Closed Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627
Like Tree507Likes

Thread: 2/6 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 2/6 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    ...I think they figured out that if they hire an immature doofus to play the lead, the show will be trashier and get more attention.
    Bentley as the next Bachelor, with a nightmare cast of contestants including Courtney, Vienna, Michelle Money, and, oh heck, how 'bout some retreads from "Flavor of Love" as well? But don't tell him ahead of time. Now THAT would be an amazing journey!
    jucamer, Babbred and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Maybe if they didn't choose men who cater to the lowest common denominator, they would have a bachelor who would treat women with respect. I wonder if they asked Ames. Apparently, smart classy men like Kiptyn and Reid didn't want to do it. If they bring Ed back as the next bachelor, that's when I sign off this show for good, although I really doubt I'll watch another season of the Bachelor after this! Ben reminds me of a college freshman. I think they figured out that if they hire an immature doofus to play the lead, the show will be trashier and get more attention.

I can't stand Ed - but at least going in you know what you're getting! Most people thought Ben was such a nice, sweet guy with a good head on his shoulders!
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I can't stand Ed - but at least going in you know what you're getting! Most people thought Ben was such a nice, sweet guy with a good head on his shoulders!
    Yeah, Ben's head is making the decisions, but it's not the one on his shoulders!

Actually, I didn't think he was such a sweet guy. He was unnecessarily harsh to Ashley at the end, and that was a red flag to me. He knew when he was one of the contestants that he was more likely to be rejected than to be chosen, and there was no reason for him to respond with his snippy little lecture as he walked away. I see that harshness manifested repeatedly with various women now that he's the lead they're all competing for.
    dzigner, kateb, bamafan and 2 others like this.

I still do. Ed was a drunk.

Yeah, Ben's head is making the decisions, but it's not the one on his shoulders!

Actually, I didn't think he was such a sweet guy. He was unnecessarily harsh to Ashley at the end, and that was a red flag to me. He knew when he was one of the contestants that he was more likely to be rejected than to be chosen, and there was no reason for him to respond with his snippy little lecture as he walked away. I see that harshness manifested repeatedly with various women now that he's the lead they're all competing for.

ITA about his exit last season - the tabs and most of the MB's were saying what a nice guy he was. But IMO you saw the real Ben when Ashley let him go and this season when he was scolding Emily. I didn't care for him last time around and like him even less now. Good riddance...When is Emily's season starting??? Can't be any any worse than this one!

FORT Fogey

ITA about his exit last season - the tabs and most of the MB's were saying what a nice guy he was. But IMO you saw the real Ben when Ashley let him go and this season when he was scolding Emily. I didn't care for him last time around and like him even less now. Good riddance...When is Emily's season starting??? Can't be any any worse than this one!
    Absolutely, Jucamer. When a person is being challenged and things aren't going his way, that's when you can see the truth about him. When everything is fun and hunky-dorey (sp?), it's easy to be all smiles and niceness. From what I've seen of Ben, he can turn on a dime and become harsh, patronizing and critical when he doesn't get his way. Reminds me of Jake the Fake in that regard.
    jucamer, Midol and Babbred like this.

Maybe if they didn't choose men who cater to the lowest common denominator, they would have a bachelor who would treat women with respect. I wonder if they asked Ames. Apparently, smart classy men like Kiptyn and Reid didn't want to do it. If they bring Ed back as the next bachelor, that's when I sign off this show for good, although I really doubt I'll watch another season of the Bachelor after this! Ben reminds me of a college freshman. I think they figured out that if they hire an immature doofus to play the lead, the show will be trashier and get more attention.
    While I was laughing last night at the bizarro world where Ben lives, the sad thing is that the show has become a parody of itself. I personally still want a love story. Oh well.
    jucamer likes this.

Closed Thread