Closed Thread
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree935Likes

Thread: 3/5 Bachelor 16: WTA or WTN **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/5 Bachelor 16: WTA or WTN **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Do you care? I sure dont.
    The extent to which I care is that *finally* the obnoxious Ali is no longer popping up on the morning show of the news station I like to watch, now that she's moved onto "bigger and better." Otherwise, not really.
    JavaJo and Pandora2 like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Good point
    Every -single- thing is manipulated

I wont watch Emily, and her desperate season/journey of wanting to find love, and the guys that really want face time. I doubt I will bother with this show again.

At one point last night, I thought why am I watching these women, bitch and complain about each other .Pick each other apart? Who does that? I couldn't answer myself, or give a good enough reason to put up with this show again. I said that after I watched Michelle Money and TWA, but I did. Not anymore. The WTA its still very much edited, and scripted.

Women also come off looking bitchy, in Survivor, in Celebrity Apprentice. There's a reason for that.
    I think Amazing race is the only show that proves women are just as fine, and as competitive as men. The other shows I mentioned, imnsho belittle us.
    I'm sorry to say this, but women come off bitchy because they are. Not all women, of course, but when you get a big group together, the fur will fly.
    I currently work at a company that employs a majority of women. I get thrown under the bus on a regular basis. I feel like I'm back in high school sometimes.
    JunkieGirl, kateb, Midol and 1 others like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    By most standards, all of the bachelors and bachelorettes are complete and total cads. Their behavior may be sanctioned by Fleiss (and let's be honest, Courtney didn't break any rules - there were two camera crews and someone must have told her where Ben's room was and what time he'd return to it), but it's still the hallmark of a cad (or cad-ette) to play tonsil-hockey with as many as ten different people at one time - many within minutes of each other.

The biggest mystery of this franchise is how they get parents to open their homes to this madness, knowing there's about a 0.1% chance their little Kacie or Ed will find true love in the equation.

I applaud Kacie's dad not for his insight, but for refraining from taking a baseball bat to Ben's much-maligned noggin.
    I was thinking shotgun
    kateb and Midol like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I'm sorry to say this, but women come off bitchy because they are. Not all women, of course, but when you get a big group together, the fur will fly.
    I currently work at a company that employs a majority of women. I get thrown under the bus on a regular basis. I feel like I'm back in high school sometimes.
    I am sorry to hear that norealtyhere.I had that happen to me, but it only happened once.

The extent to which I care is that *finally* the obnoxious Ali is no longer popping up on the morning show of the news station I like to watch, now that she's moved onto "bigger and better." Otherwise, not really.
    Well I hope she is is also happy, if they tried to work on their relationship, and it they up.It did so for a reason, well two reasons, it takes two, to make the relationship work. I never cared to see Ali, but happy is always good
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-09-2012 at 12:19 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    So were Ali and Roberto. Ali got the TV career she'd set out for by picking a guy in SoCal -- starting in San Diego and getting her foot into the LA door, as so many do. What did Roberto get? Umm....
    I know this is off topic, but I just had to respond. Roberto was not from SoCal. He was from Florida or somewhere else out east. He put in to transfer to the west coast AFTER Ali picked him. And they lasted 18 months. That, to me, was a real relationship. No, they didn't get married. But if it is just for publicity, you don't move your entire business across the country and live with the person for 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    My plan for Monday night is to watch the last 20 minutes of the 2-hr show (sorry, I can't suffer through all the "romance" between Ben and his final 2), and then watch all of ATFR, which better be really, really good!
    If what I have read is true, then I think that the majority of us will be disappointed when seeing the AFTR. And if it is true, ABC is really going all out trying to salvage this season.

Okay Longhornfan, you just put my mind on overdrive...

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I know this is off topic, but I just had to respond. Roberto was not from SoCal. He was from Florida or somewhere else out east. He put in to transfer to the west coast AFTER Ali picked him. And they lasted 18 months. That, to me, was a real relationship. No, they didn't get married. But if it is just for publicity, you don't move your entire business across the country and live with the person for 18 months.
    Yes, Roberto's folks were living in Florida but Roberto was working out of an insurance office in South Carolina, if I recall correctly. I despised Ali from when she was on Jake's season and could not believe when she landed the next Bachelorette gig. However, I absolutely adored Roberto. I couldn't really see them together but if they were happy, so be it. Maybe he was more into her than she was into him? I did feel, though, like Ellen said above that Ali was interested in an entertainment career. But so many of them have used TB franchise as a springboard to launch their own career. Jillian for her interior design business, Trista as the ultimate relationship expert/spokesperson for TB franchise, Melissa on one of those entertainment shows, etc. I can't really blame them, I guess, if fame comes their way as a result of their exposure on the show. Some of us would like to see an old-fashioned love story, like Trista and Ryan, but I fear that will never happen again.

Jillian for her interior design business
    She was already doing quite well without this show, but it did give her a lift. And another show

Trista as the ultimate relationship expert/spokesperson for TB
    I dont know if this was tongue in cheek, but I found this very funny ECM
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Haha, FM, glad you found it funny. Wasn't really meant to be, but I do love how TB franchise trots her out at every opportunity and has her weigh in on all things Bachelor related.

FWIW, I always liked Jillian and found her to be a very real person. I fear I may get my hand slapped now for going way off-topic. *slinks back to shadows.*
    ButterflyFaery and Midol like this.

Closed Thread