Closed Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree935Likes

Thread: 3/5 Bachelor 16: WTA or WTN **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/5 Bachelor 16: WTA or WTN **West Coast Spoilers**

If I remember correctly (my brain has not been working lately which is why I keep adding these disclaimers), Emily said in an interview that at the time that Ben told her to tread lightly, she was so busy blaming herself for being so stupid to bring up Courtney once again, that she did not even consider what Ben said at the time. I know I've done that at times, where you barely listen to what someone has said because you know you just stepped in it. It was only later that she realized the impact of what he said.
    So what kept her from leaving then, once she realised what had been said. We keep blaming Ben, are they not responsible at all for their actions, or lack of?

I think it was noticeable that the girls at the WTA "loosened up" as the show progressed. I read that Chris Harrison fell ill during the taping so the girls had a lot of downtime while they waited for him to come back. If you had been witnessing yourself "loosen up" too much on TV over the last few months, wouldn't you think that you would refrain from drinking a lot during that WTA downtime? Does anyone learn from their experiences these days
    You would think that, they must have seen how they looked on the show. So no, they didnt learn anything imho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

They did one season where the contestants were older -- someone else here will remember better than I do. Was his name Byron? And they stayed together for awhile afterward but had a rather tempestuous relationship, as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    So what kept her from leaving then, once she realised what had been said. We keep blaming Ben, are they not responsible at all for their actions, or lack of?

You would think that, they must have seen how they looked on the show. So no, they didnt learn anything imho
    I don't know. Perhaps, she did not think about it until after she left the Bachelor bubble?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I don't know. Perhaps, she did not think about it until after she left the Bachelor bubble?
    Perhaps. I guess if she was so insulted by this remark, that she would have simply said no more Ben. Its pretty easy to walk out, the gal with the Grandma did it( sorry I forget her name)
    -Andy Rooney-

Perhaps. I guess if she was so insulted by this remark, that she would have simply said no more Ben. Its pretty easy to walk out, the gal with the Grandma did it( sorry I forget her name)
    That's comparing apples to oranges. The gal with the grandmother was not even attracted to Ben. Emily was pretty caught up in her feelings for him and was thinking at the time that she was the one who had done wrong.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

It is all about the ratings. I don't think Fleiss would consider 40+ contestants because it would limit the dates (less extreme sports) and it wouldn't be eye-candy to more of the audience. And let's not even start about why there hasn't been an African-American Bachelor (not that I'm recommending this - sadly, I probably wouldn't watch, either). Advertisers want young, impressionable eyes on the television. As many as possible. That's just the way television works, and that's why the most important ratings number for most advertisers is 18-39s. Us older people are too set in our ways.

Byron Velvick, by the way, was 40 (maybe 39 when it filmed) when he was The Bachelor. The average contestant was 31, went as low as 27, and as old as 39. Mary was one of the older ones and was a reject from a past bachelor - maybe Bob, can't remember.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    That's comparing apples to oranges. The gal with the grandmother was not even attracted to Ben. Emily was pretty caught up in her feelings for him and was thinking at the time that she was the one who had done wrong.
    I meant the walking out is easy. It doesn't matter how interested you are, if the guy speaks to you in a certain way, do you put up with it? why? because you are on TV? Or, are you used to that behavior.

I dont buy that it upset her as much as she said, if it had, she would have walked out. Instead, she went back out on another date, and she one again talked about Courtney. There is a deleted scene ( Emily and Ben) on you tube.. ( dd found it) they are tagging an outdoor bar, and having fun. Of course there is no drama, so it wouldn't make the show. I still think she likes Ben, as I have said before.

Btw the grandma was attracted to Ben! LOL I wonder if all that was a set up
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-08-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

I meant the walking out is easy. It doesn't matter how interested you are, if the guy speaks to you in a certain way, do you put up with it? why? because you are on TV? Or, are you used to that behavior.

I dont buy that it upset her as much as she said, if it had, she would have walked out. Instead, she went back out on another date, and she one again talked about Courtney. There is a deleted scene ( Emily and Ben) on you tube.. ( dd found it) they are tagging an outdoor bar, and having fun. Of course there is no drama, so it wouldn't make the show. I still think she likes Ben, as I have said before.

Btw the grandma was attracted to Ben! LOL I wonder if all that was a set up
    You are correct that she should have walked out on him at the moment he told her to 'tread lightly'. I'm just giving what I believe was her thinking per what she has said in interviews. I've wondered if she did not think about it until she was talking about it at home and someone else pointed it out to her or that she did not think about it until she saw it on TV. Who knows? I'm just guessing here.

Of course, us women and men too should put up with stuff like that. That's not to say that sometimes people don't ever say things they regret in the heat of the moment and that no one should ever be forgiven.

As for the grandmother, if they had kept her on the show, she might have been able to get to Ben. Which is probably why they wouldn't dare.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

I can see Fanny's point. I think that there are signs that Emily still had a thing for Ben, and that's why she put up with it. If she didn't care for him, I don't think her reaction would have been the same. She was giving him the benefit of the doubt, just like she gave Courtney the benefit of the doubt and apologized to her. At this point, I'd say her attraction to Ben has pretty much run it's course, and even if there's still a little bit there, there's no way she's going to let that on to viewers!

Off topic, slightly - Fanny, you keep saying you aren't going to watch the next season... who will we banter back and forth with if you aren't here?! You have to watch!

I dont buy that it upset her as much as she said, if it had, she would have walked out. Instead, she went back out on another date, and she one again talked about Courtney. There is a deleted scene ( Emily and Ben) on you tube.. ( dd found it) they are tagging an outdoor bar, and having fun. Of course there is no drama, so it wouldn't make the show. I still think she likes Ben, as I have said before
    One word: Hindsight. Once you've had time to examine how it plays out, people often have a different reaction or wish they'd done things differently. Plus, not only is the Bachelor only privvy to one side of what's going on, the girls are only privvy to their side, too. They have no way of knowing what Ben is thinking. I imagine for Emily it's one of those "if I knew then what I know now" situations.

The fact is....Fleiss cast a boring Bachelor who specifically asked for no models and then he threw one in the mix. For drama. Well, he got what he wanted and lots of it. The whole season has been a hot mess and I for one, can't wait until it's over.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Closed Thread