Closed Thread
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree752Likes

Thread: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Well, I agree there probably isn't anything he could have said to really make it 'better' but that doesn't mean he shouldn't offer up something, IMO. He just seems so cold sometimes, I often wonder if that is his defense mechanism for when he feels uncomfortable. To distance himself emotionally and (apparently) verbally. The more I think about it, the more I believe Ben's personality isn't cut out to be the lead of this show. He just comes across as so strange sometimes, so awkward and distant and unfeeling. IDK, I realize we only see parts of him and highly edited at that, but I really see more of a boy than a man.
    So, his saying sorry wasn't enough? He tried to say something else, and she said no need,he cant win or losing

No, I agree he did try a bit, but it just seemed kind of hollow at that point. Maybe you're right, there really wasn't much he could do to make things better as she was so upset, but I'd want to know "why" as well.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

No, I agree he did try a bit, but it just seemed kind of hollow at that point. Maybe you're right, there really wasn't much he could do to make things better as she was so upset, but I'd want to know "why" as well.
    I agree. I'd certainly want to know. Love the definition of hollow too - seems befitting of Ben for the most part of this season. He seems to really be phoning in his performances. I wonder if doing this to get publicity for his winery was worth all of this for him.
    Midol likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I doubt that moment would be the right time to tell her( I havent seen anyone explain the why)as they let the girl , or guy go. Not once. If he runs after someone ,thats wrong .If he says 'I am so sorry " that wrong I dont think he's devoid of emotion .

jmho of course

No hometown date with EVER top Meredith and Matthew and the AV. I'll bet Mere still has nightmares.....much like the ones I have over Ben's haircut.

Kacie's htd was just beyond awkward. I could hardly watch. Whether or not she's right for Ben, I felt bad for her that her parents don't seem to trust her enough to know her own feelings. Hopefully, she can move on from this and, not only find a guy who's better than Ben, but also exert her independence. I'd also hope that her parents stop treating her like a teenager.

Ben in the Western gear? UGH. He looked like such a dweeb. The 'do wasn't helping with the cowboy hat either.

I've dated guys who dressed horribly and thought they were fashion plates. I thought they didn't know any better, but it turns out they thought they not only looked great, but had impeccable taste. I can't imagine Ben watching himself on this show and not thinking, "Man, I need to get a haircut. I didn't realize how bad my hair looks." Sadly, I'll bet he won't.
    mesachick and Midol like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I doubt that moment would be the right time to tell her( I havent seen anyone explain the why)as they let the girl , or guy go. Not once. If he runs after someone ,thats wrong .If he says 'I am so sorry " that wrong I dont think he's devoid of emotion .

jmho of course
    I don't know how you could have missed other Bachelors and Bachelorettes giving a reason as to why as they walked out the person they didn't give a rose too in the latter stages of the show. I've seen it plenty. They do it much more often than not, which is why the wondering of why Ben didn't have anything coherent to say to Kacie.
    BTW, dzigner and nanarama like this.

Finally getting to watch it online tonight.

Lindzi's date

Not much to say. Was my favorite of the night.

Kacie's date

I pretty much agree with everybody who said that her parents did good by scaring off Ben.

I'm from Texas, and although we consider Tennessee to be a Southern state, we think of it more as a hillbilly state (sorry to anybody from Tenn reading this!). When I think of Tenn, I think of Elvis, country music (which I don't like), and Granny brewing up her moonshine for Jed and the clan. As a kid, I was raised to believe "Deep South" meant places like Georgia, South Carolina, and maybe Virginia since it was one of the original colonies and home of the Confederacy.

Speaking of which, I want to comment on Kacie's father's accent. Now, don't get me wrong here. I totally respect her parents and their beliefs. In fact, I pretty much agreed with them. As a Texan, though, I just have to say that his accent made me wince. It reminded me of a West Texas accent, which is considered "the sticks" by the rest of our state.

Nicki's Date

And continuing on this snobby theme, I'm from Dallas, and around here we pretty much think that most Ft. Worther's are like Ben in his all-grown-up cowboy outfit. I will say, though, that I have visited the Stockyards and loved it, so I was glad to see it on TV.

I wonder how long Ben and Nicki kept those boots on? Real cowboy boots are uncomfortable to wear. Since they're designed to hook on a horse's stirrup, they cut into the sole of your foot. Then again, those boots that Ben wore didn't look like they had that distinctive heel. Maybe he was wearing a special pair of tenderfoot boots.

When Nicki climbed onto the bed with her mother, did anybody else think "Middle school girls at a sleepover?" That just looked weird.

Was a tad bit surprised that Nicki didn't know about her parents' wedding. As a kid I used to love looking at the photo album of my parents' wedding. I just can't believe they never talked about it all these years.

Speaking of which, was it her father who said marriage is a gamble? That really chapped my hide. Like somebody said here earlier, it's about commitment and hard work. Comparing marriage to some random thing like a crap game in Vegas is just wrong.

Courtney's Date

That was just weird seeing her with her semi-normal family. It reminded me vaguely of when a serial killer is busted and people say on the news, "But he came from such a nice family! We just don't see how this could happen!"

Notice that Courtney was still Courtney, though. She wore a dress that, er, allowed a generous view when she sat down with her mother. She also had to tug on the skirt when she sat down with her sister. Big surprise.

When Courtney was standing at the "altar," I just wanted to reach through the screen and shake her. All that fidgeting, hair tugging, etc. just drove me insane. Good thing that wasn't a real wedding or the guests would have been giving her dirty looks.
    ButterflyFaery and Fanny Mare like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

after a decade of the bachelor, when will ABC put out "BLACK BACHELOR"!!!??? seriously this needs to happen. Black bachelor with his choosing of white/azn/black/latina ladies. Tired of watching these same ol' bland caucasians.

Just a reminder: posters are allowed to voice their opinions about the show and its participants. Calling them out or mocking them is not going to be tolerated. Please be respectful of your fellow posters!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well, I agree there probably isn't anything he could have said to really make it 'better' but that doesn't mean he shouldn't offer up something, IMO. He just seems so cold sometimes, I often wonder if that is his defense mechanism for when he feels uncomfortable. To distance himself emotionally and (apparently) verbally. The more I think about it, the more I believe Ben's personality isn't cut out to be the lead of this show. He just comes across as so strange sometimes, so awkward and distant and unfeeling. IDK, I realize we only see parts of him and highly edited at that, but I really see more of a boy than a man.
    His defense mechanism for when he feels uncomfortable is to go in for the kiss, but under the circumstance, as he's showing her the door, even a dufus like him knows it's inappropriate.
    dzigner, sweetpea, kateb and 4 others like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Closed Thread