Closed Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree238Likes

Thread: 1/23 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 1/23 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Just this week I'm seeing vacation ads for Puerto Rico extolling the beaches. Coincidence or an annual winter campaign?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Those ads didn't play in the U.S. I have a feeling U.S. viewers will be blocked from watching the show which is a shame.

Off Topic but I'm upset that HGTV Canada has filmed a handyman show (with Jillian Harris as host) and that is not available on HGTV U.S. Perhaps as with the Ukraine Bachelor, etc., You Tube will be the viewing refuge for those of us in the states.
    Yes, that is her new gig now that Extreme Home Makeover is done. Too bad you can't see her...She is as cute as always, very natural and a big improvement on the woman who hosted it previously.
    ko_vixen likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fan

I really have nothing to add this week it's all been said, I was pulling my hair out watching this week... ugg

All I keep thinking is that if Ben does end up with Courtney as F1, I would hope that watching this season as it airs opens his eyes very wide. Emily and Brad ended up splitting partly due to him telling her one thing while they were on the show, and then as she watched the show air she saw him saying basically the same thing to Chantal and others. I have a feeling that this is going to play out close to the same way. Right now Ben is being led by his hoo-hoo. He has no idea what Courtney is all about. You watch the show, see her smirk when he goes to get her a rose, the 'Winning..Winning..' in confessionals.... he's going to get slapped smack in the face with the fact that he got duped. All she wants is the title, the cover of People, and the $50,000 ring. She doesn't give a Who Flung Poo about Ben.
    Coco46, jucamer, Babbred and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

I wasn't going to watch this season because Ben just seemed too uninteresting to carry the lead. I mean, we had a prince, an ER doc, a military doc, a multi-millionaire, a guy who rejected both finalists in a previous season, etc. What is Ben's claim to fame, a mop of hair? I've watched all the episodes so far, and the only interesting thing about Ben is that he is a doofus who is actually dumb enough to believe that the woman of most men's dreams (a MODEL) actually is interested in him. I thought he had an iota of intelligence, but this woman is manipulating him so much that he looks like a pathetic idiot. He couldn't run fast enough to get her the rose last night while she sat there smirking. If the rest of those women were smart, they would ALL tell Ben that Courtney is fooling him and not let Emily take the rap as the only one. Chris H on Kelly this a.m. said a red flag is a woman who has no girlfriends, only boyfriends, and that's exactly what Courtney announced last night. Some part of me deep down inside hopes Ben is watching this and seeing what a fool he was ... probably it's the part of me that got hurt several times many years ago by girls like this who got they guys I wanted by manipulation and "feminine wiles."

We all want to see the perfect happy endings for the good guys/girls, and to see the bad guys/girls get their comeuppance ... but .. it doesn't always work out that way.

On the other hand, sometimes it does turn out for the best. Look at the whole Jake/Vienna thing. for example.

Nobody is touting anything about Ben having found love ... and what Chris says is that he thinks Ben is glad he did it, come back again to the Bachelor, that is, so I don't know what long-term outcome to expect.
    Last edited by echo226; 01-24-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I wasn't going to watch this season because Ben just seemed too uninteresting to carry the lead. I mean, we had a prince, an ER doc, a military doc, a multi-millionaire, a guy who rejected both finalists in a previous season, etc. What is Ben's claim to fame, a mop of hair? I've watched all the episodes so far, and the only interesting thing about Ben is that he is a doofus who is actually dumb enough to believe that the woman of most men's dreams (a MODEL) actually is interested in him. I thought he had an iota of intelligence, but this woman is manipulating him so much that he looks like a pathetic idiot. He couldn't run fast enough to get her the rose last night while she sat there smirking. If the rest of those women were smart, they would ALL tell Ben that Courtney is fooling him and not let Emily take the rap as the only one. Chris H on Kelly this a.m. said a red flag is a woman who has no girlfriends, only boyfriends, and that's exactly what Courtney announced last night. Some part of me deep down inside hopes Ben is watching this and seeing what a fool he was ... probably it's the part of me that got hurt several times many years ago by girls like this who got they guys I wanted by manipulation and "feminine wiles."
    I said the same thing last night! If other ladies there had tried to warn Ben, maybe he would have listened.
    1dog2kids likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I said the same thing last night! If other ladies there had tried to warn Ben, maybe he would have listened.
    Didn't he say in his blog that the women warned him about Samantha ? Maybe they did warn him about Courtney and he has selective hearing.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

His mind is already made up about Courtney so it probably doesn't matter what anyone else says about her. She would have to drop a boulder on his head from a bridge for him to see that she's not the sweet eyelash-batting baby-talker she pretends to be. You would think he might have started to put 2+2 together already, what with her thinly disguised threat at the RC where Shawntel showed up, her insecure whining to get the rose on the group date, and now this warning from Emily, but nooooo, she's a MODEL! I don't know who's the bigger fool ... Ben for believing she really wants him, or the rest of the girls for sticking around after the public skinny-dipping makeout session.
    Coco46, Midol and Babbred like this.

Chris Harrison's blog about last night's show said, "My dad is a wonderful man and he gave me some very sound advice growing up: Donít ever start a fight or throw a punch unless you are prepared to get hit back twice as hard. Emily picked a fight and threw a punch and wasnít at all ready to be hit back. Courtney is a formidable opponent, and if Emily is going to really take her on she better rethink her strategy or Courtney will have the last laugh." How can Courtney get the last laugh? Ben's going to see this and cringe; he's not going to want to be with a girl who was clearly playing him. If he ended up with her at the end, I bet she's already history. And if she is the girl who is saying she's made a mistake, and she's not ready to commit, then he's got to be feeling on top of the world that she backed out for him. As for Emily, I agree with a few other posters, why didn't the other girls come to her defense and say they've seen the same thing? Let's get a little backbone and stand up for our friends, ladies. Frustrating. Anyway, I still like Ben. I like his hair, I like his sense of humor, and I like the majority of the women he's attracted to. I hope he picked a nice gal and that they are happy.

Closed Thread