Closed Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree507Likes

Thread: 2/6 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 2/6 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    Jamie's kissing lesson was pretty sad. What was she thinking??

Courtney looked even less attractive than usual tonight, I thought; it was like her internal ugliness was showing through. And she was a total b*tch when Emily was apologizing. (Surprise).

I like Kacie B. but even the eating disorder story didn't seem to provide her with any additional depth. She just seems sooooo young. Very sweet, but not much else, as far as we've seen.

The other Casey came across as pretty pathetic. I don't think she came on the show to make her boyfriend jealous but to fall for someone else as a way to get over her boyfriend, which is a very unhealthy way to move between relationships -- whether you're on TV or not.

And did I hear correctly that a couple of the women are using the word "prude" instead of "prudish" -- as in "I'm prude?"

Very much agree with everything you wrote. The "prude" thing really bugged me too and it wasn't just one woman...several used "I am prude", "they are prude". What the hell? Did they pick this up from one another? Am I just old and out of touch?

This is so sad if this is an example of today's young woman...Not just because they can't seem to speak proper English, but because most seem to have no common sense or self respect. I know not all young women are like this because I know do know some smart, sensible, self assured and sassy young ladies but it just seems as if these are few and far between. I feel so old.
    Pandora2 and Babbred like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Y

Yes, there is that (fake bars). I have no problem with nudity either. It is tricky to go to another culture and assume it is okay, however. Americans are often under fire for not respecting the local culture.
    But they shouldnt be.The woman that had the beads on lifted hers up to show she wore nothing under it.( when in Rome etc) It was all blurred out, but it was obvious they are accustomed to being naked under there.Naked and comfortable, the girls wearing their bikini tops looked very out of place.
    fireflyer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post

Very much agree with everything you wrote. The "prude" thing really bugged me too and it wasn't just one woman...several used "I am prude", "they are prude". What the hell? Did they pick this up from one another? Am I just old and out of touch?

This is so sad if this is an example of today's young woman...Not just because they can't seem to speak proper English, but because most seem to have no common sense or self respect. I know not all young women are like this because I know do know some smart, sensible, self assured and sassy young ladies but it just seems as if these are few and far between. I feel so old.
    The smart, sensible, self-assured, sassy ones are generally not what they look for when they cast this show. Emily probably comes closest to that, and maybe Chantal in Brad's season. So Ben will probably choose Courtney, and Brad chose the needy one with the baby voice and the tragic story.
    fireflyer and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But they shouldnt be.The woman that had the beads on lifted hers up to show she wore nothing under it.( when in Rome etc) It was all blurred out, but it was obvious they are accustomed to being naked under there.Naked and comfortable, the girls wearing their bikini tops looked very out of place.
    I totally missed that! It is easy to allow your eyes to drift back to solataire.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    The smart, sensible, self-assured, sassy ones are generally not what they look for when they cast this show. Emily probably comes closest to that, and maybe Chantal in Brad's season. So Ben will probably choose Courtney, and Brad chose the needy one with the baby voice and the tragic story.
    Oh, I know that. But sadly I'm talking about real life.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I totally missed that! It is easy to allow your eyes to drift back to solataire.
    I rewound it ( twice) to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I think the fish they caught in the net was the same fish Courtney caught in the stream a few episodes back. The producers carry around a dead fish and pull it out when needed.

Maybe in the dim, empty recesses of Courtney's mind, she was just "going native" without benefit of bra or panties, but it's not appropriate for filming, and she didn't need to jiggle 'em every two minutes.

Sure Courtney, men pursue you at first, but then "take you for granted." Translation: After they have sex with you a few dozen times, they come to their senses and realize you are totally lacking in substance and maturity and have nothing else to offer.
    Like the Tarleton Twins said back in the novel "Gone With the Wind": give me a good girl to marry and a bad girl to have fun with. Courtney sure ain't in the former category.
    kateb and Midol like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Re: Court's nudity. Again, I'm not necessarily defending the appalling sociopath, but first, I have no problem with nudity and I assume that there are others who feel the same way, including native tribes the world around, and second, I have heard of incidences of producers on various shows placing black bars or pixels over areas that didn't actually warrant it in order to encourage outrage, discussion and ratings. So, really, who knows?
    It sounded like it was warranted, as some of the other girls were later discussing Courtney wearing that little "see-through beaded thing." Ben also made a remark that indicated there was something to see ... he said with a big sleazy grin on his face that he would have liked it if more of the girls had done that. It was obvious that she was trying to call attention to herself and her little boobies with all that deliberate shimmying and jiggling going on. The only thing that wasn't warranted was Courtney using that opportunity to stage yet another exhibitionist spectacle on camera.
    LovetheRoses and Midol like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Did she rip her dress?
    It sure sounded like it. Maybe it was her underwear!

That kiss-by-the-numbers scene was one of the most painful scenes I've ever witnessed.
    Midol and Fanny Mare like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

::just musing "out loud"::
    Curious as to whether Courtney, under an alias, posts to this forum.
    ilja likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Closed Thread