Closed Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree599Likes

Thread: 2/13 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/13 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Ben should be more than a little concerned about Courtney's admission that she doesn't really have girlfriends, only guy friends. Hey Ben, RED FLAG waving. Try really, really hard to put your brain in gear. How many guy friends do you want your girlfriend/fiancee/wife to have?
    jucamer, Midol and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    What if it was as simple as Courtney wanted exposure? She chose to go on this show and be the villian - and give them tons of material so she got air time and was the one we talked about? Does that mean she is a bad person? I don't know. Does it mean she didn't fall for Ben? I don't know. Does it mean the person we see on TV is anything like the real Courtney? I don't know. Ben definitely appears to be smitten with her. But again, I don't know. I have seen this much more with the Bachelors then the Bachelorettes, right or wrong - THEY DON'T CARE HOW THE PERSON IS TO THE OTHER WOMEN. It is all about how she treats him. We have seen that phenomenon time and time again on this show. And unfortunately, I have seen this in real life too - guys don't really care about how a woman treats other people, they care about how she treats them. And no, not all men are this way, thank goodness. But enough of them are.
    There you go again , making sense!
    KatesMom likes this.

Just now getting around to watching it online.

--At the beginning, when the girls get out of the airplane, who was that wearing the torn white jeans? OMG, I work in a high school with a strict dress code, and those pants would get a student packed off to detention, or a harried parent coming to deliver another pair. Shame on that woman. It looked tacky.

--After Lindzi finds out she got the first date, she says in an ITM "Maybe Iím realizing that it's really real now, and itís really scary." A blogger made a great observation: this is the same line that was used in a voiceover during a promo at the end of the pilot. Only then, it was used over shots of the FRC to make people think one of the girls had dumped Ben at the very end. Boooo, you naughty producers!

--When Ben comes to pick up Lindzi, did you see the looks the other women gave him? Yikes. It was practically a foreshadowing of the sharks.

--Just before they jump out, Lindzi says, "He's worth the fall." I bet she really regrets that now...

--Speaking of which, just before they jumped I noticed the helicopter tilted away from them. Somebody here mentioned the pilot and the weight shifting and I'm so bored I'm noticing these trivial little details...

--What the heck is Emily doing here? She's an epidemiologist, for Pete's sake. Those are the people from the Centers for Disease Control who run around the world chasing Ebola or race to save thousands when an E. coli outbreak occurs here in the States. She's sexy, she's brainy, and she's cool, what with her rapping and all. Does Ben think girls like her are just nerds? Honey, he is SO far beneath you. And you, Ben. The fact that you would dump her for Courtney is so pathetic it's beyond words. (Forget this crud with Ben and Courtney. Let's have a show about Emily. "Bond girl busts diseases and comes up with poetry over after-dinner cocktails." I'll watch! )

--Speaking of which, a blogger pointed out that you could tell Emily was going to go home by her dinner with Ben. After her lovely invitation to come meet her parents, he doesn't say anything about that but simply praises their date. I wonder if Emily picked up on that. Probably not since she cried at the end.

--"Snap"? Did I mention that I worked in a high school? Like, OMG, that is so like, something one of my students would say!

--I'm glad that the scenery was gorgeous on that last date. It made up for the ugliness of the people on it. In fact, I turned down the volume on this part so I could simply enjoy myself watching the background.

--Watching Ben carry that glass up the pyramid, I kept expecting him to fall over and smash it. Maybe they did and it just wasn't aired. Bet Courtney made him clean up the mess. Ben, you're in trouble if you two are still together. Does she make you vaccum, too?

--Another great observation from a blog: notice how during their toast she's looking away. "Probably was trying to count in her head how many different ways there are to emasculate a man on national television."

--"Snap. Pack your bags, girls." Did I mention that I'm a teacher in a high school? That Courtney reminds me of one of my students? I was too busy calculating the angle of that helicopter and the velocity of Ben's hair from earlier.

--"The other women won't get to know me." (Cue sad music. ) Scarlett O' Hara never whined; she made it clear she didn't give a toss what the other girls thought about her. She just concentrated on flirting with their lil' ol' BF's at the barbeque and stealing them away while the girls gave her nasty looks. Just shows once again how wussy modern girls are.

--On the group date Rachel looks like she's wearing prison stripes. At least she coordinated with Ben, though. Awww, isn't that cute? Go to jail together, stay together! (No insult to Dr. Seuss intended; I just wanted to coordinate with Ben and Rachel.)

--I love that opening shot. Women in bikinis treading water with sharks floating around. Didn't I see this in a promo for a B movie last summer?

--A marine biologist wrote in to a blog and said that those sharks were basically harmless. Their teeth are so small that it would basically be like getting nipped by your cat. Or as the writer put it, "a shark hickey."

