Closed Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree935Likes

Thread: 3/5 Bachelor 16: WTA or WTN **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/5 Bachelor 16: WTA or WTN **West Coast Spoilers**

I know I don't care either.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Yes, that was vile, Fanny. She really does come up with some gems doesn't she? It's cringeworthy and if my daughters ever said something like that I'd be all over them. Have some class ladies, please.

Sometimes drinking brings out the mean in people. Sometimes the mean is just there, drink or not. With Courtney it's just there but the drinking definitely doesn't help. The girl is a lost cause I fear. Thank goodness this gong show is almost over.
    Just wanted to comment on this. Alcohol lowers people's inhibitions, so that they might do something they wouldn't do when sober. BUT, and this is a big BUT, it only lowers inhibitions to do things you might otherwise want to do. For example, if I got drunk, I might sleep with a guy I thought was cute, but wouldn't want to immediately go to bed with if I had all my faculties. If I was drunk, I would not run out and shoot a person, because that is not in my nature when sober! So alcohol may have lowered Courtney's inhibitions to say things she might not have otherwise said if she could have thought it through - all those thoughts and personality traits are there. Alcohol makes it easier - it doesn't make you someone you aren't otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Just wanted to comment on this. Alcohol lowers people's inhibitions, so that they might do something they wouldn't do when sober. BUT, and this is a big BUT, it only lowers inhibitions to do things you might otherwise want to do. For example, if I got drunk, I might sleep with a guy I thought was cute, but wouldn't want to immediately go to bed with if I had all my faculties. If I was drunk, I would not run out and shoot a person, because that is not in my nature when sober! So alcohol may have lowered Courtney's inhibitions to say things she might not have otherwise said if she could have thought it through - all those thoughts and personality traits are there. Alcohol makes it easier - it doesn't make you someone you aren't otherwise.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I guess for me, and this is no way an out for any of them, is just how much do they drink, and when they film them, how much have they really had. I have never seen them without a glass in their hand, there is always wine on their dates, they drink before after during, they drink before their parties, they drink at them. When the auditions were held you hear them say. I dont want to be the drunk girl, what is that? who is that? I guess the WTA they are not drunk therefore that's who we see.But I was reading somewhere, before the WTA they have a little party and they , what else, drink. The men dont seem to be drunk, and are able to hold ther liquor, the women cant .They were all pretty tiny. I am wondering how far into the very first party Monica had had to drink before she made out with a woman.
    KatesMom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I guess for me, and this is no way an out for any of them, is just how much do they drink, and when they film them, how much have they really had. I have never seen them without a glass in their hand, there is always wine on their dates, they drink before after during, they drink before their parties, they drink at them. When the auditions were held you hear them say. I dont want to be the drunk girl, what is that? who is that? I guess the WTA they are not drunk therefore that's who we see.But I was reading somewhere, before the WTA they have a little party and they , what else, drink. The men dont seem to be drunk, and are able to hold ther liquor, the women cant .They were all pretty tiny. I am wondering how far into the very first party Monica had had to drink before she made out with a woman.
    Yes, I had heard they were pretty drunk at the WTA. Plenty of drinking beforehand - and apparently doing shots during the commercial break.
    Midol likes this.

Here is a something that I recently read quoting Maya Angelou: "When people show you who they are, BELIEVE them".

Yes, I had heard they were pretty drunk at the WTA. Plenty of drinking beforehand - and apparently doing shots during the commercial break.
    Well if they need that( dutch courage) I feel sorry for them. It can turn a normally nice person into nasty one. I realise what you posted about inhibition are lowered , but at the same time, I feel that some people drink and are happy, and funny. Others drink and they are nasty. I wish they would do this show without any alcohol at all! nah that wont happen.

I think this is what happened to Jennifer, she was drinking, and while she was very very rude to Blakeley, I doubt she even knew what she was saying. Jamie when she gyrated on Ben's lap, very drunk, Jenna when she spoke about tampons and made no sense at all, drunk.There is an ongoing theme to all this .
    sweetpea and KatesMom like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    I love Emily. Hated the playmate dress! I kept thinking she was gonna fall right out of that thing.

And I agree with everyone who has said she is too good for the Bachelorette.
    I'd like to see a season comprised of more mature people like Emily, Ames, Chris etc. Also, have they ever done or considered doing an over-40 Bachelor/rette season ?

I am under the impression that the statistics on the on line dating sites show that the match seekers are mostly over 40, so why not ?

In any case, I do think that most if not all of the women this season were too good for Ben. I mean really. Think about him really fitting with any of them, their families or their lifestyles.
    jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I think it was noticeable that the girls at the WTA "loosened up" as the show progressed. I read that Chris Harrison fell ill during the taping so the girls had a lot of downtime while they waited for him to come back. If you had been witnessing yourself "loosen up" too much on TV over the last few months, wouldn't you think that you would refrain from drinking a lot during that WTA downtime? Does anyone learn from their experiences these days?
    LuckyMom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I know, very course.She also said it in the interview I saw on you tube She said, she saw Ben last season, he walked away with some dignity and he didnt take it up_____. It seemed so natural for her to say.As for the WTA...

I get her being mean, but good lord, she was mean one on one, Did all the others wait to be mean as a group( Hello Jennifer) miss too good to be true.Why if they were all so offended by Courtney , didnt they tackle her one on one.I would have, in a NY second

If Emily was soo put off by the ' tread lightly ' comment why didnt she say I am too good for you and walk off the show? and she's the smart one!

I wont be watching this show anymore for more than one reason, and really it has little to do with Ben or Courtney. The WTA is a cat fight, that's all They are not telling all, we already got to see what they were talking about

It should be renamed TWWA The women want answers, and the bachelor has to really answer, now that would be different.

Its become a yawner for me this show. I said that last season and didn't see it all. I hung in this season, but thank god its my last
    If I remember correctly (my brain has not been working lately which is why I keep adding these disclaimers), Emily said in an interview that at the time that Ben told her to tread lightly, she was so busy blaming herself for being so stupid to bring up Courtney once again, that she did not even consider what Ben said at the time. I know I've done that at times, where you barely listen to what someone has said because you know you just stepped in it. It was only later that she realized the impact of what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I'd like to see a season comprised of more mature people like Emily, Ames, Chris etc. Also, have they ever done or considered doing an over-40 Bachelor/rette season ?

I am under the impression that the statistics on the on line dating sites show that the match seekers are mostly over 40, so why not ?

In any case, I do think that most if not all of the women this season were too good for Ben. I mean really. Think about him really fitting with any of them, their families or their lifestyles.
    I think because many of them probably wouldn't play into the cattiness that Fleiss has now built this show on. There is a reason why the median age for girls on this show is early twenties - even when you have bachelors like Brad who were 36, I think? Guys tend to be a bit older on the Bachelorette, but even then they are only early thirties at the oldest.

Closed Thread