Closed Thread
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree752Likes

Thread: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Average? Ben is SO far below average! IMO Ben is by far the worst bachelor with Jake a close second (I'll give Blob third).
    My dad caught a glimpse of The Bachelor with me a couple weeks back. He said the show should be called desperate women seeking ugly men. That was his opinion after maybe 8 minutes of the show.
    Ellen and Midol like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    No hometown date with EVER top Meredith and Matthew and the AV. I'll bet Mere still has nightmares.....much like the ones I have over Ben's haircut.
    Kacie's htd was just beyond awkward. I could hardly watch. Whether or not she's right for Ben, I felt bad for her that her parents don't seem to trust her enough to know her own feelings. Hopefully, she can move on from this and, not only find a guy who's better than Ben, but also exert her independence. I'd also hope that her parents stop treating her like a teenager.

Ben in the Western gear? UGH. He looked like such a dweeb. The 'do wasn't helping with the cowboy hat either.

I can't imagine Ben watching himself on this show and not thinking, "Man, I need to get a haircut. I didn't realize how bad my hair looks." Sadly, I'll bet he won't.
    Can you give me a brief refresher on Meredith and Mathew, please I have totally forgotten. What is AV?

I wonder if Ben will see just how bad his hair is. There are other shorter cuts that will help hide his receeding hairline. Courtney commented, in another episode, that he had great hair and there was no danger of a receeding hairline or balding. I really think she said receeding hairline. That led to believe they did not get their hair wet while skinny dipping nor has she seen him in a stiff breeze.

Courtney seemed the most relaxed at home and we saw a glimpse in the outtakes. Always we get to see more in the outtakes. That strained marriage ceremony was torturous.

I am looking forward to WTA and ATFR. Something authentic behavior is bound to show up on those.

One thing I don't understand is this: if Ben has an issue with his hair loss, why on earth doesn't he spend some money to do something about adding hair? It's not that expensive, and he can surely afford it. He could have even asked the show to do it for him...

what reminds me of Merideth of Ian is that CH tried to get her to open her mind and explore other possibilities but after that first date with Ian her mind was made up and she closed herself off to any of the other guys...thats how I feel about this season...she caught his eye when she got out of the car but it was their first date during the 2nd episode that said it all to me and I said then it was game, set, and match....that it was all over but the eliminations and the crying
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    One thing I don't understand is this: if Ben has an issue with his hair loss, why on earth doesn't he spend some money to do something about adding hair? It's not that expensive, and he can surely afford it. He could have even asked the show to do it for him...
    He may do that down the line. I doubt the show would have paid and the process takes a long time and is evident as you go through it. They fixed Matts teeth, I do remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    Maybe he's in the "teen" stage...my youngest son just went through a stage where his hair looked like a mop on his head. This kid has always been conservative, nice short hair. All of a sudden, he decided to let his hair grow and look horrible! <-- sorry son if you ever read this, but it did. No matter how much pleading, he would NOT get it cut, until he was ready and his stage was over.

Thank God.

Here's the thing. As I see it, Ben fell hook line and sinker for the model the minute she walked out of the limo. Apparently she checks all his boxes, if you know what I mean. He has admitted he wasn't ready to get married, so that in itself is refreshing I guess when it comes to this show. So, she's Mrs. Right Now in his eyes (and other body parts). As a result, I think he's definitely been going through the motions with the rest of the group, much like Meredith with Ian. What he hasn't been privy to, until watching the show along with the rest of us, is the behind-the-scenes Courtney who is not just "edgy" but mean, and who is, many think, just plain WEIRD. Perhaps he's fine with that. I don't frankly see her keeping him for long after the cameras stop rolling and the magazines stop calling, but maybe he's fine with that too.

He's far and away NOT my favourite Bachelor ever, but at this point I blame the producers more than the lead for how much of a trainwreck this season has been for many people. Ben is a dud to much of the viewing audience. He's been given a group of lovely women but seems disinterested and removed from all but one, aside from a few smooches when the opportunity presents itself. He seems to love the attention more than anything, and the one giving him the most attention right from the start was The Model.

She had him at "hello" or whatever words of genius came out of her mouth on the first night. We're just seeing the fallout of the show when the lead chooses someone immediately that the viewers hate, and for whom there is no redemption no matter how much they try to interject these 'talking heads' of regret for her behaviour.

This of course is my speculation. And honestly after the skinny dipping, I'd be shocked if he chose someone else and they actually were still with him.
    kateb, mesachick, ilja and 3 others like this.

He has admitted he wasn't ready to get married, so that in itself is refreshing I guess when it comes to this show.
    But these women don't really know this. They are expecting a ring at the end of it and they talk about marriage constantly. Whomever he chooses is going to be mighty disappointed.
    Pandora2 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Very good post, Sweetpea. But, as bad as she is (or probably because she is so bad) Courtney has saved the season for me. The other girls, Lindze and Kasey in particular, seem like really sweet and nice women. But there is no drama with them. No spark thast I can see between them and Ben. And Ben is not showing any personality that would make me want to continue to watch on a regular basis. But, I eagerly look forward to watching the Monday night "Courtney Show". How and who will the tarantula strike next?
    sweetpea, Shoepie, kateb and 3 others like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I think this is one of the reasons why the rules are in place (like meeting a Bachelor in his room or whisking him off for a skinny dip). So that one girl doesn't start to get that distinct advantage over the others. Personally, I think that instead of the camera man following Courtney around hoping for a glimpse of a naked model, he should have told a producer, so it never happened at all. That really was the end of the show. Bing!
    kateb, Nice'n'Easy, ilja and 2 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Closed Thread