Closed Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree599Likes

Thread: 2/13 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/13 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I am going to be pretty succinct - Courtney is nothing more than a gold-digger, Narcissus who is in it for the ring and money, not love.
    Her attitude toward the other contestants is hypocritical, and the gun scene in the PI was beyond creepy. I mean, I haven't really seen that in ANY reality show, even more cutthroat ones. (that says something). She reminds me of this lady my grandfather married - and in the end? She divorced him and he had to pay money to her until she got remarried (some time later BTW).

Ben I'm hoping is watching this and IF she is his final pick, I hope he dumps her harder than The one guy did Melissa that season.
    It continues to interest me greatly that Ben never says anything about these scenes in his blog. How can something that extreme just be ignored in his review of events? I'm greatly looking forward to how all this is going to shake out if she is not eliminated after the HTD, and I don't expect her to be eliminated. So here's Ben having chosen a woman who has presented herself as more of a sociopath and a lunatic than any other contestant I can remember. How does he justify choosing (and keeping?) her at that point?
    Midol likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I think it's as simple as Ashley was into Bentley and Jill was into Wes, and as a result, there was good drama to be had by letting those guys remain. OTOH, Ben barely spoke to Casey, and most viewers were hardly aware she was there, and the only drama to come out of her appearance came from kicking her off for having feelings for her ex. And as an added bonus, in doing so, CH could try to "redeem" himself and the producers for whatever backlash they got when they didn't step in last season with Bentley. Talk about closing the barn door after the horse has gone.
    I get what you're saying because Casey was pretty much invisible and she was definitely not going to be the chosen one. So why did that storyline come up? She was a non player in this drama. The CH redemption does make a lot of sense but no one would have known about Casey's ex if it wasn't brought up. Unless they are acknowledging spoilers. And it wasn't dramatic because no one gave a hoot about Casey.

Another thought I had after I posted this was what about Jill and Ed? The producers must have known about the stuff that was going on back at home re:his dalliances. So did they keep that from Jill? Again, it seems like it is protecting the male in the situation and not the female. I know this show is boring (no longer watching) but is it that slow they are manufacturing drama that is not even drama? lol
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

I would say that Courtney and Ben deserve each other, but my fear of their procreating is too great for me to wish for that union.
    Ellen, waywyrd, dzigner and 5 others like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

This season is weird. Ben doesn't talk about the important things you discuss when you are dating. Like whether you want children, your job, your hobbies, etc. He barely mentions his father and he was all about that last season. And he doesn't really talk about his wine business.....at least not that we're shown. Its all superficial.

I miss the days when actual conversations happened. Think Trista and Ryan, Charlie and Sarah, etc. How are we supposed to root for a couple if we don't KNOW them?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    This season is weird. Ben doesn't talk about the important things you discuss when you are dating. Like whether you want children, your job, your hobbies, etc. He barely mentions his father and he was all about that last season. And he doesn't really talk about his wine business.....at least not that we're shown. Its all superficial.

I miss the days when actual conversations happened. Think Trista and Ryan, Charlie and Sarah, etc. How are we supposed to root for a couple if we don't KNOW them?
    I don't think they care if we root for the couple. They just want us to talk about it. They like that Kelly and whoever is her partner recite the stupid conversations on this show the next day. If they actually show people falling in love it is much harder to make fun of. If a couple really falls for each other they might show part of that, like they did with JP and Ashley, but only after the stupid stuff is done and there are less people around. I think they gave up on the idea of a love story a long time ago. Heck at first a good percentage of the couples actually dated for a while (Andrew and Jen, Trista and Ryan, Meredith and Ian, Charlie and Sarah) and while only one marriage happened they did have an actual relationship. Now, I think we are amazed when they even make it through the AFTR. The focus of the show is on travel and personalities now, not really on love. If love happens, that is cool, but it is really just a secondary by-product.
    KatesMom, Midol, Babbred and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    It continues to interest me greatly that Ben never says anything about these scenes in his blog. How can something that extreme just be ignored in his review of events? I'm greatly looking forward to how all this is going to shake out if she is not eliminated after the HTD, and I don't expect her to be eliminated. So here's Ben having chosen a woman who has presented herself as more of a sociopath and a lunatic than any other contestant I can remember. How does he justify choosing (and keeping?) her at that point?
    To be honest, I doubt he will. And I may be in the minority, but I don't think he has to. It is his life and his decision. No one else has to live with it. She's definitely not my favorite, but it doesn't impact my life at all. If he's happy (and even if he's not) he's the one who has to live with the decision he made - and he doesn't owe any of us an explanation. Just because it doesn't match up with what we wished his journey to be, doesn't mean anything. This is his journey and his alone.

Well said Katesmom, very well said.

. So here's Ben having chosen a woman who has presented herself as more of a sociopath and a lunatic than any other contestant I can remember. How does he justify choosing (and keeping?) her at that point?

there have been some other nut jobs in Bachelor seasons past. Who remembers crazy "he is racist because he doesn't like me because I am too pretty!" Sarah from Charlie's season? Or tiara Emily from PLo's snoozefest. There was one who seemed to totally lose her mind during Byron's season. Can't remember her name now.

Ben told one of the women that in his past relationships he fell in love with women who could not love him back. This tells me a lot. My theory is Ben picks women who are emotionally unavailable....possibly emotionally crippled narcissist....who eventually get tired of Ben. So, I would be really surprised if Ben is actually seeing the real Courtney, because she is the type of woman that attracts him. Ben sees her as edgy, being forward, a little weird and the only one there that is really pursuing him. In reality Ben probably does not find the other "normal" women exciting enough.

Courtney is pulling out all the tricks in her bag. She uses sex to draw Ben in, threatens to walk away if he doesn't listen and OBEY her, and convinces Ben it is all of the other women who are mistreating HER. I have noticed how Courtney will go in for a kiss with Ben and pull back quickly. Has anyone else noticed that...like she is teasing him? And I have yet to see scenes with the two of them passionately kissing, which I find a little odd. Maybe they are just not showing those scenes, but I mostly see Courtney "playing" with Ben, kind of like a black widow spider does with its prey.

Considering how angry Ben was when Ashley let him get down on one knee to propose (before rejecting him), I would think that he is feeling some embarrassment while watching these episodes but has too much pride to admit it. There was a picture of Ben in an airport that showed him looking at a rack of magazine covers like People, US Weekly, In Touch, etc. I am pretty sure that he knows what people are saying about Courtney. And what about his family and friends? Can you imagine what they are thinking while watching these episodes?
    Thor, Midol, Babbred and 1 others like this.

He's tweeting that he doesnt care. If that helps.

I am sure he's as happy as Larry and Larry's is pretty happy LOL

Closed Thread