Closed Thread
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree752Likes

Thread: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Actually the Bachelor normally does offer some sort of explanation when it gets down to this point of the show, if not before, especially when he has such a good connection with the contestant like what Ben appeared to have with Kacie. Ben could have had as much time as he wanted to talk to Kacie (if she'd wanted to). The whole thing just seemed really awkward to me. I don't think Ben is a man of many words. I imagine we'll see Kacie wanting an explanation from Ben at the WTA.
    We'll see. I think this seen this show has been edited to death. ( not the first time though)
    RoxyKnox likes this.

If Ben did in fact offer Kacie an explanation, why would they edit it out? Do they dislike their lead as much as their viewing audience seems to, if you believe the blogs and tweets about him? It seems every show he gets worse and worse. If Courtney is F1 and they are in love, they sure aren't going to come out of this as the latest golden couple of the franchise. It's like the show has washed it's hands of them already. Makes you go...hmmmmm....
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    If Ben did in fact offer Kacie an explanation, why would they edit it out? Do they dislike their lead as much as their viewing audience seems to, if you believe the blogs and tweets about him? It seems every show he gets worse and worse. If Courtney is F1 and they are in love, they sure aren't going to come out of this as the latest golden couple of the franchise. It's like the show has washed it's hands of them already. Makes you go...hmmmmm....

With him being such an inconsiderate, inarticulate doofus - I'm sure what we saw is all he had to say.
    RoxyKnox, mesachick and Midol like this.

I don't like Ben any more than most of the rest of you, but lets be fair. What could he have possibly said to her?

How about..."I like you a lot but I like these othere ladies better"? Or, maybe, "I don't think your parents and I are compatible"? Or, "You're not my type"? Or, "I'm just looking for a bed partner and I don't think that will work with you"? Or maybe, "You're a great kid, but I want a woman"? I don't think there was a thing that he could have said that would not have made a bad situation worse.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I don't like Ben any more than most of the rest of you, but lets be fair. What could he have possibly said to her?

How about..."I like you a lot but I like these othere ladies better"? Or, maybe, "I don't think your parents and I are compatible"? Or, "You're not my type"? Or, "I'm just looking for a bed partner and I don't think that will work with you"? Or maybe, "You're a great kid, but I want a woman"? I don't think there was a thing that he could have said that would not have made a bad situation worse.

They obviously had some sort of connection and he could have said something to TRY and comfort her - but he didn't say anything. Whenever someone gets the boot it is very awkward for the lead to say goodbye, but he seems like he wants to say "don't let the door hit ya" to all of them and then run Courtney upstairs like Rhett did to Scarlett. He didn't even walk Emily out last week. He's just SO insensitive! The person at ABC who had a hand in getting him to be The Bachelor should be fired
    Last edited by jucamer; 02-21-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    RoxyKnox, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post

How about..."I like you a lot but I like these other ladies better"? Or, maybe, "I don't think your parents and I are compatible"? Or, "You're not my type"? Or, "I'm just looking for a bed partner and I don't think that will work with you"? Or maybe, "You're a great kid, but I want a woman"? I don't think there was a thing that he could have said that would not have made a bad situation worse.
    Nope, I dont either.She was way too upset to hear anything

I have mixed feelings about Ben not saying anything to Kacie when she left. In a way it felt awkward because she did obviously think they had something going on, but on the other hand, there is really nothing he could have said that wouldn't sting, because it all boils down to "you're not it." And it drives me nuts when they say something like, "you'll be a great partner for someone... just not me..." Spare me the pat on the head!

And I agree that the woman in the skinny jeans is probably Ashley. She does have kinda distinctive legs...
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I kept hoping that one of the eliminated girls would have the nerve to just, quickly, walk out, saying nothing, when he says, "Can I walk you out?" I wouldn't stand there for his drivel that he wants to say something just to make himself feel better. I was holding my breath for Kacie but, alas, she let me down. I don't think she is woman enough yet.
    Midol likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Blakely tried that at the 2:1 date and he ran after her.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Well, I agree there probably isn't anything he could have said to really make it 'better' but that doesn't mean he shouldn't offer up something, IMO. He just seems so cold sometimes, I often wonder if that is his defense mechanism for when he feels uncomfortable. To distance himself emotionally and (apparently) verbally. The more I think about it, the more I believe Ben's personality isn't cut out to be the lead of this show. He just comes across as so strange sometimes, so awkward and distant and unfeeling. IDK, I realize we only see parts of him and highly edited at that, but I really see more of a boy than a man.
    RoxyKnox, mesachick, ilja and 1 others like this.

Closed Thread