Closed Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: 1/16 Bachelor 16 Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 1/16 Bachelor 16 Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I always think they are worse when editing the women than the men. And if they don't like them, it's even worse. I think it is pretty much an accepted fact that everyone spoke highly of and liked Roberto...the other contestants and people who knew him. I don't think the same can be said of Courtney. From what I have read thus far, of the people that have known her, worked with her in the past, none have fond memories and generally agree that she is being edit as they remember her. Not the case with Roberto...didn't his co-workers nominate him?
    Yes, and part of the reason Ed got such a negative edit. If I recall, he didn't make many friends in production.

Did Ben say they were going to Park City, Utah? All can say is, wow.

Canadian freestyle skier Sarah Burke dies after suffering brain injuries in training crash - News | FOX Sports on MSN

On another note, I just read in one of the blogs that Shawtel has a book coming out soon. Really? Then I'm sure her appearance on this show was just a pure coincidence.
    Last edited by Babbred; 01-19-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    What tidbit did Blondie offer regarding Ali & Roberto? Was it that Ali seemed to be captivated by Roberto's looks - much like Ben is with Courtney the model? We even have the "Is this too good to be true" storyline with Ben wondering the same thing about Courtney that Ali expressed about Roberto. However, after that the comparison ends. Courtney is definitely being shown in an entirely different light than Roberto was.
    The editing of the couple's story to reflect the producer's opinion of their longevity. I wasn't trying to compare Courtney to Roberto.

Like Ali's season, we could speculate that the drama resulted from an early declared "winner," who in turn--and for quite a change--actually causes the drama in a downright nasty way that is not Vienna. Or it could be another case of the real F1 hasn't emerged.

FORT Fogey

Yikes! Hadn't heard that she died. So sad

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Please posts relevant to the thread - show discussion of 1/16. It is veering too far off into comparison with previous seasons.

Thank you.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mods: Where can we post things that don't occur in a specific episode? - The discussion above was interesting and it's a shame it had to be stopped.

I didn't know where to post this either:

Prince Lorenzo was on HGTV's Selling New York tonight. He's trying to find a mansion on Long Island. He looked at one that was listed for $20 million. I didn't think he had that much money

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The problem is that all of us (posters, me included) are so familiar with this franchise that we automatically go into editing patterns and compare to previous shows. In the new format (no sleuthing/no spoiling) we do not allow for editing discussions as they are a form of sleuthing to discover the final one.

jucamer - you can place the Lorenzo information in the HGTV show thread in the Other Reality Shows Forum.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The problem is that all of us (posters, me included) are so familiar with this franchise that we automatically go into editing patterns and compare to previous shows. In the new format (no sleuthing/no spoiling) we do not allow for editing discussions as they are a form of sleuthing to discover the final one.
    I guess I'm not sure then about the types of posts that we can make. Isn't any discussion about an episode about the editing? If we can't talk about the editing, then we're reduced to discussing the fashion, personalities, and other superficial things. If I discuss storylines to create a more interesting conversation on this board, then I roll into editing. Last season, I don't remember us not being permitted to talk editing...
    Ellen, jucamer, Midol and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    I guess I'm not sure then about the types of posts that we can make. Isn't any discussion about an episode about the editing? If we can't talk about the editing, then we're reduced to discussing the fashion, personalities, and other superficial things. If I discuss storylines to create a more interesting conversation on this board, then I roll into editing. Last season, I don't remember us not being permitted to talk editing...
    No, you can discuss the events shown in the actual episode. The posts above veered off topic - previous seasons, the death of a skier, etc. Anything that moves into figuring out what is going to happen, based on a discussion of edits, comparison to previous contstants or anything else like that, is off limits.

After many season of having up to a dozen staff members assigned to this forum - and sometimes having as many as 3 or 4 monitoring it at the same time - we're just not interested in expanding the discussion beyond the events shown on the broadcasted episode. Maybe that will change in the future, but for right now, the staff needs a break from that amount of work.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I still like Courtney, Monica still seems like a creepier Paris Hilton. I liked Shawntel, and was actually hoping that she could've stayed, THOUGH I guess it would've been an unfair advantage. JMHO

Closed Thread