Closed Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree507Likes

Thread: 2/6 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 2/6 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Agreed. Much better. I think Ryan would have been an interesting match for her.
    I still think Kacie B. and Roberto would be a good match.
    jucamer and Midol like this.

My thoughts about the show have changed alot after these last two episodes. Does anyone else think it seems as if most of the women are losing or have lost interest in Ben? When they do their PIs, their words are par for the course - "Ben is so great!", "I'm falling for Ben.", etc. BUT their body language and facial expressions don't seem to match their words. When Courtney was talking about how she doesn't understand why the other girls aren't more aggressive in chasing after him, I wanted to scream at the TV - "they're just not that into him!" This is the first season that I remember where the women just don't seem that interested in the Bachelor. Maybe it's because they can tell Courtney is the one he wants, or maybe they are starting to see the "real" Ben and are getting over the infatuations they had for him based on his season with Ashley. I think his true colors came through when he was talking to Casey - she was obviously upset and he of all people should have been able to relate to how it feels to want to marry someone who doesn't want to marry you, BUT he seemed to have no ability to empathize with her or show her compassion. Instead, it was very clear that he was mad at her because she didn't fall in love with him! I don't buy that he was upset because he could have kept someone else there - he hasn't sent anyone home that he has any interest in.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Jennifer and Blakeley both seemed "into" Ben, and he kicked them to the curb as soon as he realized it. Basically, he seems to be keeping women that AREN'T really into him. LOL, when he gave the rose to Rachel, they actually had to re-shoot that scene as he called her "Emily" the first time. Obviously, he doesn't care about anyone except skanky Courtney.
    RoxyKnox and Midol like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    My thoughts about the show have changed alot after these last two episodes. Does anyone else think it seems as if most of the women are losing or have lost interest in Ben? When they do their PIs, their words are par for the course - "Ben is so great!", "I'm falling for Ben.", etc. BUT their body language and facial expressions don't seem to match their words. When Courtney was talking about how she doesn't understand why the other girls aren't more aggressive in chasing after him, I wanted to scream at the TV - "they're just not that into him!" This is the first season that I remember where the women just don't seem that interested in the Bachelor. Maybe it's because they can tell Courtney is the one he wants, or maybe they are starting to see the "real" Ben and are getting over the infatuations they had for him based on his season with Ashley. I think his true colors came through when he was talking to Casey - she was obviously upset and he of all people should have been able to relate to how it feels to want to marry someone who doesn't want to marry you, BUT he seemed to have no ability to empathize with her or show her compassion. Instead, it was very clear that he was mad at her because she didn't fall in love with him! I don't buy that he was upset because he could have kept someone else there - he hasn't sent anyone home that he has any interest in.
    I felt that way with Brad and Emily( his second try) I think the women knew it was Emily. He didnt hide it very well imho. I guess I really dont care, its entertaining for me. I prefer Ben over Brad, he was one bachelor that gave me the creeps.His voice, his therapist that he carted around with him. very odd. I wonder if this show has jumped the shark. I dont see many thumbs up with Emily for the next bachelorette. Oh well

both times this show has been on the chopping block Fleiss has had to go outside the box and not recycle and both times it was recharged the first was Andy Baldwin and the second was the first appearance of Brad Womack..but when Fleiss try to recharge it again with Brad it didn't work so well I know he has his hopes pinned on Emily cause for several seasons the ratings have been falling again like they were several years ago....if Emily doesn't recharge the franchise and there is not a guy good enough on her show to be the next bachelor I expect him to look for someone new again to recharge things

As for Courtney saying none of the other girls are chasing him like she is....the other girls realize what a dud Ben is and are probably hanging around for the free trips as for Courtney herself she doesn't want Ben..she wants the WIN
    Midol likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I tend to agree that none of the women are that crazy about Ben, and I do think it has something to do with the way they see him behaving with Courtney. Maybe it's self respect, but I can see them thinking less of him for setting his sights so low.

Also I realize that when I think about it, I can't recall a compelling conversation Ben has had with anyone. He seems like a fairly nice, but bland guy that can be attractive at times, but he's really rather dull, I think. And really, nothing anyone says seems to hold his interest. Which may explain part of his attraction to Courtney as well; his expectation of a deeper connection is not even on the table so it is easy to get caught up in her seduction game.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    This is exactly how I see it going down, but I honestly see her giving him the boot first. She'll get tired of him right after the interviews and magazine covers end, and I think she'll like the tabloid breakup stories since they will extend her 15 minutes. I don't see any honest feelings developing between them, it's him being led around by his little Ben and her doing everything in her power to get as much airtime as possible.

Bet your booties she'll be on Bachelor Pad.
    YES!!! That's what it's all about for Courtney, getting tv exposure. These two will end at the moment they click off the lights on the last interview.

GREAT post.

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE=

One final thought on Courtney's stripping: a woman wrote to this blog saying that she actually went to that village in Panama while she studied in that country. She went with a group of students, and they were invited to put on the local dress and dance with the natives, also. This lady sent pictures of their group, and guess what? [B]They all had their clothes on under the native dress.[/B] So I'll say it again:

I should have posted this before: I've been to Panama as well, and one of the cheesy tours takes you to this island where the natives strip down and dance. Supposedly they live there but they dont; I poked around a little and saw where the 'island tribe' had stashed their regular clothes after they put on their tribal clothes. The place they showed LoFlo and their girls looked like the exact same place to me.
    Also, you see little groups of Indians around the major tourist areas in their tribal (un)dress, dancing for tips. Very common.
    I cant imagine why the producers would think this was great date material, though, there are other things to see and do in Panama.

FORT Fogey

Ben is such a boring guy it is ridiculous. I hope for all the other girls that Courtney does get the final rose because they all deserve better than him. It is sad too because he has some really great girls this season to choose from, but he is so not interesting at all.

FORT Fogey

Ben is shallow. Courtney is shallow. Perfect match. Ben knows he would feel like a low IQ moron in a relationship with most of the other women. I just wish the other women would see that, or maybe they have.

Closed Thread