Closed Thread
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree486Likes

Thread: 1/30 Bachelor 16 Show Thread Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers*

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 1/30 Bachelor 16 Show Thread Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg
    As foolish as I think Emily was to tell Ben she is focusing on their relationship now and not Courtney ... and then start bashing Courtney again ... I bristled at the way he sternly warned her to "be careful." In other words, he told her to shut up about Courtney, and in a very patronizing tone of voice.
    While I don't want to defend the doofus, I can see his point. If you apologize for something you know is wrong, then continue to go 'round back to the same subject you apologized for, what is the point? Besides he is trying to stress the point that she shouldn't be using the small amounts of time with him talking about the other women. Focus on the two of you, not others. It's the equivalent of asking your boyfriend if he's been at the restaurant you are both currently dining in. Then continuing on to ask if he was there in the past with an ex girlfriend, then thinking you aren't special because he took someone else there prior. It's an annoying habit that many people make.

Some things that popped into my head:

How do you explain to your parents/siblings/grandparents that you are skinny dipping with someone that you barely know on national TV?

How do you explain to those same people what the girl you really, really like is saying on national TV?

Obviously if your parents call you up and say "hey I saw what you did last night, care to explain?" It would be easy to let them know the entire story and it's context in relation to what was shown on TV. It's also quite easy to explain the things that you said and in what context. However, since you weren't with the girl when she is saying things/talking to the camera how can THAT be easy to explain? Sure, you can tell them that it was overly edited/spliced/diced but would that explanation go over with people who weren't there? Because you don't actually know the context.

I never give this much thought to this show, but the events of this episode caused a light bulb to go off in my head. Isn't it awkward enough watching your child dating/making out? Then to see them "in all their glory" on national TV as well as your co workers, relatives, neighbours etc. Yes, they are consenting adults, free to do as they see fit. It would still be awkward knowing that was your kid. YAY! My son pushed the envelope on TV by skinny dipping. Awww I feel really bad for mom and Julia.
    RBmumsie, ilja and Midol like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fan

Ben is BORING and not so handsome. Worst bachelor ever, perhaps.
    CrazyDutchWoman and RoxyKnox like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    ewwwww...... That was ugly. I can see the whole skinny dipping thing when it's a bunch of people out having a good time together at the beach, but there is no way in the world I would ever do that with a man I was interested in but not in a relationship with. And worse yet, she jumps in his arms and starts rubbing up against him. ewwww.

But to be honest, it's kind of sad, in a way. That's a moment they will never get back. It didn't build slowly to that electric, memorable and long-anticipated connection that couples look forward to and treasure. They threw that away -- Courtney for the sake of competition, and Ben because he's being a total mindless doofus around a woman who is totally playing him.

And did she really say, "I don't think he's ever gone skinny dipping with a model before??" Geez girlfriend, get over yourself. You get paid to stand in front of a camera wearing clothes. You're not God's gift to mankind.
    You are so right about this. What could have been a perfect moment in another context (you know, one where people are actually falling in love...) was so very awkward and unpleasant. So sad. BTW, do these two even have a connection? There is not any chemistry between them that I can see.
    fireflyer and jucamer like this.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

If they all have so little time with Ben, why would you yack on about another women? besides, all the dating etiquette I have read says dont talk about an ex.This for me, is Emily going on( and ON) about an ex. I thought she was supposed to be smart, doesn't seem that way, but again its all in the editing/The skinny dipping didnt bother me,I dont think he felt too great about it the next day. I guess for me its just entertainment, he wont marry anyone, its pure entertainment with alot of crying

First of all... I agree completely with the poster above who said Ben is the worst Bach ever!!! Couldn't agree more. I think he and Court deserve each other and I hope he ends up with her.....which I for one believe he does. You can tell that he's faking it when showing interest in the other girl's. He's completely different with Courtney. I really hope he picks her.
    Coco46 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post
    First of all... I agree completely with the poster above who said Ben is the worst Bach ever!!! Couldn't agree more. I think he and Court deserve each other and I hope he ends up with her.....which I for one believe he does. You can tell that he's faking it when showing interest in the other girl's. He's completely different with Courtney. I really hope he picks her.
    I though Blob was the worst didnt even watch the whole show. Fake was second runner up for worst.Ben likes Kacie B a lot you can tell ? I dont like her and I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    If Courtney is his F1, I hope at the final rose ceremony she lets him know how much she has played him and that she was just in it to win over the other girls. And laughs at him for falling for her. now THAT could be the most dramatic rose ceremony ever.
    I love it the female Bentley who takes it all the way. With someone even dumber than Ashley.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Ben's Blog about the episode is posted.

I also brought over Monica's post show interview with People and placed it in her thread. Is Monica posting at Fort?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Ah Ben, I'm torn now. Some things he does, I really like, other things, I don't care for at all. I really felt like he let two girls go for the right reason last night - he just wasn't feeling it. He could tell from what they were saying to him that they were both heavily invested in the idea of becoming his partner, and he didn't want to hurt them any deeper. I admire that. I'd rather he let them go now than have them be one of the final two - that would have been awful to watch. But why did he pick up the rose at the table? Poor Elyse. He stumbled there. I don't get this whole skinny dipping thing, either. He's been lucky enough to get this opportunity in the first place, does he have to milk it for all it is worth? He could have had just as much fun going in with his undies on and keeping a little distance between the two of them, that's all I am saying. If he picked her in the end, then he can take off whatever he wants, but not until then! I think Kacie and Nikki are both more suited for him, and I'd still like to see him interacting with Jamie. Her smile and her sense of style are to die for. There was a preview of her crying once though, and we haven't seen it in a show yet, I don't think. Maybe Courtney can't keep her mouth shut about the skinny dipping, and this offends Jamie? She was hedging on blabbing last night, that's for sure. I wanted to walk on set and pull her arm down every time she threw it up. Ah Ben, don't know what to say. You let me down last night.

I still think he felt badly when he saw all the women. I am pretty sure that the script said to mention skinny dipping, nobody just starts that conversation, where would you like to skinny dip? wasn't that Jennifer? she said it was freeing to swim naked. Hmm highly suspicious all of this
    fireflyer and CrazyDutchWoman like this.

Closed Thread