysayers and, according to him, the haters who have supposedly made his life hell. I can see Ben staying in that relationship just to prove all of us wrong. Ben just does not like to think that he might have been wrong about Courtney and wants to place all the blame on the viewers and the press. Well, he better first turn that anger on the producers of the show for this complete trainwreck. He can whine all he wants to, but this is the storyboard that the producers decided to use, and they made Ben look like an idiot in the process. The producers are the ones who ruined his moment, his proposal at the finale. Shoot, last night they were still using clips of evil Courtney to advertise a new show that will feature a woman as an evil roommate.

So, Courtney isn't mean, she is just sassy. And Ben is a guy that does not like drama but chose Courtney anyway. Well, Ben has said that he likes weird, and they both seem like they are that.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    ?

Now, for Ben. I also think that Ben to a certain extent feels like he needs to take care of Courtney....rescue her so to speak. It is now like them "against the world". And I truly think that this is what is fueling his defiance toward all the naysayers and, according to him, the haters who have supposedly made his life hell. I can see Ben staying in that relationship just to prove all of us wrong. Ben just does not like to think that he might have been wrong about Courtney and wants to place all the blame on the viewers and the press. Well, he better first turn that anger on the producers of the show for this complete trainwreck. He can whine all he wants to, but this is the storyboard that the producers decided to use, and they made Ben look like an idiot in the process. The producers are the ones who ruined his moment, his proposal at the finale. Shoot, last night they were still using clips of evil Courtney to advertise a new show that will feature a woman as an evil roommate.
    Ben didn't step up to rescue her privately ... but let her swing in the wind while the "media" was hanging her.

I think Ben's tears may be because he thinks he was given a "raw deal" by this show ... TWICE !!!!

CH says that Ben is a "friend" of his ... and that's a bunch of baloney. I think CH helped facilitate all of this and that some of this was planned in advance.
    After all, CH knew Ben from Ashley's season and would have some insight into Ben's responses to Courtney and all of the women.

Lindzi said last night ... I think as she was boarding the chopper ... that if Ben chose Courtney he would be shown as a fool. And actually, that is what's happening. He was shown as the fool with Ashley and now the fool in his own season. What's that saying ... fool me once shame on you ... fool me twice shame on me.
    NEPASue likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Closed Thread