Closed Thread
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree935Likes

Thread: 3/5 Bachelor 16: WTA or WTN **West Coast Spoilers**

I was disappointed by the elephant in the room being ignored. Why wasn't Ben questioned by the women about his decision to skinny-dip with Courtney so early in the season? That was such a totally crass and disrespectful way to treat these women and he was not held accountable for his actions.

I also felt sorry for Courtney for about 20 seconds. Her spell on me was broken when she actually told the truth for once. Her response to the question of why she suddenly changed her tone about the other girls was merely because she was afraid it would affect her relationship with Ben. That sealed the deal for me. Not that I have never been selfish but that was not the biggest reason to be ashamed of her actions. The biggest reason she should have been remorseful was because the other women did not deserve the treatment that she gave them.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-06-2012 at 01:51 AM.

Re: 3/5 Bachelor 16: WTA or WTN **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Jenna to Monica: "maybe we can share a tampon" = meanspirited.
    Monica to Jenna "will you accept this tampon" = meanspirited.

Using humor to shroud meanness. Courtney does it. Monica does it. Jenna does it. Isn't anyone genuinely nice anymore? Or are we all just a bunch of mean people?
    I didn't take it as being mean spirited. I thought they were trying to be funny and including everyone in on the joke. Who knows?
    ButterflyFaery and mariewin like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kateb View Post
    I think Courtney is sorry, but sorry that her behavior has caused the people she does care about discomfort. If she wasn't dragged through the mud in the tabloids and on shows like Ellen, she wouldn't care. She didn't think it through, or in reality that is the real her but she would have acted differently if she realized how much ammunition she was leaving the show editors with. And one point the girls didn't bring up, but her saying that she really loved a lot of the women, are these the same women she called girls to Ben and said she didn't really like any of them? This includes her friend Casey S, who she didn't bother to differentiate in her not liking any of them. We have seen other girls who were uncomfortable in the past, they didn't take that to the level of mean and nasty and Courtney did.

But I do believe she is sorry, I just think she is sorry because of the people she really cares about, not the women she hurt on the show.
    Yeah, maybe Courtney will finally "get IT" she doesn't have to be a mean girl all her life. I'm sure she didn't expect the level of disgust against her and how it would play out in the media. I'm pretty sure she didn't expect that to spew out onto her family and friends. That's probably what hurts her. She signed up for the show, her family and friends did not. I still think that there is something off about her.

But then again, Omarosa parlayed her "mean-ness" into more than 15 minutes, so maybe she thinks it's worth it.

After reading/hearing what Nicki said tonight, I think SHE is the most normal girl on this show. And the smartest. For once, someone realizes that it isn't them or what they did was wrong, the guy just didn't want to be with her. Very insightful for someone so young and already divorced. Sometimes, well most times it just isn't meant to be. She seems to have good self confidence.

Samantha is a train wreck and oh so wanting to be famous. It's amazing how someone who looked very pretty, became very "ugly" the more they open their mouth.

OOPS! I should have said that Britney was the smartest on this show. She shut down Samantha pretty quickly AND had no interest in Ben.

Ben's blooper reel was much shorter than those in the past. All they could find was him dancing around like an idiot? Poor Ben. So much for his fun, laid back side.
    dzigner, kateb, JavaJo and 4 others like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Yeah, maybe Courtney will finally "get IT" she doesn't have to be a mean girl all her life. I'm sure she didn't expect the level of disgust against her and how it would play out in the media. I'm pretty sure she didn't expect that to spew out onto her family and friends. That's probably what hurts her. She signed up for the show, her family and friends did not. I still think that there is something off about her.

But then again, Omarosa parlayed her "mean-ness" into more than 15 minutes, so maybe she thinks it's worth it.

After reading/hearing what Nicki said tonight, I think SHE is the most normal girl on this show. And the smartest. For once, someone realizes that it isn't them or what they did was wrong, the guy just didn't want to be with her. Very insightful for someone so young and already divorced. Sometimes, well most times it just isn't meant to be. She seems to have good self confidence.

Samantha is a train wreck and oh so wanting to be famous. It's amazing how someone who looked very pretty, became very "ugly" the more they open their mouth.

OOPS! I should have said that Britney was the smartest on this show. She shut down Samantha pretty quickly AND had no interest in Ben

Ben's blooper reel was much shorter than those in the past. All they could find was him dancing around like an idiot? Poor Ben. So much for his fun, laid back side.
    I loved Britney's answer that she was not into Ben and how she responded to Samantha. Grandma must be proud!

As for Ben's bloopers...not really funny, just him acting stupid with his dancing and getting naked again. However, there is one question I just must ask...that bird that attacked him, did anyone notice if it had one leg?
    Last edited by Midol; 03-06-2012 at 12:40 AM.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Lots of Botox happening on Courtney's face, eh!?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I was disappointed by the elephant in the room being ignored. Why wasn't Ben questioned by the women about his decision to skinny-dip with Courtney so early in the season? That was such a totally crass and disrespectful way to treat these women and he was not held accountable for his actions.
    Thanks, ilja! I thought maybe I fell asleep and missed that part. How did they both manage to avoid addressing that topic? Were the other women warned not to question that specifically, I wonder?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Well, I agree with Courtney on one point. "I can't apologize enough! I really can't!"

I honestly didn't think I could dislike Courtney any more than I did yesterday. I was wrong!

I wonder which acting coach she went to to learn how to cry on que.

And, lastly, I think we all need to take up a collection to fix her overbite. It drives me nuts!
    Ellen, fireflyer and jucamer like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

don't think Emily would make a good bachelorette
    I dont like her at all.I know I am in the minority, but she does nothing for me, and DH said she looked like she was taken through a hedge backwards( a mess) I dont think she is that smart ( its hard not to look bright sitting in a room for of mostly zero's) ) she didnt stop making faces, In fact she made more faces about everything than anyone. No doubt she is jealous that Courtney is in the F2 and she's not.That's more than evident Who said , but we are all friends? ( Old Emily again I think) did they see the first hour, of non stop bitchiness? OMG, I would have stayed in my room with that lot in the house, they were petty, stupid and yes, they too were mean girls!!

I liked the outtakes there should have been more.

I think out of all of them Nikki, was the most sincere, she was definitely bright( and pretty) no face pulling .her dress was stunning. Emily's was the size of a stamp and her hair was a mess. Once again she does that slack face, so I am sure she was drinking Kacie, well she just bores me.

Go Courtney( or Lindzi!)

Love ya Ben!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Yes, Courtney, I understand that you are very, very sorry. Not for causing pain to the other women, but because your behaviour has backfired and you, your family & friends are being dragged through the tabloids. You couldn't even look Blakeley in the eye and apologize for calling her a stripper - you kept looking at the camera.

Emily - you go girl! You're smart, beautiful, clever and articulate. Wishing you extremely good luck in the future.

Samantha - please go back on your meds......
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I'm sorry, but I still can't figure out what women see in this chucklehead.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Closed Thread