Closed Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree238Likes

Thread: 1/23 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 1/23 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

I actually started to like Monica too, lately. She seemed to really be a voice of reason in that crazy situation - well, except for the first night. Did anyone else see the video clip of her time w/Ben where she's telling him how her mom got sent to jail? Wow. Anyway, sorry to see her go instead of some of the others.
    sugargoose likes this.

I know Ben has it bad for Courtney..wonder if skinny dipping is the only thing that took place in the water...and ITA after seeing that if I was one of the other girls I wouldn't want him and I would leave..except at this point the producers OWN them and they can't

on a side note..I love the way Castle is mocking so called reality tv tonight and wondering how some fame ho without any talent gets to be famous
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 01-23-2012 at 10:24 PM.
    Nice'n'Easy and Midol like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I know that things can get pretty steamy in the hot tub but skinny dipping is just taking it too far. I'm sure Ben thought it was great but imo Courtney just showed how skanky she was... it's not like they are in some kind of monogamous relationship... there are 10 other gals around who have been swapping spit with Ben, not to mention TV cameras and how many million viewers? I'm sure her momma is so proud!
    nanarama, ilja, Babbred and 1 others like this.

The outtake at the end was cute with them stomping on the picnic table. But again, Courtney stood back, not with the girls, and we heard one comment: "oh goodness..." She's just something else.....
    At first, when I heard about the skinny dipping, I tended to give Ben the benefit of the doubt I guess - but the way it was shown tonight, it really looks bad. Like she goes to get him that night, and they sneak off, strip and hit the water to make out. Very, very disturbing if I'm one of the other girls.
    Kacie B should've gotten the first rose, since the group date one was really hers and he gave it away to the pouty, manipulative girl. Bet that just burns her now that she sees how it happened.

And I can't believe Emily in the previews, is talking about Courtney w/Ben again - didn't she learn her lesson??
    qsg123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    The outtake at the end was cute with them stomping on the picnic table. But again, Courtney stood back, not with the girls, and we heard one comment: "oh goodness..." She's just something else.....
    At first, when I heard about the skinny dipping, I tended to give Ben the benefit of the doubt I guess - but the way it was shown tonight, it really looks bad. Like she goes to get him that night, and they sneak off, strip and hit the water to make out. Very, very disturbing if I'm one of the other girls.
    Kacie B should've gotten the first rose, since the group date one was really hers and he gave it away to the pouty, manipulative girl. Bet that just burns her now that she sees how it happened.

And I can't believe Emily in the previews, is talking about Courtney w/Ben again - didn't she learn her lesson??

Yes very disappointed with Emily after the previews. And if I were one of the remaining women and saw Ben & Courntey skinny dippimg that would be the end. Others have left without them suing - I would be gone. If there was no way out - I would make Ben send me home I would be so sickened
    cantstopwatchin and Midol like this.

Courtney drinks so much wine sometimes her teeth look almost purple. I think she's almost as ugly on the outside as on the inside.

"winning" Even Charlie Sheen by now probably realizes only creeps say that.

I would have thought Monica would have outlasted Elyse.
    I don't remember if any one on one time with Monica and Ben was ever broadcast on the show. Only with she and other girls. I will miss her.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Who knows, perhaps it's footage that was filmed for Episode 4, and the producers just decided to show it during Ep.5 to stretch out the incident.

So I think we all agree that it wasn't the right move for Emily to convince Ben that the girl he admires is a Jekyl/Hyde. But Emily couldn't help herself, she knew it would eat at her if she didn't spill her thoughts, so she told him. So be it.

But what I DON'T get is why Emily then went to Courtney's best friend and told her what she'd told Ben... and then told the best friend what Ben's reaction had been. Why on Earth did Emily tattle on herself? I can't figure it out at all. It would've blown over had she not confessed.

I also hate that Fleiss uses every show to try to teach us the lesson that woman who "whine" deserve to be reprimanded or punished. It seems very very important to the Producers that they reinforce this over and over, season after season. Samantha wants more quality time? Well, off with her head! Emily is concerned that Ben is getting deceived? Well, suffer the pangs of being chosen last, you meek wench! This whole show is really just a fantasyland in which Fleiss gets to punish women. I guess it's as good a substitute as he'll get.

In real life, if a guy isn't paying enough attention to a girl, then the girl needs to address it immediately and/or walk away. But in Fleiss-land: the girl brings it up the way any self-respecting woman would, but then Fleiss traps her in his talons, his red eyes and sulfer breath sucking the spirit out of her. In real life, she could've just walked -- and no harm done to anyone's feelings.

Fleiss wants all his viewers to learn the lesson that women do not deserve respect or love. Women are a commodity, and their adoration is expected, and the male should never earn it.

I have seen enough of Ben's sense of entitlement. He feels he is there to choose. He's not there to build love. He's there to judge the fruit, squeeze it, pick the ripest, and consume it. "Me woman. Me must satiate Ben." I guess I am back to being disgusted by him again. The berating of Samantha (telling her that her begging for more time meant she wasn't serious about the process) was too much for me. What a d_ck.
    quack quack

P.S. Remember Moana? She bugged me, but in hindsight, at least she didn't sell herself the first week. She was shopping at the same time the Bachelor was shopping. Seemed to be a more healthy process.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 01-23-2012 at 11:11 PM.
    Midol, Babbred and AlwaysVeg like this.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

You are all so brave and strong - I'm sure I'd be one of those blathering crybabies in the corner wimpering for a rose every week.

On another note, I'm here in Park City (Sundance is going on this week) and Ben is here - just saw a teaser for an interview with him coming up on the 10:00 news - he looks giddy. I hope he's giggling for the right reason and not because Courtney put a feather in his pocket.

FORT Fogey

Geesh - Courtney in the group during the toast when Ben tells them they are going to an island in (near?) Puerto Rico -- Courtney says she just went there two months ago! Then when they're all holding up their glasses, she says she can hold hers up higher than everyone else's. STHU, Courtney! I don't think I can stand watching her for the rest of this season. I hope by this time Ben sees what a fool he was.
    Coco46, jucamer and Midol like this.

Closed Thread