Closed Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree507Likes

Thread: 2/6 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 2/6 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    ::just musing "out loud"::
    Curious as to whether Courtney, under an alias, posts to this forum.
    I don't think she has the intelligence to do so.
    AZChristian likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    It sounded like it was warranted, as some of the other girls were later discussing Courtney wearing that little "see-through beaded thing." Ben also made a remark that indicated there was something to see ... he said with a big sleazy grin on his face that he would have liked it if more of the girls had done that. It was obvious that she was trying to call attention to herself and her little boobies with all that deliberate shimmying and jiggling going on. The only thing that wasn't warranted was Courtney using that opportunity to stage yet another exhibitionist spectacle on camera.

Let's put this another way. Whenever you watch a documentary on Nat Geo that's set in Africa, do you see the Westerners taking off their clothes? Would it ever occur to you to do so? On this date, to whom did it occur?

'Nuff said.

Edited to add:

I forgot. As to the children, they are used to seeing women half naked in their own culture. Courtney is a Westerner. How many Westerners do these people see running around with few clothes on? Probably not many. Those boys were either titillated or uncomfortable. And as other people alluded, do you really, truly think that Courtney went around dressed like a stripper (by Western standards) just to "go native"? Really?

Actually, I find this whole date just sleazy. Why in the heck did the producers ever come up with it? To see a bunch of women with next to no clothes on? Yes, they had that bikini date earlier, but that's common in Western culture. And anyway, that reinforces my point: two dates where women strip down to not much in one season? I feel like taking a bath as I type this.

Here's a new drinking game: how many more ways can the producers dream up for Courtney to take her clothes off? (She may have come up with the idea for the skinny dipping, but TPTB sure didn't stop her. Like I said before, they were probably salivating at the ratings they would get.)
    Last edited by Babbred; 02-07-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    spockwhat, ilja, Midol and 1 others like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    Yeah, I don't disagree with you in theory. However, she comes across as a person who likes to titillate (see what I did there ) and it was done for those reasons alone. Who knows? Maybe she gave a big speech about wanting an authentic experience and it was left on the cutting room floor. And like, you know, like, I somehow doubt it. As for being exposed in front of children, I doubt it would phase those particular children who live in a very hot part of the world. I just hated her whole attitude, which is what the producers want. So well done on that.
    Oh yeah, she is a repulsive human being and I despise her attitude and the way she treats/speaks about other people. I just really don't care about the nudity. If she were being naked, even with a little shimmying and skinny dipping, without the loathesome behaviour I don't think that she would attract as much negativity. Some, certainly - there are people who really don't care for displays of the flesh - but were she charming, humourous and kind along with the flaunting, she would probably have some fans.
    canuckinchile, sweetpea and Midol like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fan

All I could think while watching this week is, WHY do I still watch this garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Let's put this another way. Whenever you watch a documentary on Nat Geo that's set in Africa, do you see the Westerners taking off their clothes? Would it ever occur to you to do so? On this date, to whom did it occur?

'Nuff said.

Edited to add:

I forgot. As to the children, they are used to seeing women half naked in their own culture. Courtney is a Westerner. How many Westerners do these people see running around with few clothes on? Probably not many. Those boys were either titillated or uncomfortable. And as other people alluded, do you really, truly think that Courtney went around dressed like a stripper (by Western standards) just to "go native"? Really?

Actually, I find this whole date just sleazy. Why in the heck did the producers ever come up with it? To see a bunch of women with next to no clothes on? Yes, they had that bikini date earlier, but that's common in Western culture. And anyway, that reinforces my point: two dates where women strip down to not much in one season? I feel like taking a bath as I type this.

Here's a new drinking game: how many more ways can the producers dream up for Courtney to take her clothes off? (She may have come up with the idea for the skinny dipping, but TPTB sure didn't stop her. Like I said before, they were probably salivating at the ratings they would get.)
    And we had to see Ben in his loin cloth... Not a pretty sight with his farmers tanned upper torso and pasty white thighs. Roberto or Chris L would have looked so much hotter!!!
    LuckyMom likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    THe people that go on these shows, for the most part, all seem to display very poor language skills.
    I can't argue with that one!

"Courtney and I's" relationship....... how many times did Ben say that!!
    That one bugs the hell out of me, too! We should add that to the Amazing-Connection-Journey drinking game!

And, everyone on this show seems to talk the same way. And, sorry, but they all come across pretty dumb as a result.
    Jamie's use of prude was incorrect, plain and simple. It's hard to believe any of these people studied the language / grammar in school!!

On another note, Ben looked even more like Alfalfa last night than usual!
    I agree with you on all points, especially because the instances of "XXX and I's relationship," use of "prude" as an adjective, etc. are still nonstandard English. Use of those constructions still do leave a bad impression of the speaker.
    (But I still wonder if this will become an accepted trend/use within the next decade.)
    Shoepie and Midol like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Interesting. Okay, let's figure out who loves and defends Courtney, is self-absorbed, and makes very little sense. Hmmm
    I think there might be a minute number of females who would defend Courtney, only because they have acted, or wished to act as she does. Why, I can't imagine, but we are all different.
    ilja and AlwaysVeg like this.

I'm watching the show now on my DVR, and also reading a recap from a particular blog. A couple of points the blogger made just made me die laughing.

First, not only did Courtney go bra-less, but she shook her ta-tas like she was expecting the villagers to throw money at her. (The blogger put it a little more crassly, but it was hilarious.) And Blakely was supposed to be the stripper?

And in answer to Courtney's remark about why aren't the other women making moves on Ben like her? Because he's not that great of a catch and not worth losing their dignity over. Ouch! Now I can watch the rest of the season without getting upset, because I can laugh at Courtney. She and Ben deserve each other.

One final thought on Courtney's stripping: a woman wrote to this blog saying that she actually went to that village in Panama while she studied in that country. She went with a group of students, and they were invited to put on the local dress and dance with the natives, also. This lady sent pictures of their group, and guess what? They all had their clothes on under the native dress. So I'll say it again:

To whom did it occur to take her clothes off?

'Nuff said.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fan

My almost 16-year-old daughter happened to be watching the show with me. I said, "She's saying those girls are prude?! It's supposed to be prudish!" My daughter said no,
    everyone says -- She's prude, I'm not that prude, etc. That was news to me.

I went on a trip to Venezuela with my family when I was 12 and my brother was 14. One side trip that you could sign up for involved seeing a native
    dance in a village outside of the main city. Turns out all the women were topless. Surprise! I wonder how much you could really see under the beads because
    it seemed you couldn't see the other women's bathing suits all that much under all those beads. Courtney is really too much though.

I wanted to like Jamie because of her sad story of helping to raise her siblings when her Mom had substance abuse issues. (That was Jamie right?) Telling Ben -- let's start with
    our mouths closed, then open.... No, open now, not closed, etc. was soooo awkward!! What was she thinking? At least it was one of the funnier scenes the Bachelor
    has shown, though I kind of felt bad for her. Along with the lap dance, definitely a last ditch effort not to get sent home, which clearly backfired.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Chris Harrison also used the "prude" term in his blog. Evidently it's a new thing. Who knew?!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Closed Thread