Closed Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: 1/16 Bachelor 16 Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/16 Bachelor 16 Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Despite the obvious planned appearance of Shawntel disrupting the rose ceremony, I felt sorry for her. She came off looking like a pathetic stalker, crying her makeup off at the end and giving a whacky, snivelling speech reminiscent of Jenna. I can't imagine why someone would set themselves up for that. Even if the original plan (in her mind) was to get a rose, was she not bright enough to imagine it might not end that way? She has experience on this show. Surely she witnessed producer manipulation for dramatic effect trumping any concern for a contestant's feelings.
    Pandora2 and jenniferboston1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Despite the obvious planned appearance of Shawntel disrupting the rose ceremony, I felt sorry for her. She came off looking like a pathetic stalker, crying her makeup off at the end and giving a whacky, snivelling speech reminiscent of Jenna. I can't imagine why someone would set themselves up for that. Even if the original plan (in her mind) was to get a rose, was she not bright enough to imagine it might not end that way? She has experience on this show. Surely she witnessed producer manipulation for dramatic effect trumping any concern for a contestant's feelings.
    Because she has a book coming out? Sorry, did I just say that out loud?

When Babbred mentioned this thing about a book yesterday, Shawntel's arrival started to make more sense. The thing I'm not sure about is what it told us about Ben. To me it seemed as though he was not all that excited to see her. So, maybe that's an indication that he isn't into mean girls, because wasn't she really hard on Michelle Money at Brad's second season Women Tell All? That's how I seem to remember it. So, if he doesn't go for the mean girls, then maybe Kacie, Jennifer or Jamie have a chance. Oh, one can hope.

Still, Shawntel's whole appearance was humiliating. She put herself out there and got rejected on national TV.... again. I hope they paid her well for her appearance and that she didn't just do it for publicity!

If Ben doesn't like mean girls, WTF is he doing on "The Bachelor"? Oh yeah, i forgot promoting his business...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    When Babbred mentioned this thing about a book yesterday, Shawntel's arrival started to make more sense. The thing I'm not sure about is what it told us about Ben. To me it seemed as though he was not all that excited to see her. So, maybe that's an indication that he isn't into mean girls, because wasn't she really hard on Michelle Money at Brad's second season Women Tell All? That's how I seem to remember it. So, if he doesn't go for the mean girls, then maybe Kacie, Jennifer or Jamie have a chance. Oh, one can hope.
    It was Jackie (Ames' ex) that was really nasty to Michelle. Shawntel might've said something, but nothing bad enough that I remember it.

That said, Shawntel having a book coming out certainly explains a lot...
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I don't know, if he doesn't like mean girls then why is he so attracted to Courtney?...who in my eyes is the nastiest woman ever on this show. Shawtel mentions in her exit interview that she thinks that is who she thinks he is falling in love with...personally I wouldn't go that far...Lust, lots and lots of lust.

I hope that he is really watching all of these women and how they treat others because many of their behaviour is not something to be proud of. If he does indeed pick Courtney...as it is looking more and more like to me...I truly hope for his sake it is nothing more than lust because she just seems totally selfish and insensitive to the feelings of anyone else. She wants that Neil Lane ring and could care less about him.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I just watched a replay of ATFR with Brad & Emily (including a little 'advice' from 3 other couples) and they all mentioned again how difficult it was to watch the show while it aired. And I just can't help but wonder what that will be like if Ben chooses one of the nasty girls -- how would they explain/justify some of their behavior? Or is he just so in love he doesn't even see it?

Ben seems so caught up in Courtney but it was difficult to watch without thinking. "if only he could see this..."
    1dog2kids likes this.

So I just finally watched the episode and haven't read through the thread yet, but here are my thoughts:

Did I miss something somewhere along the line?? What was the deep connection between Shawntell and Ben? They've talked a couple of times on the phone and she thinks they could be life partners? When did she become such a wacko? I was absolutely cringing on her behalf during the whole thing, and thinking that all of the goodwill she garnered during Brad's season was wiped out in 20 minutes. There had to be some other motivation for her to do this to herself. Had to have been.

Having said all that though, the other girls were so OTT at the cocktail party they embarrassed themselves. It was so obvious some were totally hammered, slurring their words, and the outbursts during the rose ceremony were unprecedented, I thought, and came across as really catty and rude.

And who says "what's-her-butt" anyway? Courtney has some kind of social issues. I'm not sure what yet, but there's something definitely there beyond just being a b*tch. She's really weird. I have no idea why Ben is so gaga over her either. I don't think she is the prettiest one there, and definitely some of the other girls have better bodies, and seem to be equally as interesting to talk to. It has to be the "model" thing, just like Jason couldn't get over the "cheerleader" thing. Poor Ben, he's just not too bright I'm afraid.

I still like Kacie the best but I hope she doesn't end up as the F1 because I really don't think they are suited to each other.

On the plus side, the fact that Ben likes and knows how to play David Gray on the piano gave him big bonus points from me. He's got good taste in music, if nothing else.

Oh, and the bikini skiing was majorly cringeworthy. I would like to think I would have told the producers and the Bachelor where they could have shoved those skiis before I let myself be made a laughingstock like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    ...What was the deep connection between Shawntell and Ben? They've talked a couple of times on the phone and she thinks they could be life partners? When did she become such a wacko?
    Huffing too much formeldahyde?

There had to be some other motivation for her to do this to herself. Had to have been.
    Her soon-to-be-released book?

Poor Ben, he's just not too bright I'm afraid.
    That's becoming painfully obvious with episode.
    sweetpea likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Closed Thread