Closed Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree238Likes

Thread: 1/23 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/23 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

I did not watch the previous season with Ben on so I was not aware of him prior to this. I have to say he seems really phony to me. With Brad and Jake you knew they were jerks. They were not playing parts just being themselves. Ben seems like a guy who has never had much attention from girls and is just there to see how many will sleep with him. Any guy who was serious about falling in love would not really and truly not listen to what others had to say. He obviously just wants to pick a girl that is hot period.

I also agree with the above poster about his temper. He was absolutely nasty to the pageant girl he sent home. It is almost like if you are not going to fawn all over me, get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I can't stand watching her - I wish one of those hooks got stuck in her upper lip
    I like her, but your post is funny!~
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Several including CH have brought up Michelle Money when talking about how Courtney is hated now, but maybe afterwards we'll see the sweet side of her. Well, I really wonder ... Michelle was funny - I could see humor in her comments - which were mostly made to the camera and not the the girl's faces. She was aggressive w/Brad, but Courtney's manipulations are different and I don't think that's editing. Her personality has shown through. If she ever redeems herself somehow I will take my words back, but right now I think she's got a horrid personality. And she's not that pretty. It's so discouraging to see Ben falling for her act - he's that dumb? I had hoped for a smarter Ben....
    I, too, see a big difference between Michelle Money and Courtney. For one, Michelle is much more physically attractive, is and was on the show much funnier, and has much better people skills. I really think that Courtney has some social issues.
    navybelle and jucamer like this.

IF he picks Courtney... I am SO looking forward to ATFR!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    IF he picks Courtney... I am SO looking forward to ATFR!!
    That's what I was thinking. If he does pick her and they're still together by then, I will wait to see the breakup interview a la Jake and Vienna, or Ben interviewed alone like Emily was. What can Ben say? That he just didn't see who she really was? Had no idea he was being played? How many times can he say that and not look like a total idiot? Even better, what would SHE say? He reminds me of the high school nerd who fell for the head cheerleader/snotty girl who thought it would be fun to lead him along for a while. Ashley had much the same dynamic going on with Bentley, but at least she wised up and let him go. I don't see Ben getting to that point any time soon.
    navybelle, Pandora2 and Babbred like this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

But he may. Right now Kacie B scares him to death because their relationship could get real serious real fast. IMO the chemistry with Courtney does die out...but when? I hope sooner rather than later for his and the audience's sake.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

If he chooses Courtney, what concerns me is that they're still together and she still hasn't shown her true colors (she seems totally capable of using the same manipulative skills she is using to get him, to keep him for awhile).

She could easily convince him that she got a bad edit... that they made her say those things... that it was all a joke, etc. Ben wouldn't be the first person to fall for that -- guys in prison get marriage proposals! So we're capable of overlooking all kinds of negative stuff when we're in love or desperate. After all, the woman he sees on TV isn't the woman he is seeing in person, so what should he believe??

The real question may be when the real Courtney comes out. And she is definitely not the type to handle the competition when she has to watch him kiss other women and tell them he's developing feelings for them. But of course, if she still has him wrapped around her little finger, he won't even notice the outbursts. For awhile anyway.

So here's what I would like to see: When the F2 walks out to the limo, I would like her to say, "When I see you at the ATFR taping, promise you won't pretend there was nothing between us. Admit you had feelings for me, and that everything you have told me in the past few weeks is true. Don't pretend it never happened."

That always seems so painful when the bachelor has to pretend -- for the sake of the new fiancee -- that it was all just a game and never meant anything. I mean I get it for the sake of happiness at home, but it's also a unique way of meeting someone and it's unrealistic to pretend he had eyes for only one woman from the first day

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    So agree. Wish she stood up to her.

And by the way...I love your avitar...Wish he had accepted the American Bachelor rather than the Ukranian one!!! That would have been one hot, hot, snarky Bachelor.

THAT guy is a Bachelor? Is there a website that will stream Ukranian TV? I'd far rather look at that guy then greasy Ben and his skanky GF. (I'm assuming after the skinny dipping episode he picks Courtney. Really, would that be much of a surprise? )
    jucamer likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    THAT guy is a Bachelor? Is there a website that will stream Ukranian TV? I'd far rather look at that guy then greasy Ben and his skanky GF. (I'm assuming after the skinny dipping episode he picks Courtney. Really, would that be much of a surprise? )
    Maks is hot and you can catch some of it on YouTube plus some of his hottest dances from Dancing with the Stars...The paso doble with Mel B from the Spice Girls is my favourite, hottest dance ever! It takes a really strong man to appreciate a really strong woman and Maks is always happiest when he has a women who is not afraid to stand up to him...Maybe Ben can take notes!
    jucamer likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Chris Harrison's blog about last night's show said, "My dad is a wonderful man and he gave me some very sound advice growing up: Donít ever start a fight or throw a punch unless you are prepared to get hit back twice as hard. Emily picked a fight and threw a punch and wasnít at all ready to be hit back. Courtney is a formidable opponent, and if Emily is going to really take her on she better rethink her strategy or Courtney will have the last laugh." How can Courtney get the last laugh? Ben's going to see this and cringe; he's not going to want to be with a girl who was clearly playing him. If he ended up with her at the end, I bet she's already history. And if she is the girl who is saying she's made a mistake, and she's not ready to commit, then he's got to be feeling on top of the world that she backed out for him. As for Emily, I agree with a few other posters, why didn't the other girls come to her defense and say they've seen the same thing? Let's get a little backbone and stand up for our friends, ladies. Frustrating. Anyway, I still like Ben. I like his hair, I like his sense of humor, and I like the majority of the women he's attracted to. I hope he picked a nice gal and that they are happy.
    I think it would have been great if they all walked out.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Closed Thread