Closed Thread
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree599Likes

Thread: 2/13 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/13 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

I am going to be pretty succinct - Courtney is nothing more than a gold-digger, Narcissus who is in it for the ring and money, not love.

Her attitude toward the other contestants is hypocritical, and the gun scene in the PI was beyond creepy. I mean, I haven't really seen that in ANY reality show, even more cutthroat ones. (that says something).

She reminds me of this lady my grandfather married - and in the end? She divorced him and he had to pay money to her until she got remarried (some time later BTW).

Ben I'm hoping is watching this and IF she is his final pick, I hope he dumps her harder than The one guy did Melissa that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    My dream rose ceremony:

Ben: Courtney.......journey....conn ection....amazing....blah blah. You are the one for me. (drops to one knee and produces ring) Will you marry me?...

Oh-em-gee -- this made me el-oh-el and nearly spit my coffee on the screen!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fan

I'm always late to the party cause I watch the eps on Hulu the next day. This thread has been cracking me up and the show did too. Courtney Courtney Courtney, what a piece of work. How does Ben not see through her? Their whole date I was doing this
    jucamer likes this.

well after reading his blog he has IMO 1 of 2 choices at this point....the low road....do as much damage control as he can or the high road admit he is an idiot and listened to his penis instead of his brains and got played like a fiddle...looks like he is taking the low road and trying to redeem her...forget it Ben not gonna happen....btw...see ya wouldn't wanna be ya
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well after reading his blog he has IMO 1 of 2 choices at this point....the low road....do as much damage control as he can or the high road admit he is an idiot and listened to his penis instead of his brains and got played like a fiddle...looks like he is taking the low road and trying to redeem her...forget it Ben not gonna happen....btw...see ya wouldn't wanna be ya
    winnersmiley.gif Perfect!

BTW, you guys really should listen to Reid's song this week. It was great.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well after reading his blog he has IMO 1 of 2 choices at this point....the low road....do as much damage control as he can or the high road admit he is an idiot and listened to his penis instead of his brains and got played like a fiddle...
    No guy would really admit he did the picking with his penis, would they? Nope, what usually happens is after they get dumped they tell everyone what a witch she was and a user. This is usually their go-to story when they meet a new woman. Unfortunately for some women this does work, oh the poor guy. *gag* It also goes the other way too with some women playing the "victim"

So I read an interesting interview today with Chris Harrison addressing the media last week.

Yes. I'd love to pounce on that a little bit because I've heard this week, "Why did you do it if you didn't do that for Bentley or Wes [Hayden]?"
    He is referring to why the show chose to let Ben know about Casey S still being in love with her ex boyfriend.

I'm of two minds about this. The two most hated male Bachelor contestants, Wes and Bentley didn't have the best intentions towards the Bachelorette. Yet when it is a woman who may not have the best intentions towards the male Bachelor SHE gets called out on it. I could make a case either way. Either it is that age old "Bro's before ho's" OR the show is really making up crap outta thin air.

On one hand, you can't really tell someone that the person they like aren't good for them. Gawd knows how many times I tried to get my friends (both male and female) to see what everyone else saw. That the person they were involved with may not have good intentions. It never works. They have to learn on their own. So I can see why Chris chose not to get too involved with the situation and to let them figure it out on their own.

On the other hand, why choose to get involved further when it involves a man who may be deceived by a woman? It could be considered misogynistic that he wanted to "protect" one of his own, rather than the women who were the lead. I honestly don't think Jillian would have chosen Wes, not too sure about Ashley and Bentley. Wes has never wavered from the fact he didn't have a girlfriend and Bentley never came out and said why he said the things he did. So it could be just the editing, hence the making crap outta thin air theory. Something about this "situation" just doesn't seem to sit well with me. I know that Chris is the talking head of this show and has to keep spewing company lines but it seems that a double standard is rearing its ugly head here. Not to mention that Casey is not the first to have someone back home, and I'd bet that MANY haven't "finished" a relationship or still have feelings for that said someone. Why did they make an example of her and not others?
    Longhornfan and Midol like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

well I called what Bentley did to Ashley emotional abuse and I see no difference here Courtney is doing the same thing to Ben just in a different manner but it is just abuse any way you call it IMO CH said he regreted he didn't step in with Ashley and Bentley but he just sits back and lets it happen again and on top of it all calls out a poor girl who was just trying to find someone new to love to get over a man she knew wasn't good for her....what was wrong with that
    jucamer, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

If Ben chooses Courtney, I'm convinced -- after last night -- that watching this season will do nothing to convince him that he's made a mistake. I think he has bought into her so much that he won't even care -- and if he busts her on saying something particularly snarky, she will convince him that the producers made her do it or it was edited out of context or the other women were evil and out to get her. How else could he so easily dismiss everything everyone says about her?

And I think TPTB made him call her out about her behavior. He's hooked and doesn't care what anyone says.

I was looking forward to ATFR but now I think it may be just as ugly as the rest of the season. Still holding out hope he comes to his senses and picks Lindzi!
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    No guy would really admit he did the picking with his penis, would they? Nope, what usually happens is after they get dumped they tell everyone what a witch she was and a user. This is usually their go-to story when they meet a new woman. Unfortunately for some women this does work, oh the poor guy. *gag* It also goes the other way too with some women playing the "victim"

So I read an interesting interview today with Chris Harrison addressing the media last week.

He is referring to why the show chose to let Ben know about Casey S still being in love with her ex boyfriend.

I'm of two minds about this. The two most hated male Bachelor contestants, Wes and Bentley didn't have the best intentions towards the Bachelorette. Yet when it is a woman who may not have the best intentions towards the male Bachelor SHE gets called out on it. I could make a case either way. Either it is that age old "Bro's before ho's" OR the show is really making up crap outta thin air.

On one hand, you can't really tell someone that the person they like aren't good for them. Gawd knows how many times I tried to get my friends (both male and female) to see what everyone else saw. That the person they were involved with may not have good intentions. It never works. They have to learn on their own. So I can see why Chris chose not to get too involved with the situation and to let them figure it out on their own.

On the other hand, why choose to get involved further when it involves a man who may be deceived by a woman? It could be considered misogynistic that he wanted to "protect" one of his own, rather than the women who were the lead. I honestly don't think Jillian would have chosen Wes, not too sure about Ashley and Bentley. Wes has never wavered from the fact he didn't have a girlfriend and Bentley never came out and said why he said the things he did. So it could be just the editing, hence the making crap outta thin air theory. Something about this "situation" just doesn't seem to sit well with me. I know that Chris is the talking head of this show and has to keep spewing company lines but it seems that a double standard is rearing its ugly head here. Not to mention that Casey is not the first to have someone back home, and I'd bet that MANY haven't "finished" a relationship or still have feelings for that said someone. Why did they make an example of her and not others?
    I think it's as simple as Ashley was into Bentley and Jill was into Wes, and as a result, there was good drama to be had by letting those guys remain. OTOH, Ben barely spoke to Casey, and most viewers were hardly aware she was there, and the only drama to come out of her appearance came from kicking her off for having feelings for her ex. And as an added bonus, in doing so, CH could try to "redeem" himself and the producers for whatever backlash they got when they didn't step in last season with Bentley. Talk about closing the barn door after the horse has gone.

I was looking forward to ATFR [/
    I still am

Closed Thread