Closed Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree507Likes

Thread: 2/6 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers*

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: 2/6 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Ugh. The only thing we can hope for is a Bachelor that is more grown up than Ben, who doesn't think with his penis, but rather his brain. Some may not like like Brad, but I don't think he would have found Courtney's behavior attractive at all. I just hope that they can find some MEN that would send girls like Courtney packing.
    LOL - good luck with that. These are younger MEN, remember? Having their own personal harem is a dream come true for most young men.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that this is going to set a bad precedent. One girl who has something going for her will jump all over the lead, doing anything and everything, no matter how outrageous, to claim him. That future girl knows it will lead to lots of publicity and so will just be there to see her face on a few magazine covers.

Great. A future of Courtney clones. Something we all have to look forward to.
    I think it was a natural progression with this show. Look how it has everyone talking, as with other shows( BB for one, they are on the camera even in bed with one another) in order for the numbers they want, they have to push the envelope.
    The funniest thing I hear with shows other than this one, its a SHOWmance, give me a break.

I am SO mad - I inadvertently read a spoiler on my FB page. Ashley's season was the first in awhile where I didn't see any spoilers and I enjoyed it so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    LOL - good luck with that. These are younger MEN, remember? Having their own personal harem is a dream come true for most young men.
    I have to disagree. I've met many young men that know how to carry themselves with dignity, charisma, charm and behave like gentlemen. Brad, Andrew, Travis, for starters were complete gentlemen. The problem lies with casting. If they stop recycling and widen the net a bit, they could find those men. I'm just not sure that they want to. Although with what a complete disaster this season has turned into casting a frat boy as the "lead", maybe they'll change their minds.
    sweetpea and Midol like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Brad?? really? I thought he was horrible. Travis I didnt watch, it was a snore fest Andrew was a bit full of himself, didnt finish his season either

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I have to disagree. I've met many young men that know how to carry themselves with dignity, charisma, charm and behave like gentlemen. Brad, Andrew, Travis, for starters were complete gentlemen. The problem lies with casting. If they stop recycling and widen the net a bit, they could find those men. I'm just not sure that they want to. Although with what a complete disaster this season has turned into casting a frat boy as the "lead", maybe they'll change their minds.
    I agree - there ARE many young gentlemen with dignity, charisma and charm. But, those men aren't knocking on the studio door to do the Bachelor. So, we primarily get the guys like Ben who are susceptible to beautiful women scrambling for his attention. It goes to their heads and they react accordingly (immaturely).
    Midol and Babbred like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    I agree - there ARE many young gentlemen with dignity, charisma and charm. But, those men aren't knocking on the studio door to do the Bachelor. So, we primarily get the guys like Ben who are susceptible to beautiful women scrambling for his attention. It goes to their heads and they react accordingly (immaturely).
    I doubt any of the men are knocking on the studio door, which is why they have to recycle, and which is why I said they needed to widen their net. I know that the show approaches women to be on the show, so why not do some research and approach some men as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Brad?? really? I thought he was horrible. Travis I didnt watch, it was a snore fest Andrew was a bit full of himself, didnt finish his season either
    To each their own right? Personally, I prefer to watch women being treated graciously and with respect. It's a lost art it seems.
    ilja, jucamer, Midol and 1 others like this.

To each their own right? Personally, I prefer to watch women being treated graciously and with respect. It's a lost art it seems.
    Yup I didnt think Brad did that at all

FORT Fogey

Maybe if they didn't choose men who cater to the lowest common denominator, they would have a bachelor who would treat women with respect. I wonder if they asked Ames. Apparently, smart classy men like Kiptyn and Reid didn't want to do it. If they bring Ed back as the next bachelor, that's when I sign off this show for good, although I really doubt I'll watch another season of the Bachelor after this! Ben reminds me of a college freshman. I think they figured out that if they hire an immature doofus to play the lead, the show will be trashier and get more attention.

Closed Thread