Closed Thread
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree507Likes

Thread: 2/6 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 2/6 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers*

The problem I have with Courtney not wearing her bikini under the beads was the fact that she felt the need to call so much attention to the fact that she wasn't wearing anything under them. She shook and shimmied and constantly mentioned it. I'm sure if she had acted normally, the black bar wouldn't have been needed. But no...she had to make sure everyone and their children knew she chose to forego undergarments. Yuck.

And Ben's reaction is mostly typical, but dude...you are on national tv with your mother watching. Show a little class for her sake.
    Last edited by JavaJo; 02-07-2012 at 01:25 PM.
    waywyrd, dzigner, RBmumsie and 8 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    It sure sounded like it. Maybe it was her underwear!

That kiss-by-the-numbers scene was one of the most painful scenes I've ever witnessed.
    How true, very true.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    ::just musing "out loud"::
    Curious as to whether Courtney, under an alias, posts to this forum.
    Interesting. Okay, let's figure out who loves and defends Courtney, is self-absorbed, and makes very little sense. Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Interesting. Okay, let's figure out who loves and defends Courtney, is self-absorbed, and makes very little sense. Hmmm

Ellen likes this.

Ehhh — I don't want to get into that territory.
    (Lord knows I've been wrong in my wonderings and speculations in various things before...)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Ehhh — I don't want to get into that territory.
    (Lord knows I've been wrong in my wonderings and speculations in various things before...)
    Just making a funny.
    jucamer likes this.

Just making a funny.
    I know — I figured as much. :-)
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    The "prude" thing really bugged me too and it wasn't just one woman...several used "I am prude", "they are prude". What the hell? Did they pick this up from one another? Am I just old and out of touch?
    That's my first reaction — incorrect use and/or my being old and out of touch, too.

But, as a linguist, I wonder if this use is just part of a language/use change (kind of like the recent uses of "chill" as an adjective and adverb). I'm also curious if there's a subtle difference in meaning between "prudish" and "prude" [adj], or if "prude" [adj] is just used as an abbreviation of "prudish" with no connotative differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Re: Court's nudity. Again, I'm not necessarily defending the appalling sociopath, but first, I have no problem with nudity and I assume that there are others who feel the same way, including native tribes the world around, and second, I have heard of incidences of producers on various shows placing black bars or pixels over areas that didn't actually warrant it in order to encourage outrage, discussion and ratings. So, really, who knows?
    Yeah, I don't disagree with you in theory. However, she comes across as a person who likes to titillate (see what I did there ) and it was done for those reasons alone. Who knows? Maybe she gave a big speech about wanting an authentic experience and it was left on the cutting room floor. And like, you know, like, I somehow doubt it. As for being exposed in front of children, I doubt it would phase those particular children who live in a very hot part of the world. I just hated her whole attitude, which is what the producers want. So well done on that.
    ButterflyFaery, JavaJo and Midol like this.

That's my first reaction — incorrect use and/or my being old and out of touch, too.

But, as a linguist, I wonder if this use is just part of a language/use change (kind of like the recent uses of "chill" as an adjective and adverb). I'm also curious if there's a subtle difference in meaning between "prudish" and "prude" [adj], or if "prude" [adj] is just used as an abbreviation of "prudish" with no connotative differences.

THe people that go on these shows, for the most part, all seem to display very poor language skills. "Courtney and I's" relationship....... how many times did Ben say that!! And, everyone on this show seems to talk the same way. And, sorry, but they all come across pretty dumb as a result.
    Jamie's use of prude was incorrect, plain and simple. It's hard to believe any of these people studied the language / grammar in school!!

On another note, Ben looked even more like Alfalfa last night than usual!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Closed Thread