Closed Thread
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
Like Tree486Likes

Thread: 1/30 Bachelor 16 Show Thread Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 1/30 Bachelor 16 Show Thread Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers*

The thing is IF Ben was not so into Courtney as it seem people would love him, that's the bottom line.......I thought Ben was the most boring guy ever on Ashley's season but for me I am really liking this season.......I like how he is straight and to the point with the women, and Courtney is the only entertainment this season this season is full of all dull and boring people I couldn't imagine sitting through this season without Courtney to liven it up......
    Fanny Mare likes this.

While I like Courtney, (I know, I know!!!!) I think Ben should've said no to the skinny dipping, out of respect for the other girls. Remember when Vienna and Gia had the 2 on 1 with Jake, and Vienna jumped in his bed with wine? Didn't he ask her to leave after a few minutes?
    fireflyer, ilja, Midol and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    The thing is IF Ben was not so into Courtney as it seem people would love him, that's the bottom line.......I thought Ben was the most boring guy ever on Ashley's season but for me I am really liking this season.......I like how he is straight and to the point with the women, and Courtney is the only entertainment this season this season is full of all dull and boring people I couldn't imagine sitting through this season without Courtney to liven it up......
    Thats how i feel, and a few others

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    I wouldn't love him no matter who he was into...he is still a snooze fest for me. And while I do appreciate people who are to the point, there is such a thing as tact. He is only to the point when he disagrees with anyone or wants to get rid of them. You can be blunt to the point of rudeness or you can be to the point in a kinder, gentler way. The choice of how you handle things is a reflection of your character. He could have said no to skinny dipping with Courtney but he did not. Again, a reflection of his character no matter how they edit it. The deed itself was ultimately up to him. On the other hand I think you are correct in your assessment of Courtney's entertainment value. If not for her, this would be a very dull season indeed!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post
    Wow...these parties last 12 plus hours??? I couldn't last that long, especially if I was drinking wine. I'd be the one that passes out on the sofa and gets sent home in embarrassment.
    I'd be passed out on the sofa right alongside you, but not from drinking. I need my *bleepin* sleep. He can come wake me up if he wants to talk to me.

Yep, first night goner for sure.
    ButterflyFaery and Fanny Mare like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

What can I say about this season??!! It's all been said...

On thing I can add - Why the heck do they continue to take a guy with extremely bad hair to all these tropical climates?!!
    And, can't this show hire a hair stylist!!

Am I the only person who's noticed that Ben, and his hairdo, bears a striking resemblance to Alfalfa from the Our Gang comedies?

I'll see if I can find a picture to post.

Alfalfa200.jpgBen the Bachelor.jpgAlfalfa200.jpgBen the Bachelor.jpg
    Last edited by norealityhere; 02-04-2012 at 12:43 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Oh, that resemblance is too funny!!

I kind of want in intervention by Tim Gunn at this point. He could give Ben some style tips.

I don't hate Ben, but I certainly don't like him all that much. I think he's boring, he's not very tactful, and he's definitely shown some of his immaturity in the skinny dipping decision. I certainly hope loving the lead isn't a prerequisite to watching the show, or I guess I'd have been out a loooooooong time ago. This show is trainwreck entertainment at its best. I find it's best now for me to not become emotionally invested in these people, because most of the time it's all fake and it doesn't work out anyway. C'est la vie.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Add to that the bubble that is the Bachelor. No TV, no internet, no outside contact. Tons of alcohol and fantasy dates. Not even a little bit of a reality there, which is why these relationships tend to crumble in the real world. As if that was enough, why do you think the average age of these girls is early to mid-20's? Anyone remember what they were like at that age? I know I do. No wonder we get what we get. Given all of this, I am amazed some of them don't crumble even MORE than what we see.
    This whole fantasy thing is why Charlie insisted on normal dates as well as a period of dating both his final 2 girls after the cameras stopped rolling. He wanted to see if they could click under normal situations. While Charlie's season didn't make it to the altar, he did have a fairly long relationship with is F1. Sarah was it? I think he came into this with the right idea and had good execution. His relationship actually stood a chance afterwards. I wish more bachelors would take the angle Charlie did.

Also, I think there have been 2 Bachelor weddings not 1. I would count Jason and Molly because even though he didn't ultimately pick her, she was still final 2. They fell in love in this process. I think producers pressured him to pick Melissa and he caved. I just wish he'd gone with his gut first off to save Melissa the embarrassment. Molly also got a pretty unflattering edit.

I'm kind of pulling for anyone but Courtney to be final 1 because I just think of the drama at ATFR if that's the case. That will be some fun TV to watch the chosen one go off on Ben. Cause you know Chris will egg it on. He's not as good as Jeff Probst at stirring the pot, but he does ok.
    ButterflyFaery and Midol like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Charlie was a snooze fest for me( didnt he have a drinking problem while that was filmed) I cant recall all the details but I tuned him out..and the show. zzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    This whole fantasy thing is why Charlie insisted on normal dates as well as a period of dating both his final 2 girls after the cameras stopped rolling. He wanted to see if they could click under normal situations. While Charlie's season didn't make it to the altar, he did have a fairly long relationship with is F1. Sarah was it? I think he came into this with the right idea and had good execution. His relationship actually stood a chance afterwards. I wish more bachelors would take the angle Charlie did.
    One of the many reasons he is my favourite bachelor. Also, his insistence on no fancy dates and no fancy clothes. I know most people watch this ridiculous show for the shiny fantasy nonsense, but I did enjoy the season of something approaching real life.
    ButterflyFaery and Midol like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Closed Thread