Closed Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree599Likes

Thread: 2/13 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    While I agree with what you are saying, this is not real life but a show for the purposes of entertaining an audience. We are that audience and for the most part, from what I have been reading, the audience is not happy with Ben, or Courtney, but particularly, they are not happy now that they sense that he picks her...shades of Jake and Vienna all over again. Other "nice" women have warned him, the signs are there for him to see, and he still apparently is choosing her. Whether he likes it or not, whether he feels he needs to justify his actions or not, the producers will MAKE HIM! They don't care about him, or her, or them as a couple, they just care about the ratings...that is why they are editing things the way they are. Someway, somehow, Ben will have to justify his actions because the producers will make him...it drags out the drama, increases ratings, and gets people talking more about the show. It is the public relations mea culpa, not for Ben, but for the show...even if it is at his expense. Sorry Ben, but it is what you signed up for, hope it was worth it.
    I totally agree with it being shades of Vienna and Jake. That was another season I was very unhappy with. The signs were all there for her and continued on with The Bachelor Pad and Casey. Last I heard Casey (who I thought was nice on the Bachelor) finally came to his senses.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, they dont have a good percentage when it comes to couples staying with one another.Even if they date for a year or so, or make it seem like they are, it seldom works out.If Ben chooses who he is attracted to, that's his business. I think he knew all this going into this show, JP and Ben have both said its very different in this house. Jillian said you are out of touch with everything, just the producers that keep asking questions.Its what 8 weeks? hmm I think it has jumped the shark (as I said before )
    Very well put!!! Not sure if I am allowed to mention it, but that is why I am not sure about the Bachelorette being Emily. I would rather see someone new.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-15-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Re: 2/13 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Very well put!!! Not sure if I am allowed to mention it, but that is why I am not sure about the Bachelorette being Emily. I would rather see someone new.
    Thank you.

I didn't care for Emily in Brads season, so I think her season will be pretty dull .Eye candy doesn't hold my interest long enough to watch her, ahem, journey unfold
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    That's how I see it, too. The fact of the matter is that his blogs just ignore what really stands out to most viewers in each episode ... the apology that was rejected, the PI with Courtney "shooting" the other girls, the junior high "see ya, wouldn't want to be ya" in her baby girl sing-song lunatic voice, etc. Funny, every bizarre thing he ignores involves Courtney. And yes, they are obviously BIZARRE things that have a huge impact on the events of this show. There's no mistake that this is the Courtney show, and Ben's blogs ignore all her craziness. That's just weird.
    what I am finding hard to get is that [Courtney's] mother is bashing him to every media outlet she can talking about how he is not near good enough for her darling Courtney

(Edited for possible Spoiler - Ariel)
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-15-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Or maybe he wasnt good at hiding his feelings. He cant give anything away. If she was talking about someone he cares for, if he's like me, or anyone really.It gets your shackles up.
    Or maybe, he just doesn't like to be put in the position where it looks like he has been made a fool of.

First Ashley rejecting him, now the way it has been edited that Courtney is just playing with him.

Ben did not react well with Ashley. Up to that point I didn't really have an opinion of him...he seemed like an OK kind of guy, not better or worse than many his age, boring and with bad hair, but just blah. But, with his reaction there, I saw someone who had a temper and didn't like to be crossed. Still didn't think of him as a bad guy, and I could give him the benifit of a doubt, but it showed a hint of who he is...and we all know that the producers like to throw in hints of the real person in the editing...to keep themselves amused and to tease us. His reaction was out of proportion to the amount of time he spent with Ashley and how he had conducted himself up to that point.

This season, that same behaviour was brought out by Emily's warning about Courtney. How he reacted to her...both times...was telling to me. That man does not handle criticism well. Not a crime and doesn't make him a horrid person, but telling nevertheless.

