Closed Thread
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree752Likes

Thread: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Her words seemed so heartfelt Bing!
    Have not read the rest of the thread yet so somebody might have mentioned this already, but some of Courtney's vows were straight from the last episode of "Sex and the City "!!! The part about "I am looking for love, consuming can't live without you love." She even said it the same way Carrie Bradshaw did. It was when she and Aleksandr Petrovsky broke up in the hotel room. That's what Carrie said to him!
    navybelle and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    Oh dear... I feel for any man who wants to marry Kacie; I doubt anyone will be good enough for their daughter. And if I were a guy, I think I'd be a little scared to join that family.
    You and me both!! I think she should move out, her dad and mum are treating her like she is still 18. Thats why I always thought she was way way younger.

Yes, they were both wearing the twig rings at her parents' house.

Courtney's mom has kind of the same baby voice as her daughter.
    You mean when they were with her parents? didnt they do the fake marriage thing( shades of Ashley and whats his face) after they met her parents ??
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-21-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Yeah, the fake wedding happened after they visited her parents on the show, but they were wearing the rings at dinner. It was especially odd that as they were walking through the park near the wedding set, there was a voice-over of Ben talking about having met Courtney's parents, which apparently hadn't happened yet in the real sequence of events. Also you could kind of tell that the 'wedding' was earlier in the day from the bright sun.
    I don't think I would have noticed the rings except someone else mentioned that here before the episode ran on the west coast, so I looked while I was watching.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine having a fake wedding for any reason other than a joke with a friend or something -- and even then probably not. I think it's just too sacred of an event to waste on someone you've just started dating (who is also dating 3 other women). But then they went skinny dipping after spending about 6 hours together so maybe everything is in hyper-speed for Courtney.

Well they did the same during Ashley's season.I think the show sets it all up.I thought that with Ash and whoever it was ( sorry the guys name escapes me) I thought the same here as well.

I will have to rewind and see the rings, I didnt notice a big twiggy ring on Ben's finger when he was drinking. Hmm

We are off topic, but I truly don't remember Ashley exchanging vows with anyone. In Taiwan, a group date had the three guys put on wedding outfits, and Ashley as well, but no vows were exchanged, just photos taken per the date exercise. Is this what you are alluding to?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

My understanding is that this is the lowest rated Bachelor season in years. Perhaps, they think by bringing in a glimpse of Emily next week, people will be pumped.
    I couldn't stand Emily on Brad's season - not sure how many out there like her. I hope she has some good men, because I always get snookered into this show.
    Pandora2 likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Yeah, the fake wedding happened after they visited her parents on the show, but they were wearing the rings at dinner. It was especially odd that as they were walking through the park near the wedding set, there was a voice-over of Ben talking about having met Courtney's parents, which apparently hadn't happened yet in the real sequence of events. Also you could kind of tell that the 'wedding' was earlier in the day from the bright sun.
    I don't think I would have noticed the rings except someone else mentioned that here before the episode ran on the west coast, so I looked while I was watching.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine having a fake wedding for any reason other than a joke with a friend or something -- and even then probably not. I think it's just too sacred of an event to waste on someone you've just started dating (who is also dating 3 other women). But then they went skinny dipping after spending about 6 hours together so maybe everything is in hyper-speed for Courtney.
    I was the one that wrote asking why Ben met with Courtney's parents so early in the day when all the other dates they left the parents house during the night. Another poster asked if they were wearing the twig rings and I asked if people would check that out. Obviously, it was edited to seem that the mock wedding came after meeting the folks when in fact it happened before. It was bright sunlight during the wedding and the sun seemed to be setting as they left her house. I really don't know why they would edit it differently as it has no effect on the plot but they obviously felt the need. Sometimes strange little things like this peek my interest...clearly, since Ben bores me so.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I know you guys really hate Courtney but i really think if she wasn't here i'd have fallen asleep on episode 2.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76 View Post
    I think Kacie's hometown went the best; her family saved her!
    I didn't get to see the show until late, but ITA with this. I was sure Kacie would be F2 (with Courtney as F1), but as soon as I saw the HTD I knew she was gone. But I also think it went really well!

Kacie's family may be protective of her, but frankly, her parents were right. While I am so sad that she got hurt, she really won in the end by not being stuck dealing with him any longer. I just feel sorry for Lindzey and Nicki for being saddled with him a bit longer.

I also have to agree with those of y'all saying he is one of the worst bachelors. Of the ones I've seen the full season of in recent years (Jason onward), he is the worst for me. I really don't get his allure to any of these women. Do they have no standards whatsoever? He's easily manipulated, a total hormone-driven dolt, and I keep wishing the hosts from What Not To Wear will force their way onto the show and make him get decent clothes and a decent haircut.
    Midol and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    We are off topic, but I truly don't remember Ashley exchanging vows with anyone. In Taiwan, a group date had the three guys put on wedding outfits, and Ashley as well, but no vows were exchanged, just photos taken per the date exercise. Is this what you are alluding to?
    Oh yeah, I do remember that. Wasn't it her and William, on their first date?

Closed Thread