--"We had a late night last night. [smirk, play with hair] Two of them are going home tonight, hee hee hee." Did I mention that I'm a teacher in a high school and that she sounds and looks like one of my students? My cat thought I was her catnip toy a moment ago, so I was too busy cleaning up the blood to notice.

--"Tread lightly." Revenge for Emily! Ben, if you insult a girl, you insult her tribe (unless you're Courtney, who doesn't have one). Boy, you just got dissed. Oh, yeah! (As one of my students loves to say.)

--So Courtney's getting drunk, making a fool of herself, and referencing (once) popular rock songs. Did I mention that I'm a TEACHER in a high school and that she reminds me of my students? I've been drinking too many pina coladas to remember.

--The music swells as Ben strides purposefully up the shadowy path towards the women. Mwah hah hah! What villain approacheth to attack these fair maidens? Sorry. I'm thinking of the show I actually like watching on ABC. (That would be "Once Upon a Time."

--Courtney skips up to collect her rose and talks in a baby voice, using trite phrases. Did I mention that I'm a TEACHER in a high school and that she reminds me of my students? I'm sorry. My head is filled with visions of Robert Carlyle's sexy accent and Prince Charming's sexy good looks, so I'm kind of out of it.

--Courtney and the tarantula: they say that some creatures are just drawn to some people...that animal instinct. BTW, did I mention that I'm a teacher and that Courtney sounds like my students? I was too busy asking our biology teacher what the mating habits of that spider was, so I wasn't paying attention.

Final Summary: I'm so glad I watched the dog show on Monday instead. The dogs were so much cuter, and that Pekingese definitely had better hair than Ben or Courtney!
    NFL1, YorkieMom, LuckyMom and 8 others like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Just now getting around to watching it online.

--At the beginning, when the girls get out of the airplane, who was that wearing the torn white jeans? OMG, I work in a high school with a strict dress code, and those pants would get a student packed off to detention, or a harried parent coming to deliver another pair. Shame on that woman. It looked tacky.

--After Lindzi finds out she got the first date, she says in an ITM "Maybe Iím realizing that it's really real now, and itís really scary." A blogger made a great observation: this is the same line that was used in a voiceover during a promo at the end of the pilot. Only then, it was used over shots of the FRC to make people think one of the girls had dumped Ben at the very end. Boooo, you naughty producers!

--When Ben comes to pick up Lindzi, did you see the looks the other women gave him? Yikes. It was practically a foreshadowing of the sharks.

--Just before they jump out, Lindzi says, "He's worth the fall." I bet she really regrets that now...

--Speaking of which, just before they jumped I noticed the helicopter tilted away from them. Somebody here mentioned the pilot and the weight shifting and I'm so bored I'm noticing these trivial little details...

--What the heck is Emily doing here? She's an epidemiologist, for Pete's sake. Those are the people from the Centers for Disease Control who run around the world chasing Ebola or race to save thousands when an E. coli outbreak occurs here in the States. She's sexy, she's brainy, and she's cool, what with her rapping and all. Does Ben think girls like her are just nerds? Honey, he is SO far beneath you. And you, Ben. The fact that you would dump her for Courtney is so pathetic it's beyond words. (Forget this crud with Ben and Courtney. Let's have a show about Emily. "Bond girl busts diseases and comes up with poetry over after-dinner cocktails." I'll watch! )

--Speaking of which, a blogger pointed out that you could tell Emily was going to go home by her dinner with Ben. After her lovely invitation to come meet her parents, he doesn't say anything about that but simply praises their date. I wonder if Emily picked up on that. Probably not since she cried at the end.

--"Snap"? Did I mention that I worked in a high school? Like, OMG, that is so like, something one of my students would say!

--I'm glad that the scenery was gorgeous on that last date. It made up for the ugliness of the people on it. In fact, I turned down the volume on this part so I could simply enjoy myself watching the background.

--Watching Ben carry that glass up the pyramid, I kept expecting him to fall over and smash it. Maybe they did and it just wasn't aired. Bet Courtney made him clean up the mess. Ben, you're in trouble if you two are still together. Does she make you vaccum, too?

--Another great observation from a blog: notice how during their toast she's looking away. "Probably was trying to count in her head how many different ways there are to emasculate a man on national television."

--"Snap. Pack your bags, girls." Did I mention that I'm a teacher in a high school? That Courtney reminds me of one of my students? I was too busy calculating the angle of that helicopter and the velocity of Ben's hair from earlier.

--"The other women won't get to know me." (Cue sad music. ) Scarlett O' Hara never whined; she made it clear she didn't give a toss what the other girls thought about her. She just concentrated on flirting with their lil' ol' BF's at the barbeque and stealing them away while the girls gave her nasty looks. Just shows once again how wussy modern girls are.

