Closed Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree740Likes

Thread: 2/27 Bchelor 16 The Exotic Dates **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/27 Bchelor 16 The Exotic Dates **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    What's ITM? I finally figured out PI and now there's something else I don't know!
    ITM - In The Moment (same as a PI - Personal Interview)
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I still think that some of Courtney's voice over's and ITM's were retaped...little things give them away like her hair and earrings....what I want to know like most of you is WHY is ABC trying so hard to redeem her ...or did she beg them to do it to keep from losing Ben because he saw what she really was...the one question I would like to hear at the WTA is that Ben let Emily go because of the way she talked about Courtney...I really want to know what Ben's reaction at Courtney's behavior when Emily apologized
    ButterflyFaery, you wrote exactly what I was thinking. I don't see why Fleiss & Co. would care about redeeming Courtney. They played her up as the evil witch at every turn, and she gave them a lot to work with. They never redeemd Wes or Bentley, or countless others whose names I don't remember. What about Ed? They knew he was going to be F1 after a certain point, but no effort was made to improve his image, even though Jillian was a popular B'ette who most people wanted to see happy and well-matched in a relationship. Here we have Ben, who is getting nothing but bad press and bad ratings, and who few people like or care about, but they want to redeem his apparent pick? I don't get it. Could it be that they are not trying to redeem her at all, but instead are setting her up for the smackdown of all smackdowns at the WTA, and that there's more humiliation to come at the ATFR between her and Ben the Dopiest Bachelor Ever who refused to heed the many warnings about his chosen one? We'll have to wait and see.
    JunkieGirl, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    ITM - In The Moment (same as a PI - Personal Interview)
    In the moment, thank you!!! I had something else I said for that. I am so glad I didnt post it!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Thanks, Arielflies!

Maybe the Great Courtney Redemption is about trying to pretend -- for the sake of ratings, of course -- that this is all very real, because if Courtney were as evil as we've been seeing week-to-week and Ben picked her anyway, people might start to think there was a little 'editing' going on, and that none of it was real.

Plus it's another plot twist, and they seem rather fond of those. Or else they're really afraid that Ben picking the evil one will be so offensive to viewers, they might not even bother to watch Emily's season. Whatever the motivation, it has something to do with ratings -- that much we know for sure!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Thanks, Arielflies!

Maybe the Great Courtney Redemption is about trying to pretend -- for the sake of ratings, of course -- that this is all very real, because if Courtney were as evil as we've been seeing week-to-week and Ben picked her anyway, people might start to think there was a little 'editing' going on, and that none of it was real.

Plus it's another plot twist, and they seem rather fond of those. Or else they're really afraid that Ben picking the evil one will be so offensive to viewers, they might not even bother to watch Emily's season. Whatever the motivation, it has something to do with ratings -- that much we know for sure!
    I dont know why they think Emily will be such a draw, even if there is so called eye candy around, the story lines will be the same. The blogs will be the same , the crying, the plots..well you get my drift
    sweetpea, Midol, Pandora2 and 1 others like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont know why they think Emily will be such a draw, even if there is so called eye candy around, the story lines will be the same. The blogs will be the same , the crying, the plots..well you get my drift

I am sure she will hated before it's over when she doesn't pick the fan favorite.
    sweetpea likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I kind of liked Ben on Ashley's season, but my opinion has changed over the past few weeks. Emily I never really liked, so I don't know whether that will change in time as well, or whether I'll never be fond of her. She just comes across as confused and desperate and a little bit fake, to me.

I totally expect her to "fall in love" and get engaged and then wake up a few months later and realize that the man she thought she would spend the rest of her life with is still not her NASCAR man. But then any real live man is going to have more faults than a ghost. I just wish she realized that and would put it to rest before trying to find someone else, as it doesn't appear that she's done that.

Putting her daughter to bed at 7:30 and wishing she had a life is not the same as fully grieving the loss and knowing she's OK on her own -- and that a new man would be a wonderful addition to her life, but should never be the driving force and will never make her whole.

One of the best things my mom ever taught me was, "anyone can get married anytime they want, if they set their sights low enough, so don't ever make that a goal." That advice has spared me a lot of heartache and bad choices, I'm sure of it!
    Ellen, sweetpea, LuckyMom and 5 others like this.

I am sure she will hated before it's over when she doesn't pick the fan favorite.
    Is there any doubt??

Putting her daughter to bed at 7:30 and wishing she had a life is not the same as fully grieving the loss and knowing she's OK on her own -- and that a new man would be a wonderful addition to her life, but should never be the driving force and will never make her "whole
    I thought that was what she said to Brad on his season, that its lonely after the kid goes to bed.
    sweetpea, Pandora2 and Jaceegirl like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Thanks, Arielflies!

I think it might be just this simple. MF doesn't care about the people on his show and he doesn't care about the love story. He cares about ratings. Anyone know what the ratings are for this season? My opinion, as someone who has not watched this season but has watched most of them in the past is that there has never been someone in the F2 (possible F1) that everyone so unanimously dislikes. I have seen some say they don't mind Courtney or they think she is hilarious, as far as making good TV. I haven't seen one person say they like her. Even Ed and Vienna had their supporters. I think without Courtney this season would have been boring, so the producers played it up. But now they have seen how the public has reacted to her and they need to do damage control. JMO.

FORT Fogey

I wonder how Courtney will be received on Bachelor Pad this summer ... cause you know it's coming!
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Closed Thread