Closed Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree599Likes

Thread: 2/13 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/13 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

I am SO hoping for an ATFR worthy of the Ben-Courtney fiasco. If he's still drooling over her, I'll change the channel so as not to lose my dinner! Would love a good WTA, too, but they're usually disappointing.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I found it on YouTube. The line was said by someone in a teary voice while they were showing someone with a ruffly gown getting into a helicopter: "I thought I was ready to be a wife and a mom, but there's no way I can do that right now." It doesn't sound like Courtney. The gown looks dark blue, not black.
    I looked it up, too, and you are correct. However, that doesn't mean those words were spoken at the FRC. Maybe the girl has second thoughts next week after seeing Ben interact with her family, and that's just her polite way of saying, "Eww."

Warrenn said:

The red flag when a woman doesn't have any women friends is just a red flag--a warning. There's usually two reasons a woman doesn't have any women friends:

1. She's not a girly-girl and isn't interested in typical girl drama
    2. She's a psycho and the only people who will hang around her want to sleep with her. She considers the guys "friends", but they're really horndogs waiting for their opportunity. They may also be Nice Guys(tm) who think they can fix her.
    That was totally me growing up, and even today. However, I'm very friendly by nature and so get along with most people I meet, of both sexes. It's just that I'm still a tomboy at heart and don't like doing some typically feminine things, like shopping. I'd rather be watching my team, the Cowboys.
    Last edited by Babbred; 02-16-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    Midol likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I looked it up, too, and you are correct. However, that doesn't mean those words were spoken at the FRC. Maybe the girl has second thoughts next week after seeing Ben interact with her family, and that's just her polite way of saying, "Eww."

Warrenn said:

That was totally me growing up, and even today. However, I'm very friendly by nature and so get along with most people I meet, of both sexes. It's just that I'm still a tomboy at heart and don't like doing some typically feminine things, like shopping. I'd rather be watching my team, the Cowboys.

This is totally me too (not a girly-girl). Although my team is the Redskins. Love football! Giants did our division proud! Courtney seems to fit the 2nd definition to a T.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by warrenn View Post
    The red flag when a woman doesn't have any women friends is just a red flag--a warning. There's usually two reasons a woman doesn't have any women friends:

1. She's not a girly-girl and isn't interested in typical girl drama
    2. She's a psycho and the only people who will hang around her want to sleep with her. She considers the guys "friends", but they're really horndogs waiting for their opportunity. They may also be Nice Guys(tm) who think they can fix her.

Courtney is the latter type. Ben! Wake up! Heed the warning!
    I don't think the first one is a red flag at all, and I don't think you have to be a tomboy to not want to put up with drama. I consider myself very girly, and most of my closest friends are guys. The girlfriends I do have, I've known most of my life, because it's harder to put on an act with someone who's known you for 20+ years. Its harder for me to trust girls I've just met because a lot of them ARE very catty and overly dramatic. And the only guys in my past who've had a problem with my male friends or who thought it was a red flag were guys who were jealous and controlling. They didn't last because I don't tolerate drama from boys either!

I do totally agree with your second point though. Courtney is a psycho, and that's why she doesn't have girlfriends. I bet if you talked to her 'guy friends' they haven't been around for more than a few years. I'd add another red flag to your list-if a person doesn't have long term friends (at least 5+ years) then you need to be wary. There MAY be extenuating circumstances, like a big move, but in this day and age, it's so much easier to keep in touch with people far away. Someone like Courtney is likely too wrapped up in herself and too fake to sustain a long term friendship.

I mean, she can't even get along with a group of girls for a short period of time. I can't imagine being on a show like this and almost completely isolating yourself from people you have to be around, day and night, for weeks on end with very few distractions. They don't have tv, they don't have internet, the only time they get out is for these dates and the cocktail parties. I'd make a point to hang out with the other women out of sheer boredom. I mean, even though sometimes people just aren't going to click, how hard is it really to be polite to people you only have to see for about eight weeks maximum (assuming the best and you stay until the final rose?) Instead Courtney seems to revel in purposely needling the other girls. I remember during the Top Chef All Stars season there was an argument over if Marcel was really as annoying as he came across on tv. Well I said it then-if one or two people don't like someone, that can be chalked up to personality differences. But when EVERYONE hates that one person.... the only girl who has stuck up for Courtney was Casey with everyone else hating the girl. So I have to believe that Courtney is being portrayed pretty accurately, and she really is a psycho.

Too bad only three of the girls have approached Ben about the issue. With three, he could still argue it away as just those three not getting along with her. I think a lot of them were possibly scared away by what happened with Emily. I also think Kacie and Nicki speaking to him this week came a little too late. He probably made up his mind weeks ago and he's too invested into this idea of Courtney to back away now.
    Midol and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think Ben's stubborn. The more people try to warn him against Courtney, the more he'll ignore the warnings and dig his heels in. The girls need to let him see for himself, since the "tread lightly" warning to the girls should definitely have told them where his head was at.
    ITA and truthfully his silence about all things Courtney tells far more than any words he could say...I think he has already realized his mistake but like you said the more people try to tell him the more stubborn he will be to resisting it and staying with her to try and prove them wrong which he could never do...a leapord doesn't change its spots and Courtney is not gonna change hers but for a while at least I think Ben will stick with her even if she makes his life a living hell just so he doesn't have to hear "i told you so"
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

For guys it usually boils down to pride. He probably feels that if he dumps her because the others are telling him she is trash, than that means he is admitting in his mind that he is not worthy of a girl like her being interested in him. He seems like one of those guys that really cares a lot about looks, and the idea of a model not being truly in love with him is just too much of an ego downer to contemplate for his mind.

He clearly is not in a place where he is ready to settle down. He is still in the playing the field mode, and the on the prowl for the hot girls mode. I hope again like I have said before that all the girls escape this nonsense.

I just read some of the stuff people are tweeting to Ben -- similar to some of our views about 'what the hell are you thinking?' so I think he is getting that a lot, as people watch the show each week.

So if he does pick Courtney, it is getting worse and worse each week. He has to dig in and try to ignore it. Worst case scenario: This sets up a "you & me vs. the world" situation, which can make a couple stronger. And if that works for them, at least they're both out of the dating pool!

FORT Fan

Do not post much, but love to read the comments after the show....Just my opinion...but, do you not think that as soon as the skinny dipping commenced, that Ben's choice was made....how do you retract that? How do you explain to another woman on the show that you let Courtney have her way with you, and then a few weeks later you got down on one knee and proposed to one of the other women? It seems to me that that one moment was the deciding factor in the whole show?

It certainly took the show to a whole new level at that point, livinvicarious. Sure, we've had snuggles and snogs in the hot tub, etc, but no fully naked romping when there are still so many women on the show who are potential F1's. I don't honestly know how you can go back from that? I mean, I realize that most of the time the 'proposal' is a sham at the very least, but still, you'd have to be completely dense to think it was cool to run around nekkid with full-front kissing (and who knows what else) with someone other than the last girl standing, and it would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    It certainly took the show to a whole new level at that point, livinvicarious. Sure, we've had snuggles and snogs in the hot tub, etc, but no fully naked romping when there are still so many women on the show who are potential F1's. I don't honestly know how you can go back from that? I mean, I realize that most of the time the 'proposal' is a sham at the very least, but still, you'd have to be completely dense to think it was cool to run around nekkid with full-front kissing (and who knows what else) with someone other than the last girl standing, and it would be ok.
    This is why I can't wait to see WTA - I am dying to see what the other women have to say about Ben when they found out about the skinny dipping.....

Closed Thread