--On the group date Rachel looks like she's wearing prison stripes. At least she coordinated with Ben, though. Awww, isn't that cute? Go to jail together, stay together! (No insult to Dr. Seuss intended; I just wanted to coordinate with Ben and Rachel.)

--I love that opening shot. Women in bikinis treading water with sharks floating around. Didn't I see this in a promo for a B movie last summer?

--A marine biologist wrote in to a blog and said that those sharks were basically harmless. Their teeth are so small that it would basically be like getting nipped by your cat. Or as the writer put it, "a shark hickey."

--"We had a late night last night. [smirk, play with hair] Two of them are going home tonight, hee hee hee." Did I mention that I'm a teacher in a high school and that she sounds and looks like one of my students? My cat thought I was her catnip toy a moment ago, so I was too busy cleaning up the blood to notice.

--"Tread lightly." Revenge for Emily! Ben, if you insult a girl, you insult her tribe (unless you're Courtney, who doesn't have one). Boy, you just got dissed. Oh, yeah! (As one of my students loves to say.)

--So Courtney's getting drunk, making a fool of herself, and referencing (once) popular rock songs. Did I mention that I'm a TEACHER in a high school and that she reminds me of my students? I've been drinking too many pina coladas to remember.

--The music swells as Ben strides purposefully up the shadowy path towards the women. Mwah hah hah! What villain approacheth to attack these fair maidens? Sorry. I'm thinking of the show I actually like watching on ABC. (That would be "Once Upon a Time."

--Courtney skips up to collect her rose and talks in a baby voice, using trite phrases. Did I mention that I'm a TEACHER in a high school and that she reminds me of my students? I'm sorry. My head is filled with visions of Robert Carlyle's sexy accent and Prince Charming's sexy good looks, so I'm kind of out of it.

--Courtney and the tarantula: they say that some creatures are just drawn to some people...that animal instinct. BTW, did I mention that I'm a teacher and that Courtney sounds like my students? I was too busy asking our biology teacher what the mating habits of that spider was, so I wasn't paying attention.

Final Summary: I'm so glad I watched the dog show on Monday instead. The dogs were so much cuter, and that Pekingese definitely had better hair than Ben or Courtney!

Bravo Babbred!!!! Best post of the season. BTW, are you by chance a teacher? lol
    dzigner, Coco46 and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

Hilarious and smart, Babbred!

I think that Lindzi's line, "Maybe I’m realizing that it's really real now, and it’s really scary," which a blogger said was made to seem as if it were uttered by Ben's F1 approaching the FRC, was not the actual line we heard to make it seem that Ben gets dumped at the end. I could swear the line was more along the lines of (paraphrasing, since I haven't heard it since then), "I realize now that I'm not ready for marriage." Maybe I'm hallucinating, though. If anyone can find that on YouTube or somewhere, it was in the promo for this season, and I think it was said when we see a woman in a black ruffly gown walking to the FRC, only we see the bottom of the gown moving along and not who is wearing it.

FORT Fogey

I found it on YouTube. The line was said by someone in a teary voice while they were showing someone with a ruffly gown getting into a helicopter: "I thought I was ready to be a wife and a mom, but there's no way I can do that right now." It doesn't sound like Courtney. The gown looks dark blue, not black.

you know since reading Ben's blogs and him just ignoring the negative about Courtney is crazy IMO...but in thinking that the more people bash on her and just about everyone in the bachelor community that blogs has been saying its the Courtney show and she is playing him and what a fool he is...even here we including myself have said he has been played like a fiddle and made a fool of ...then it hit me...you know what...I think the more they talk about how he is being played the longer he will stick with her even if he is miserable and sees her for what she is just to try and prove people wrong

as for the lady who compared her to high school students you are giving her too much credit...I said she acted more like my daughter and her friends who are in MIDDLE SCHOOL..lol

I Don't even think Courtney is on a high school level yet
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 02-16-2012 at 02:33 AM.
    Midol, Babbred and AlwaysVeg like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    YES - I'd much rather watch THIS Emily than the sad sapp shy, protective mom Emily from Brad's season...we'll have to hear all about the NASCAR crash over and over
    Midol and Pandora2 like this.

FORT Regular

The red flag when a woman doesn't have any women friends is just a red flag--a warning. There's usually two reasons a woman doesn't have any women friends:

1. She's not a girly-girl and isn't interested in typical girl drama
    2. She's a psycho and the only people who will hang around her want to sleep with her. She considers the guys "friends", but they're really horndogs waiting for their opportunity. They may also be Nice Guys(tm) who think they can fix her.

Courtney is the latter type. Ben! Wake up! Heed the warning!
    Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

I think Ben's stubborn. The more people try to warn him against Courtney, the more he'll ignore the warnings and dig his heels in. The girls need to let him see for himself, since the "tread lightly" warning to the girls should definitely have told them where his head was at.
    jucamer and Midol like this.

Closed Thread