Closed Thread
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
Like Tree486Likes

Thread: 1/30 Bachelor 16 Show Thread Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 1/30 Bachelor 16 Show Thread Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, its not a real world for any of them M or F. I do think living with the cameras they sometimes forget they are there( this does not excuse behaviors) but they also have someone asking them questions , prodding for info.Thats also what we see, albeit edited..
    Most of them have said that they do forget that the cameras are there. If you don't and do think about it you get sent home sooner cause you can't be your real self.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I would be right alongside you. I think this is how they get the footage they require though.
    I think they would have to cart a lot of us away. I couldn't do that even when I was in my 20s!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Finally getting around to watching the episode. Some thoughts...

I thought a blogger made a good observation. You could kind of tell that Elyse was going home even before dinner and the rose. When they jumped into the water, Ben stayed a mile away from her. You would have thought they were 10 years old and he was afraid of getting cooties. I know that when hubby and I go swimming in public (remember B and E had the camera and boat crew), then I might not be all over hubby like Ben and Courtney. However, I won't be at the other end of the pool a mile away from him, either.

The whole time Ben swished that rose around, I kept thinking "like a cat toying with a mouse". It gave me the creeps.

That whole skinny dipping scene reminded me of when The Wrestler broke out of the house and made it up to Ali's (?) house on TBette. So he just happened to get past all the handlers to make it up there for a private rendevouz? With cameras following? Courtney might have had the original idea, but those producers were just salivating over it. Heck, they might have told Ben in advance so that that whole "just happened to meet when he came back from the beach" scene was staged. And you know that the conversation later about skinny dipping was about as spontaneous as a State of the Union speech.

I'm one of those who sympathized with Ben over Emily. If I were Ben, I wouldn't have even have defended myself. I would have just cut her off. "I'm sorry, but we've had this conversation. Let's move on." The only part I didn't like was the "tread lightly" part. Yeah, that was creepy. But up until then, I totally felt sorry for him.

OTOH, I felt no sympathy for him over the skinny dipping episode. From his protestations right after Courtenay gave him the idea to his voiceover once the deed was done, it was just so phony. It was also, well, creepy. He just totally betrayed those other women, right there on national tv, and yet he could dismiss it with an "oh well, life happens" attitude. That and face those women with a straight face at the RC as if nothing had happened. Those women watching it now must be SO glad they didn't end up with him. There but for the grace of God...
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well my daughter who is 15 or will be this week said when she is old enough and they still are having this show she is gonna try out ...lol...I told her if she even thought about it I would duct tape her to a chair and not let her loose until she came to her senses....I don';t know how Courtney's mom can defend what she has seen on the tv..I know she is her daughter and she loves her and all mothers want to protect their children but what can you say when your daughter makes it clear she is a skank and takes off all her clothes with who knows how many people are watching and behave that way with her potty mouth...I would be so ashamed of my daughter and would hide my head knowing that I had raised her to be a lady and not to behave in such a fashion
    Where did you see the interview(s) with Courtney's mom?
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

I'm not so much concerned with skinny-dipping. I'm more concerned that nobody, in a country absolutely devoted to baseball, understands how extra innings are supposed to work. The scoreboard did indicate a blue win in the first extra inning. No wonder they were all so blue and crying and all that.

Loved Blakeley limping off the field like Vince Wilfork after yet another quarterback pressure.

I wonder why Jennifer was cut. We must have missed a scene. Usually MF is careful to show the ones where chemistry is likely lasting past the background actresses like Jaime and KFC, or KCS or whatever they call the cute blonde who admires Courtney.
    heartsaflutter and Babbred like this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Where did you see the interview(s) with Courtney's mom?
    she has had several interviews and quotes on different sites...I just did a search on Courtney and it came up with the latest news stories and the ones with her mom were part of them
    fireflyer likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    she has had several interviews and quotes on different sites...I just did a search on Courtney and it came up with the latest news stories and the ones with her mom were part of them
    Yep, looks like that apple didn't fall far from the tree.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I had to change my view of the show so as not to get all worked up about whatever reality it advertises. I have come to view Courtney as an archetype - the seductress. We see this character in ancient texts and recent fiction, from Delilah of the bible to Mata Hari of WWll to the evil queen in Once Upon a Time to multiple characters in Revenge. Each approaches her objective through seducing men then discarding them.

Once I recognized Courtney's place in this type, I could turn my mind away from Ben and his travails, and watch the seductress carry out her plan to reach her objective to win the man and then discard him. Of course, the discarding is in the unknowable future, but if she holds to type, once she has fully used him, she will throw him away.

That is why I've termed Courtney delicious the past couple of weeks.
    ilja likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    I'm not so much concerned with skinny-dipping. I'm more concerned that nobody, in a country absolutely devoted to baseball, understands how extra innings are supposed to work. The scoreboard did indicate a blue win in the first extra inning. No wonder they were all so blue and crying and all

Yes! I felt so sorry for the blue team. The scoreboard clearly showed that they scored a run in the bottom of the 3rd inning. They should have won. I would have pitched a fit, too. I wonder why they kept going and if any of the women protested?
    Last edited by Babbred; 02-02-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Yes! I felt so sorry for the blue team. The scoreboard clearly showed that they scored a run in the bottom of the 3rd inning. They should have won. I would have pitched a fit, too. I wonder why they kept going and if any of the women protested?
    Didn't the red team end up the winning team? If so, I will go out on a limb here - because the producers wanted the red team to win. My guess is the view of the scoreboard was an editing snafu and just additional evidence for us as to how manipulated this show is. We think it really is all left up to chance? Nope, producers knew which team was going to win that game and they kept going until they did.
    Midol likes this.

Closed Thread