Closed Thread
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree752Likes

Thread: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

I don't think that the producers are going to be able to "redeem" Courtney in the next few weeks. And as someone else pointed out to me, when Courtney said that she had been thinking about how she had treated the other women while they were together on the show (and had some regrets), she followed that up by saying "because it was affecting HER relationship with Ben". So, once again it was all about her...not really about the other women. So, no matter how they may try to redeem Courtney in the eyes of the viewers, her own words just keep coming back to bite her in the a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    I have mixed feelings about Ben not saying anything to Kacie when she left. In a way it felt awkward because she did obviously think they had something going on, but on the other hand, there is really nothing he could have said that wouldn't sting, because it all boils down to "you're not it." And it drives me nuts when they say something like, "you'll be a great partner for someone... just not me..." Spare me the pat on the head!

And I agree that the woman in the skinny jeans is probably Ashley. She does have kinda distinctive legs...
    I just remember Ben's exit from the Bachelorette - he basically shut Ashley down and said he didn't want to hear anything, that nothing she could say after rejecting him really mattered. Maybe I am giving him way too much credit here, but I wonder if that may be playing into the way he is treating some of the women. Problem is, women look at things differently - they want the explanation and they want to know, even though it won't help. So while he may be thinking about how HE would want it to be handled if HE were dismissed, he is completely missing how THEY would want to be treated.
    sweetpea, Shoepie, Rattus and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Maybe he's in the "teen" stage...my youngest son just went through a stage where his hair looked like a mop on his head. This kid has always been conservative, nice short hair. All of a sudden, he decided to let his hair grow and look horrible! <-- sorry son if you ever read this, but it did. No matter how much pleading, he would NOT get it cut, until he was ready and his stage was over.

Thank God.
    Same here! then mine shaved it all off.Go figure LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I just remember Ben's exit from the Bachelorette - he basically shut Ashley down and said he didn't want to hear anything, that nothing she could say after rejecting him really mattered. Maybe I am giving him way too much credit here, but I wonder if that may be playing into the way he is treating some of the women. Problem is, women look at things differently - they want the explanation and they want to know, even though it won't help. So while he may be thinking about how HE would want it to be handled if HE were dismissed, he is completely missing how THEY would want to be treated.
    That is an excellent point, and definitely could explain why Ben acts the way he does in that situation.

I have to say that I'm a little flummoxed. No, Ben isn't the most fascinating man on the planet, at least as has been edited for television, but these women are all pretty dull themselves. Why on earth are they entitled to date/marry "out of their league" when he isn't? And at any rate, they all seem to like him, so it would seem that they are reasonably well-matched.

And all that aside, I have known plenty of low-key, but interesting, well-informed and humourous people over the course of my life who would not present well on television, so I always cut the "boring" a break that I won't cut for the loud and obnoxious.
    Shoepie, KatesMom and Fanny Mare like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Hmm its a thought, and it could be right .I said in one post. His saying "I am very sorry" would be enough for me.I stand by what I said. I would still want to know why, just not at the point where I was rejected and about to cry my eyes out..
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 02-22-2012 at 10:54 AM.

FORT Fogey

I think this is exactly what he is doing. He found it demeaning when Ashley started in on you are an "amazing person" rap. Men's and womens needs differ and generally women want to hear more. But hey, ya get what ya get and it isn't about you.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Nicki's Date

Speaking of which, was it her father who said marriage is a gamble? That really chapped my hide. Like somebody said here earlier, it's about commitment and hard work. Comparing marriage to some random thing like a crap game in Vegas is just wrong.

Babbred
    , that was COURTNEY's father who said that marriage is a gamble.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

ITA that Ben is probably treating the women who are leaving the way he would want to be treated, which I guess we all do that to some extent. I also think he's pretty uneasy around real emotion. And obviously Kacie was only one of 4 for him, and he was her only interest, so things are a little off balance to begin with.

Personally I think I'd rather not hear an explanation of what he thought was wrong with me in that situation; first because it doesn't really matter, and second because his perception was based on a very limited experience with me, and really not worth much. Plus it would probably all be nonsense as I doubt he would want to share what's really going on in his head -- nor should he, necessarily.

I have noticed that oftentimes on this series, the women who are rejected question what is wrong with them, and the men who are rejected question what is wrong with the women. We need to get over that!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    ITA that Ben is probably treating the women who are leaving the way he would want to be treated, which I guess we all do that to some extent. I also think he's pretty uneasy around real emotion. And obviously Kacie was only one of 4 for him, and he was her only interest, so things are a little off balance to begin with.

Personally I think I'd rather not hear an explanation of what he thought was wrong with me in that situation; first because it doesn't really matter, and second because his perception was based on a very limited experience with me, and really not worth much. Plus it would probably all be nonsense as I doubt he would want to share what's really going on in his head -- nor should he, necessarily.

I have noticed that oftentimes on this series, the women who are rejected question what is wrong with them, and the men who are rejected question what is wrong with the women. We need to get over that!
    I think the bolded is key. He just seems awkward around the women when it comes down to any type of real conversation, like he just has no idea what to do or say.
    sweetpea and Pandora2 like this.

Closed Thread