I think all these things, coupled with the fact that he is not supposed to give away his feelings (good or bad), or the ending, make him frustrated...and I don't think he handles it well...but then, how many of us truly do?
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

I think all these things, coupled with the fact that he is not supposed to give away his feelings (good or bad), or the ending, make him frustrated...and I don't think he handles it well...but then, how many of us truly do?
    You could be right, yes. Its hard to handle something when emotions and feelings get in the way, harder still when you are on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Or maybe, he just doesn't like to be put in the position where it looks like he has been made a fool of.

First Ashley rejecting him, now the way it has been edited that Courtney is just playing with him.

Ben did not react well with Ashley. Up to that point I didn't really have an opinion of him...he seemed like an OK kind of guy, not better or worse than many his age, boring and with bad hair, but just blah. But, with his reaction there, I saw someone who had a temper and didn't like to be crossed. Still didn't think of him as a bad guy, and I could give him the benifit of a doubt, but it showed a hint of who he is...and we all know that the producers like to throw in hints of the real person in the editing...to keep themselves amused and to tease us. His reaction was out of proportion to the amount of time he spent with Ashley and how he had conducted himself up to that point.

This season, that same behaviour was brought out by Emily's warning about Courtney. How he reacted to her...both times...was telling to me. That man does not handle criticism well. Not a crime and doesn't make him a horrid person, but telling nevertheless.

Yeah, I don't handle it well and I'm nearly twice his age. We all sit out here on the outside and have no idea what it is really like being secluded from your everyday life like that. Plus we are so quick to judge the failure of these whirlwind, over the top relationships and how many of us date several different folks before deciding on the right one? The difference is that thank God, no one taped my relationships or folks would probably be saying I'm crazy too, particularly since I am.

I do think Ben is immature in how he chooses his girlfriends but he is still young. Plus, he did mention in on of th early shows that normally his friends like to put in their 2 cents about who he dates which leads me to believe that they are used to Ben making wrong choices.

I do still hope that Ben learns from this and that if Courtney is truly how she has come across on this show that they do break up in the end. I still like Ben a little, at least better than Courtney and want him to be happy in the end.

As for the producers motives, at this point, I couldn't give up watching The Bachelor/ette if someone paid me. I still love it and definitely am enjoying this season much more than Jake and Vienna's season. Vienna wasn't evil, she was just yucky. Courtney seems more evil which at least is not boring.
    Midol and Fanny Mare like this.

Didn't they bring in old bachelor and bachelorettes during Brads season, and Ashley's season. I cant remember, but why on earth do they think these, who failed in their relationships are suddenly experts.

[Edited for possible spoiler]

My guess is damage control. [Courtney's mother is] trying to take the spotlight off her daughter's bad behaviors and turn it on Ben. I just can't wait for WTA and AFTR!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-15-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    ButterflyFaery, jucamer and Midol like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I get what you mean Ija, we don't know what it's like to date several people at once with camera's following you around. plus I'm sure TPTB make them re-do shots over and over again or for lengthy periods. I bet it gets a little frustrating and crazy. I absolutely cringe at the thought of any of my dating life in my 20's being filmed and shown on TV. People would defintely think I was a loony tunes. I'm sure there are a few guys in past who think that as well. Thank the lord I'm older and don't give a c*#p anymore.

Anyway... even though I think doing this show would be frustrating, that doesn't excuse nasty behavior or being a dumba*$s.
    kateb, jucamer and Midol like this.

What if it was as simple as Courtney wanted exposure? She chose to go on this show and be the villian - and give them tons of material so she got air time and was the one we talked about? Does that mean she is a bad person? I don't know. Does it mean she didn't fall for Ben? I don't know. Does it mean the person we see on TV is anything like the real Courtney? I don't know. Ben definitely appears to be smitten with her. But again, I don't know. I have seen this much more with the Bachelors then the Bachelorettes, right or wrong - THEY DON'T CARE HOW THE PERSON IS TO THE OTHER WOMEN. It is all about how she treats him. We have seen that phenomenon time and time again on this show. And unfortunately, I have seen this in real life too - guys don't really care about how a woman treats other people, they care about how she treats them. And no, not all men are this way, thank goodness. But enough of them are.
    ilja, Midol and Fanny Mare like this.

Closed Thread